Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2011, 05:54 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,186,581 times

Advertisements

By nature I watch and I listen to people and I try to be mindful of my surroundings and people around me. I still make errors. I also monitor closely how I interact weith others. IRL, I always try to be a warm and open person, I have my days but I make a great effort.

BUT, it seems like people are short tempared more than ever and have no patience for any sort of innocent mishaps.

I watch the way people repsond to others, and it's like "everyone else is dumb but me" mentality. "Only those dummies make mistakes and I don't, therefore I can afford to act condescending."

"Condescending" seems to be the phrase that pays also downright lack of common courtesy.

Have we simply thrown compassion out the window? Assuming we had it to start with?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2011, 06:26 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,353,683 times
Be who you are and don't worry about how others act, there is nothing you can do about it and there is enough to worry about in life than how others act.

have a good day

Old 12-23-2011, 06:38 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,186,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Be who you are and don't worry about how others act, there is nothing you can do about it and there is enough to worry about in life than how others act.

have a good day
I'm sorry..the last time I checked, the whole purpose of a forum was to discuss things of interest. This is an interest of mine. It may not be your cup of tea and if not...........keep it moving.

You, prove my point. Maybe the issue is WE should be concerend about others and in doing so thre would be more compassion.

Old 12-23-2011, 06:57 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,886,517 times
Unfortunately emotions run high, people are too focused on themselves, have too little time for others, have a struggle getting from paycheck to paycheck or not having a job, it’s simply a sad period of time for many. There is a large percentage of political issues tend to anger some people for valid reasons, and there are those who have religious fears what might be coming according to their teachings and beliefs. This period of time in our history is the worst I’ve seen in my lifetime so far. I don’t feel as if I can trust anyone any longer because of the bad dealings of the past decade. People have lost their way and their teachings of what is right and wrong, what is acceptable behavior and what isn’t. It’s truly a bad time in so many lives.

Old 12-23-2011, 06:58 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,571,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
By nature I watch and I listen to people and I try to be mindful of my surroundings and people around me. I still make errors. I also monitor closely how I interact weith others. IRL, I always try to be a warm and open person, I have my days but I make a great effort.

BUT, it seems like people are short tempared more than ever and have no patience for any sort of innocent mishaps.

I watch the way people repsond to others, and it's like "everyone else is dumb but me" mentality. "Only those dummies make mistakes and I don't, therefore I can afford to act condescending."

"Condescending" seems to be the phrase that pays also downright lack of common courtesy.

Have we simply thrown compassion out the window? Assuming we had it to start with?
For here...just be mindful of your own well-being and don't sweat the small stuff. However, in the real world...it would a different matter altogether.

Old 12-23-2011, 08:06 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,353,683 times
Quote:
I'm sorry..the last time I checked, the whole purpose of a forum was to discuss things of interest. This is an interest of mine. It may not be your cup of tea and if not...........keep it moving.

You, prove my point. Maybe the issue is WE should be concerend about others and in doing so thre would be more compassion.
Touchy are we? LOL I'm just giving my opinion, thats what we do here. Good luck to you.

Old 12-23-2011, 08:58 PM

2,440 posts, read 3,431,950 times
Yeah Ron. I hear ya bro. And sometimes I just get tired of trying to prove if its me who's sensitive or if the number of boorish, apathetic people who refuse any accountability for their deficiency is increasing?

Old 12-23-2011, 09:02 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,515,416 times
Quote:

I will discuss this with you. It is a good topic.

I think there is a tendency today, for people to emulate what they see on TV. TV is such a powerful medium for many. I personally do not have cable, so I don't watch TV. I only have internet...

What was once considered to be witty, is now sarcastic. Somehow, "I am sorry" has been replaced with "Saahrrrreeee", like it is a strain to apologize and not sincere.

Old 12-23-2011, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinionated View Post
Yeah Ron. I hear ya bro. And sometimes I just get tired of trying to prove if its me who's sensitive or if the number of boorish, apathetic people who refuse any accountability for their deficiency is increasing?
It isn't you. I see it too. I noticed in the grocery store, it has become like survival of the fittest, with some cutting you off with their carts, and a smug sense of justification. I always let someone with one or two items in front of me, especially if there is no express aisle. I have noticed how shocked some are at this.

I wondered if this is just big city life, as I have always lived in big cities, or on the outskirts. But it seems like the average decent person has turned into the average greedy person.

Old 12-23-2011, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Touchy are we? LOL I'm just giving my opinion, thats what we do here. Good luck to you.
If you don't want to discuss something, why act like that? There is a difference in giving an opinion and being snide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics