Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 05:35 AM

36,531 posts, read 16,116,845 times

Advertisements

I never worry about it, my taxes are so easy to do! That happens when you don't have anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2012, 06:37 AM

11,864 posts, read 11,075,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Thanks for the tip Pam, however I don't need it. I've been hearing from others that sometime in Dec 2012 the world will end as we know it. There's no one going to be around to collect any tax. It's the first time I'll be able to get out of paying any tax into the government.

If you can run for president and not pay your fair share of taxes then I can at least have one year of not paying any.

Old 08-17-2012, 07:17 AM

6,434 posts, read 5,270,158 times
PLAN AHEAD FOR 2013 TAX PREPARATION

That's a very good tax return tip list! Keep everything in a big folder like the one elnina mentioned. That's the very best thing to do for tax stuff instead of throwing things helter skelter in a drawer.

First, be sure to retain your tax documents for at least 3 years after your tax returns are filed.
... I've always thought the IRS could go back ten years and that's what I keep. Will check on that.

Quote:
Thanks for the tip Pam, however I don't need it. I've been hearing from others that sometime in Dec 2012 the world will end as we know it. There's no one going to be around to collect any tax. It's the first time I'll be able to get out of paying any tax into the government. If you can run for president and not pay your fair share of taxes then I can at least have one year of not paying any.
Another end of the world warning? It's scary every time!

Old 08-17-2012, 07:26 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,253,252 times
Great tips, Pam. We all gotta pay up, even if we hate it.

Old 08-17-2012, 07:59 AM

44,432 posts, read 20,200,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
Great tips, Pam. We all gotta pay up, even if we hate it.
And boy, do we hate it! A necessary evil.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 08-17-2012, 08:32 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,985,286 times
Well I'm finding more things out about taxes............................ If you have your money put into "OFF SHORE" banks and investments than Uncle Sam doesn't know how much tax to charge you. Some people can get away without paying their fair share of tax by taking advantage of "off shoring money".

Old 08-17-2012, 09:28 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,858,236 times
Quote:
Thanks for the tip Pam, however I don't need it. I've been hearing from others that sometime in Dec 2012 the world will end as we know it. There's no one going to be around to collect any tax. It's the first time I'll be able to get out of paying any tax into the government. If you can run for president and not pay your fair share of taxes then I can at least have one year of not paying any.
I think I might be prepared just in case we are still around on 12/22 I'm totally organized and it takes about 30 minutes to prepare a spread sheet for the accountant. It takes him about 20 minutes to do our taxes and e-file.

Old 08-17-2012, 12:39 PM

8,746 posts, read 9,063,958 times
Thanks for the tip Pam! I usually keep all my financial records in categorized piles near my desk. That usually works fairly well unless I forget to put something important in one of those piles...lol.

Old 08-17-2012, 12:46 PM

44,432 posts, read 20,200,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
I think I might be prepared just in case we are still around on 12/22 I'm totally organized and it takes about 30 minutes to prepare a spread sheet for the accountant. It takes him about 20 minutes to do our taxes and e-file.
Now that's efficient!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics