Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2012, 05:11 PM

1,410 posts, read 2,140,553 times

Advertisements

Once upon a time, people wanted their phone calls to be in private. Remember phone booths? Then, they did away with them for pay phones out in the open...I never could hear on those damn things - they were usually near a busy street.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2012, 08:36 PM

3,646 posts, read 5,423,051 times
I saw a cartoon in our paper yesterday. The father was in the car driving with the entire family glued to their phones and texting away. The caption said, "road trips have got so lonely!"

Old 08-20-2012, 08:43 PM

44,371 posts, read 20,076,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antiquesmountainapache View Post
I saw a cartoon in our paper yesterday. The father was in the car driving with the entire family glued to their phones and texting away. The caption said, "road trips have got so lonely!"
Sad but true.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 08-21-2012, 02:52 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,036,241 times
I would rather the waiter come to your table, pull the phone out of your hands and hit you hard on the head with it.

Old 08-21-2012, 03:29 AM

36,428 posts, read 16,038,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temazepam View Post
Once upon a time, people wanted their phone calls to be in private. Remember phone booths? Then, they did away with them for pay phones out in the open...I never could hear on those damn things - they were usually near a busy street.
Yes! Phone calls use to be private

Old 08-21-2012, 03:59 AM

5,653 posts, read 5,155,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfunkle524 View Post
It's a great idea. There's a couple of restaurants owned by the same family in my city that give you free dessert or a free bottle of wine if you hand in your phone when you take your seat.

If your phone rings they'll come and collect you (after it's finished ringing) and you go into an outside area where no-one else can see you or hear you so you can call them back. It works a treat.

Old 08-21-2012, 05:36 AM

6,434 posts, read 5,252,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
It's a great idea. There's a couple of restaurants owned by the same family in my city that give you free dessert or a free bottle of wine if you hand in your phone when you take your seat.

If your phone rings they'll come and collect you (after it's finished ringing) and you go into an outside area where no-one else can see you or hear you so you can call them back. It works a treat.
That's an ideal plan for a restaurant!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics