Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2012, 08:16 AM

3,399 posts, read 3,096,005 times

Advertisements

Hope it's ok to jump in here and do today's questions. The sun is bright in the midwest, with the temps to be in the 70's....whoohoo...but next week dropping at night to the 20's....darn mother nature....get it right!

Hope all is well with all of you .... happy Saturday with good wishes to all.

Questions:

When you were a teen, did you go to the prom or homecoming or both?

If a girl, Did your date buy you a corsage? Did you buy your date a flower to wear on his lapel?

If a girl, did you have to wear a hand-me-down dress or get a new one and what color was it?

If a boy, did you rent a tuxedo?

Bonus Question:

If a hunter gave you a wild turkey, would you eat it?

If not, why not?

Today's History:

Sesame Street made its debut on PBS on this date.
Edmund Firtzgerald ship sank in 1975 in Lake Superior during a storm.
Long distance dialing began today in 1951 with calls between two mayors, one on the east coast and one on the west coast.

Today's Quote: No man knows how bad he is till he has tried very hard to be good. ~~C. S. Lewis quote

Have a good day everyone. Turkey day is coming.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2012, 08:22 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,715,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rural chick View Post
Hope it's ok to jump in here and do today's questions. The sun is bright in the midwest, with the temps to be in the 70's....whoohoo...but next week dropping at night to the 20's....darn mother nature....get it right!

Questions:

When you were a teen, did you go to the prom or homecoming or both? Nope...wasn't interested in going.

If a girl, Did your date buy you a corsage? Did you buy your date a flower to wear on his lapel?

If a girl, did you have to wear a hand-me-down dress or get a new one and what color was it?

Bonus Question:

If a hunter gave you a wild turkey, would you eat it? Maybe if it was the only thing I had to eat.

If not, why not?

Today's History:

Long distance dialing began today in 1951 with calls between two mayors, one on the east coast and one on the west coast.

Today's Quote: No man knows how bad he is till he has tried very hard to be good. ~~C. S. Lewis quote

You did good,ruralchick.

Old 11-10-2012, 08:27 AM

4,043 posts, read 2,913,696 times
Sunny and low 60s in the NV desert today.

Questions:

When you were a teen, did you go to the prom or homecoming or both? We didn't have prom or homecoming in New Zealand. We did have school dances however and yes, I went.

If a girl, Did your date buy you a corsage? Did you buy your date a flower to wear on his lapel? No, again, this wasn't the custom. In fact, none of the guys owned cars, so our parents just dropped us off and picked us up when the dance was over.

If a girl, did you have to wear a hand-me-down dress or get a new one and what color was it? My mom made my dresses.

If a hunter gave you a wild turkey, would you eat it? Yes, if someone would gut and pluck it for me!

Happy Saturday everyone! Thanks for the questions rural chick!

Old 11-10-2012, 08:30 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,820,202 times
[quote=rural chick;26891686]Hope it's ok to jump in here and do today's questions. The sun is bright in the midwest, with the temps to be in the 70's....whoohoo...but next week dropping at night to the 20's....darn mother nature....get it right!

Questions:

When you were a teen, did you go to the prom or homecoming or both?.....Neither. That was for jocks and cheerleader types. The "cool kids" didn't go. It was silly but I don't regret not going.

Bonus Question:

If a hunter gave you a wild turkey, would you eat it? .....Yes

If not, why not?......Only if I didn't have to clean it. Our neighbor hunts turkey and deer every year but he said wild turkeys taste different because they're not as fat as their store counterparts.

Today's History:

Have a good day everyone. Turkey day is coming. Thanks RC. I can't believe how warm it is already. I'm bringing in the fish from the pond today. I only have 3 big ones left but wish me luck on catching the 5 baby fish. I wish I didn't have to work today.

Old 11-10-2012, 08:36 AM

4,699 posts, read 3,284,112 times
Questions:

When you were a teen, did you go to the prom or homecoming or both? I went to both...several years in fact......older boyfriend.

If a girl, Did your date buy you a corsage? Did you buy your date a flower to wear on his lapel? Yes, and they matched.

If a girl, did you have to wear a hand-me-down dress or get a new one and what color was it? Mostly new dresses but I did borrow one a couple of times. My favorite one was a mint green halter dress.

Bonus Question:

If a hunter gave you a wild turkey, would you eat it? I would give it a try.

If not, why not?

Today's History:

Thank you Rural Chick!

Old 11-10-2012, 08:45 AM

4,045 posts, read 1,872,793 times
Questions:

Both
If a girl, Did your date buy you a corsage? Did you buy your date a flower to wear on his lapel? Yes to both

If a girl, did you have to wear a hand-me-down dress or get a new one and what color was it? New dresses.... pink, blue, green, but my favorite was white with different colors of embroidery.

Bonus Question:

If a hunter gave you a wild turkey, would you eat it? Probably not

If not, why not? I watch wild turkeys walking through my fields several times a week and that picture would be in my mind..... so, no thank you.

Thanks for the questions & congrats on your first star, rural chick! Happy day, all!

Last edited by kpinvt; 11-10-2012 at 08:54 AM..

Old 11-10-2012, 08:47 AM

11,087 posts, read 17,582,064 times
When you were a teen, did you go to the prom or homecoming or both? I went to the proms. Our school didn't have a homecoming dance. Just the football game.

If a boy, did you rent a tuxedo? Yup

Bonus Question:

If a hunter gave you a wild turkey, would you eat it? I'd give it a try

If not, why not?

Old 11-10-2012, 08:47 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,046,231 times
Questions:

When you were a teen, did you go to the prom or homecoming or both? Prom ... There was no homecoming at my itty bitty teeny weeny Catholic high school ...

If a girl, did you have to wear a hand-me-down dress or get a new one and what color was it? Got a new dress which was not expensive but the coolest prom dress ever ... It was a one-piece with a golden sequin bodice and black taffeta PANTS with an attached cape ... Strapless so I had to wear a black taffeta bolero with it

Bonus Question:

If not, why not?
I would not even know what to DO with it

Old 11-10-2012, 08:58 AM

7,340 posts, read 2,748,152 times
Questions:

When you were a teen, did you go to the prom or homecoming or both? I went to both one year...

If a girl, Did your date buy you a corsage? Yes, for the prom Did you buy your date a flower to wear on his lapel? Yes, for prom

If a girl, did you have to wear a hand-me-down dress or get a new one and what color was it? New and blue for the prom...homecoming I wore jeans and a school t-shirt

Bonus Question:

If a hunter gave you a wild turkey, would you eat it? As long as the hunter cleaned it, sure!

If not, why not?

Good wishes for a superb Saturday going out to one and all!

Old 11-10-2012, 09:08 AM

24,524 posts, read 26,071,732 times
Questions:

Both

Just a suit.

Bonus Question:

Sure, why not.

If not, why not?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics