Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 06:53 AM

7,369 posts, read 5,483,693 times

Advertisements

Happy Hump Day!!

It's a soggy morning here in the northwest corner of Indiana. In Illinois too
Fall has arrived.

Today's Question(s):
You're building a vehicle to fit your specifications. What will it be; convertible, mini van, truck, etc? small 4 door car, electric, GPS and backing up camera.

What "bells and whistles" (fancy options) would you like it to have? see above

What will you call it? My car

Bonus Question(s):
What is something that you know now, as an adult, that you *should* have learned in school, had you been paying attention? Wish I had paid more attention in my business class and learned how to manage money better.

Just for Fun:
What is something you do now that your 16 year-old self would have laughed at? Fishing. My 16 year old self would have never even tried it because worms were yucky to me back and I never would have touched one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2013, 07:02 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,023,210 times
You're building a vehicle to fit your specifications. What will it be; convertible, mini van, truck, etc?
It'll be a compact

What "bells and whistles" (fancy options) would you like it to have?
GPS for one .... Oh yeah ... Bun warmers

What will you call it?
Chattervroom

Bonus Question(s):
What is something that you know now, as an adult, that you *should* have learned in school, had you been paying attention?
How GPA is calculated ... I would have graduated with a higher GPA if I understood how it worked.

Just for Fun:
What is something you do now that your 16 year-old self would have laughed at?
I dunno ,,,

Old 11-06-2013, 07:34 AM

1,420 posts, read 3,185,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsCats View Post
It's a soggy morning here in the northwest corner of Indiana.
Fall has arrived.

Attached Thumbnails
Today's Questions - Wednesday, November 6, 2013-rsm.jpg  

Old 11-06-2013, 07:38 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,649,226 times
[quote=PatsCats;32112733]Mornin' all!

Fall has arrived.

Today's Question(s):
You're building a vehicle to fit your specifications. What will it be; convertible, mini van, truck, etc?
A midsized SUV.

A comfortable ride.

What will you call it?
The Cozy.

Bonus Question(s):
What is something that you know now, as an adult, that you *should* have learned in school, had you been paying attention?

Just for Fun:
What is something you do now that your 16 year-old self would have laughed at?I go to bed early, and wake up dreadfully early.

[

Old 11-06-2013, 07:47 AM

4,041 posts, read 2,909,100 times
Today's Question(s):
You're building a vehicle to fit your specifications. What will it be; convertible, mini van, truck, etc? I'll be building a convertible.

What "bells and whistles" (fancy options) would you like it to have? Retractable roof, grey leather, A1 sound system, 6-speed, purple!

What will you call it? Kiwi-mobile.

What is something that you know now, as an adult, that you *should* have learned in school, had you been paying attention? Sorry -- can't think of a thing!

What is something you do now that your 16 year-old self would have laughed at? Pretty much everything!

Thanks PatsCats and happy Wednesday everyone!

Old 11-06-2013, 07:51 AM

3,399 posts, read 3,091,356 times
Today's Question(s):
1967 Pontiac GTO

What "bells and whistles" (fancy options) would you like it to have? restored to original

What will you call it? da bomb

Bonus Question(s):
What is something that you know now, as an adult, that you *should* have learned in school, had you been paying attention? algebra

Just for Fun:
What is something you do now that your 16 year-old self would have laughed at? sing in the shower

Today is:
International Day for Preventing the Exploitation of the Environment in War and Armed Conflict clap clap
National Men Make Dinner Day yes yes yes...but I probably couldn't stomach it...he's not much of a cook
Saxophone Day clap clap

Quote of the Day: "My agent said, 'You aren't good enough for movies.' I said, 'You're fired.'" ~ Sally Field ~

I accidentally hit the button too soon and didn't get the whole title of the Post. Sorry.
Have a great day everyone! thanks pc. To all, the Hump Day is here. It's middle - you don't want to go back...only forward to Thursday. Have a great week.

Old 11-06-2013, 08:13 AM

38,897 posts, read 22,885,731 times
Today's Question(s):
A mid-size sedan.

It must have a good climate control system, an excellent sound system, comfortable seats, good gas mileage and best of all, never needs maintenance and never breaks down.

What will you call it?
The Dream Machine.

Bonus Question(s):
Perhaps valuing higher education more.

Just for Fun:
What is something you do now that your 16 year-old self would have laughed at?
Eating healthier and getting exercise on a regular basis.

It's the camel's favorite day! Make it a great one.

Old 11-06-2013, 08:35 AM

44,360 posts, read 20,066,476 times
Mornin' all!

It's a soggy morning here in the northwest corner of Indiana. Don't I know it, neighbor! It's been raining non-stop for almost 24 hours. Supposed to get really cold tonight, just above freezing. Brrrrrrrr!

Fall has arrived.

Today's Question(s):
You're building a vehicle to fit your specifications. What will it be; convertible, mini van, truck, etc? A mid-sized sedan, convertible. Red exterior; white top and white interior.

What "bells and whistles" (fancy options) would you like it to have? Leather seats with warmers; 17" alloy wheels; V6; XM radio; backup camera; automatic headlamps; GPS; all the latest safety features.

What will you call it? Sparky.

Bonus Question(s):
What is something that you know now, as an adult, that you *should* have learned in school, had you been paying attention? Other than general life lessons, I can't think of anything that I should have learned in school but didn't for lack of attention.

Just for Fun:
What is something you do now that your 16 year-old self would have laughed at? Talk with my girlfriends about aches and pains and prescription meds. *lol;*

Today’s Word:
plenipotentiary
Pronunciation: \plen-uh-puh-TEN-shuh-ree\
Meaning: adjective:
1. invested with full power
2. of or relating to a person invested with full power to transact any business
Cool word. My boss is a plenipotentiary man, since he owns the company.

Today is:
International Day for Preventing the Exploitation of the Environment in War and Armed Conflict This one gets the prize for the longest title. *dubious distinction*
National Men Make Dinner Day Good luck with that, fellas!
Saxophone Day I enjoy sax music.

Quote of the Day: "My agent said, 'You aren't good enough for movies.' I said, 'You're fired.'" ~ Sally Field ~ Smart gal.

I accidentally hit the button too soon and didn't get the whole title of the Post. Sorry. I corrected the title for you!
Have a great day everyone!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 11-06-2013, 08:36 AM

7,336 posts, read 2,743,364 times
Mornin' all!

Fall has arrived. Yes, it has. I'll probably have to turn on the heater tomorrow or Friday. It's supposed to finally freeze tomorrow night.

Today's Question(s):
You're building a vehicle to fit your specifications. What will it be; convertible, mini van, truck, etc? A small SUV like I have now. Hauls what I need to haul and it's good for the dogs.

What "bells and whistles" (fancy options) would you like it to have? I'm not much for "bells and whistles". As long as it gets decent mileage and is comfortable, I'm good to go.

What will you call it? Mine

Bonus Question(s):
What is something that you know now, as an adult, that you *should* have learned in school, had you been paying attention? I wish I had paid more attention in math classes.

Just for Fun:
What is something you do now that your 16 year-old self would have laughed at? Sounding like my mother!

Hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday!

Old 11-06-2013, 08:41 AM

44,633 posts, read 61,629,357 times
Mornin' all!

Fall has arrived. It's just beautiful here in the So. West, sunny and mid 70's.

Today's Question(s):
You're building a vehicle to fit your specifications. What will it be; convertible, mini van, truck, etc? Hum-Vee, military style with special modifications..

What "bells and whistles" (fancy options) would you like it to have? Machine gun, rocket launcher, people zapper gun, a mini-fridge and a toilet.

What will you call it? The VIPER, 'Vehicles In Public Exterminator Regulator'.

Bonus Question(s):
What is something that you know now, as an adult, that you *should* have learned in school, had you been paying attention? Teacher dyed her hair.

Just for Fun:
What is something you do now that your 16 year-old self would have laughed at? Got married and had children.

Happy 'Hump Day', enjoy...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics