Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2014, 04:55 AM

30,527 posts, read 16,226,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobber View Post
Good morning everyone and welcome to QOTD for Tuesday, February 18th 2014. It’s been noisy ‘round here the last couple of days – next door neighbours on both sides as well as the people whose backyard backs onto mine are having building works done – new kitchens in two cases, and a big ‘ole shed in one case. I’ve barely been able to hear myself think! The shed has a way to go as they’ve only just laid the concrete slab, but hopefully the kitchens will be finished tomorrow!

Today’s Question:

As most of you know by now, my snack ‘weakness/craving’ is chocolate. What’s yours?
chocoholic here too.

Extra Credit Question:

Please feel free to share extra details…

Have you ever –

Been booked for speeding?
yup

Hand-made something as a gift for a new baby (knitted, sewn, built - whatever)?
yup-mostly birth cross stitch sampler things but also painted a wood toy chest once.

Been on a cruise?
nope. no interest in going on one.

Had a job you absolutely hated?
yes.

Won a prize in a competition associated with the arts (painting, drawing, photography, writing, singing etc)?
won a prize for an fire prevention article I wrote back in elementary school. My 15 minutes of fame, way long ago.

Bonus Question:

Do you have a dishwasher of the non-human kind? If yes, how often do you usually run it?
nope.

Just for fun:

Today is Drink Wine Day. Do you drink wine? If so, what’s your favourite wine?
no. I don't drink alcohol at all.

Thought for the Day:

There was no respect for youth when I was young, and now that I am old, there is no respect for age - I missed it coming and going. (J.B. Priestly)

Today is:

Drink Wine Day
National Battery Day
Thanks, Kobber.
Hope everyone has a great day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2014, 05:33 AM

126,279 posts, read 19,053,589 times
Good morning everyone and welcome to QOTD for Tuesday, February 18th 2014. It’s been noisy ‘round here the last couple of days – next door neighbours on both sides as well as the people whose backyard backs onto mine are having building works done – new kitchens in two cases, and a big ‘ole shed in one case. I’ve barely been able to hear myself think! The shed has a way to go as they’ve only just laid the concrete slab, but hopefully the kitchens will be finished tomorrow!

Today’s Question:

As most of you know by now, my snack ‘weakness/craving’ is chocolate. What’s yours? German chocolate coffee beans and After Eight

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever –

Been booked for speeding? Nope not yet

Hand-made something as a gift for a new baby (knitted, sewn, built - whatever)? Yes I crochet hooked a lot of baby blankets in my past 30 years

Been on a cruise? Yes I went on 3 cruises as a child,one to West Africa,one to Norway and another one to Norway/Finland/Holland...my paternal grandmother arranged all the cruises on some of her special birthdays and payed for all the family members the trip..a beautiful memory for life

Had a job you absolutely hated? Not really

Won a prize in a competition associated with the arts (painting, drawing, photography, writing, singing etc)? as a student I won a 3. price in woodwork making a simple chair ...

Bonus Question:

Do you have a dishwasher of the non-human kind? If yes, how often do you usually run it? every second day,all depends who is here

Just for fun:

Today is Drink Wine Day. Do you drink wine? If so, what’s your favourite wine? We love red/white wine and our favorite wine comes from the Pelee Island/Canada or Rieslings from Germany...in winter time we have almost every weekend "Glühwein" (mulled wine)

Thought for the Day:

There was no respect for youth when I was young, and now that I am old, there is no respect for age - I missed it coming and going. (J.B. Priestly)......so true

Today is:

Drink Wine Day.....and be merry
National Battery Day

Thank you Kobber for the Q's...I keep forgetting today is Tuesday..we had a long weekend and last night a snowstorm that dumped 20 cm =7.87402 inches ...have a good day all

Old 02-18-2014, 06:02 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
Today’s Question:

As most of you know by now, my snack ‘weakness/craving’ is chocolate. What’s yours?

chocolate ice cream

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever –

Booked like in "gone to jail" or gotten a ticket? Yes, to gotten speeding tickets. No, to jail.

Hand-made something as a gift for a new baby (knitted, sewn, built - whatever)? no

Been on a cruise?

Only day cruises

Yes. Didn't like being a waitress as a teen. Perfectly fine people, normally, are royal pains in the butt when they eat out. I know this not just from waitressing but from sitting with them in a restaurant where I'd like to hide under the table. I always tip the wait people good.

Won a prize in a competition associated with the arts (painting, drawing, photography, writing, singing etc)?

Yes - several for photography. It took me until I was almost 60 to win something for being "artistic" so there is hope for you younger people. Kindergarteners draw and paint better than I do.

Bonus Question:

Do you have a dishwasher of the non-human kind? If yes, how often do you usually run it?

It's just me so when it's full.

Just for fun:

Don't drink. Maybe if they put high fructose corn syrup in it... <kidding>

Last edited by LauraC; 02-18-2014 at 06:12 AM..

Old 02-18-2014, 06:11 AM

5,903 posts, read 3,796,420 times
Today’s Question:

Chocolate is mine too, as well as salty snacks like chips or crackers

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever –

Been booked for speeding? yes but it's been a while

No I'm not crafty like that

Been on a cruise? no

Had a job you absolutely hated? had several of those

Won a prize in a competition associated with the arts (painting, drawing, photography, writing, singing etc)? nope

Bonus Question:

Do you have a dishwasher of the non-human kind? If yes, how often do you usually run it? No I'm the only dishwasher

Just for fun:

Occasionally and I like red or blush wines, no favorite brand just whatever is cheapest

Thought for the Day:

There was no respect for youth when I was young, and now that I am old, there is no respect for age - I missed it coming and going. (J.B. Priestly)

Today is:

Drink Wine Day
National Battery Day need some of those

Old 02-18-2014, 06:16 AM

6,848 posts, read 11,804,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobber View Post
Good morning everyone and welcome to QOTD for Tuesday, February 18th 2014. It’s been noisy ‘round here the last couple of days – next door neighbours on both sides as well as the people whose backyard backs onto mine are having building works done – new kitchens in two cases, and a big ‘ole shed in one case. I’ve barely been able to hear myself think! The shed has a way to go as they’ve only just laid the concrete slab, but hopefully the kitchens will be finished tomorrow! Ouch, hope your peace is soon restored, Kobber!

Today’s Question:

As most of you know by now, my snack ‘weakness/craving’ is chocolate. What’s yours? most any sweet baked goods

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever –

Been booked for speeding? speeding tickets, yes, many, many years ago, twice in one place - no booking involved!

Hand-made something as a gift for a new baby (knitted, sewn, built - whatever)? Trust me, they're much better off receiving something bought from me!

Been on a cruise? Years ago, a short three-day one, on the The Mississippi Queen (paddle boat) from New Orleans up the Mississippi and back - lots of fun, but not interested in going on an ocean cruise, ever

Had a job you absolutely hated? Unfortunately yes, but many more that I enjoyed

Won a prize in a competition associated with the arts (painting, drawing, photography, writing, singing etc)? writing

Bonus Question:

Do you have a dishwasher of the non-human kind? If yes, how often do you usually run it? Yes, depending on how many are here, with the whole family, a couple of times a day, otherwise, maybe once every other day or less

Just for fun:

Today is Drink Wine Day. Do you drink wine?
If so, what’s your favourite wine?
Estancia

Thought for the Day:

Today is:

Drink Wine Day
National Battery Day
Thanks, Kobber, much appreciated QOTD! Have a terrific Tuesday, All!

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 02-18-2014 at 07:05 AM..

Old 02-18-2014, 06:30 AM

7,246 posts, read 7,079,089 times
Today’s Question:

As most of you know by now, my snack ‘weakness/craving’ is chocolate. What’s yours? I do love chocolate. I could eat a whole box of girl scout thin mints.

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever –

Been booked for speeding? booked? as in going fast enough to get arrested? no - but I've had a speeding ticket - just one.

Hand-made something as a gift for a new baby (knitted, sewn, built - whatever)? god, no. I'm pathetic when it comes to things like that

Been on a cruise? no

Had a job you absolutely hated? yes, a summer job in college packing books. Their 'system' of how to do things really sucked and I quit after just 2 weeks

Won a prize in a competition associated with the arts (painting, drawing, photography, writing, singing etc)? does martial arts count? because I got medals at tournaments years ago

Bonus Question:

Do you have a dishwasher of the non-human kind? If yes, how often do you usually run it? yes. I firmly believe that you cannot get dishes hot enough hand washing them to kill germs. I run mine about every 4 days.

Just for fun:

Today is Drink Wine Day. Do you drink wine? If so, what’s your favourite wine? rarely, always red. I like mild reds, like a shiraz

Old 02-18-2014, 06:36 AM

19,521 posts, read 9,543,957 times
Today’s Question:

I'm in it with ya. I LOVE chocolate and the chocolate mousse in a German chocolate cake or a Red Velvet cake - yum. However,.. non-dessert items (snack/appetizer/s): Tacos and burritos Pizza Lasagne .... sliced cheese (Havarti - cream - favorite, then Swiss and/or mozzarella, and,.....), Sun Chips - sweet bar-bq flavor, and others, .... is there anything I don't like or crave?

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever –

Been booked for speeding? NO

No - bought items. Many years ago I did a cross-stitch for someone but can't recall those details.

Been on a cruise? No.

Had a job you absolutely hated? Disliked enough but not absolutely hated.

Bonus Question:

Yes. It varies and since I'm not home as often as my other half,.. I'm no longer the best person to ask. I do however, wash the big pots/pans, etc when I am home and/or preparing/cleaning house.

Just for fun:

Today is Drink Wine Day. Do you drink wine? If so, what’s your favourite wine? Sangria. Also, like many others: Pinot Grigio, .... darn, can't always think of the names. Wine list, please? Maybe I can pick some off that?

Thought for the Day:

Sounds alot like something that Rodney Dnagerfield character might say.

Today is:

Drink Wine Day - maybe when I get home and depends on what's for dinner that night, otherwise I just grab a bottle of iced tea.
National Battery Day - Yeah Rainroosty, I was thinking that too. Hoping it's the battery that charges toys and other items like that for the power it generates and not the fist kind> I'm going with the bunny.

Old 02-18-2014, 06:45 AM

7,368 posts, read 5,483,693 times
Happy Tuesday!!

Today’s Question:

As most of you know by now, my snack ‘weakness/craving’ is chocolate. What’s yours? chocolate, Twizzlers or cookies

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever –

Been booked for speeding? yes, but just got a warning, no fine

Hand-made something as a gift for a new baby (knitted, sewn, built - whatever)? I used to latch hook, I made my son a wall hanging when he was a baby

Been on a cruise? yes, about 15 of them. Fun!

Had a job you absolutely hated? yes, right now

Won a prize in a competition associated with the arts (painting, drawing, photography, writing, singing etc)? no

Bonus Question:

Do you have a dishwasher of the non-human kind? If yes, how often do you usually run it? we have never had a dishwasher.

Just for fun:

Today is Drink Wine Day. Do you drink wine? If so, what’s your favourite wine? I'm not crazy about wine but I do like a glass of Moscato sometimes.

Thought for the Day:

Today is:

Drink Wine Day
National Battery Day[/quote]

Old 02-18-2014, 07:05 AM

1,906 posts, read 1,615,963 times
Mornin' all!

Today’s Question:

While I wouldn't turn down chocolate as an alternative, I can't pass up caramel.

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever –

Not yet.

Not for a new baby, no. Made a cool window with an outer space view for a very imaginative toddler (see below).

Been on a cruise?

Yes. Went to Alaska. After the cruise was over, we spent a few days checking out inner-Alaska. Beautiful!

Sure! I waitressed for about 5 years. Hated every minute of it. But it paid the bills for that time period.

I won honorable mention in an exhibit in art school.

Bonus Question:

Yes. Twice a week? We run it so infrequently that we actually rinse the dishes before we put them in the DW to keep it from stinking like old food.

Just for fun:

I'm a beer girl. Mind you, I can be just as much of a snob about my beer as some people can be about their wine; beer should come in brown bottles, no other color, and shoud never be "ice cold," or "fresh."

Thought for the Day:

Today is:

Drink Wine Day
National Battery Day My laptop is running on it as I type!

Thanx for the Qs Kobber. Hopefully things will quiet down for you soon!
Have a good one everyone!
Attached Thumbnails
Today’s Questions – Tuesday, February 18th 2014-.s..window...universe.jpg  

Old 02-18-2014, 07:13 AM

400 posts, read 750,273 times
Today’s Question:

No cravings but I like having bread and crackers available at all times. Coffee is a favorite but I will do without when necessary, such as a kidney infection.

Extra Credit Question:
Have you ever –
Been booked for speeding? Ticket, yes. Booked, no.

Hand-made something as a gift for a new baby (knitted, sewn, built - whatever)? No

Been on a cruise? No

Had a job you absolutely hated? Almost 20 years on one job, the job was just fine but that office had a seriously harmful good ole boys club. It's the reason I quit.

Won a prize in a competition associated with the arts (painting, drawing, photography, writing, singing etc)? Many years ago, I won a small cash prize for a drawing.

Bonus Question:
I stopped using the dishwasher. It's just me and the animals, takes a week to fill it up with those things I allow in a washer. A waste of water and energy using it daily. So many things are washed by hand anyway, I stopped using it.

Just for fun:

Today is Drink Wine Day. Do you drink wine? Rarely
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics