Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2014, 12:20 PM

8,746 posts, read 9,033,859 times

Advertisements

Today’s Question:

As most of you know by now, my snack ‘weakness/craving’ is chocolate. What’s yours? Me too! I love chocolate.

Extra Credit Question:

Please feel free to share extra details…

Have you ever –

Been booked for speeding? I've had one speeding ticket.

Hand-made something as a gift for a new baby (knitted, sewn, built - whatever)? No

Been on a cruise? No

Had a job you absolutely hated? Yes, but it's too long of a story to tell here...lol.

Won a prize in a competition associated with the arts (painting, drawing, photography, writing, singing etc)? Only when I was in high school band. We won lots of awards. I've never won an individual award for the arts.

Bonus Question:

Do you have a dishwasher of the non-human kind? If yes, how often do you usually run it? No

Just for fun:

Today is Drink Wine Day. Do you drink wine? If so, what’s your favourite wine? I don't drink wine very often. When I do, I usually prefer white wine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2014, 01:38 PM

9,086 posts, read 1,459,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobber View Post
Good morning everyone and welcome to QOTD for Tuesday, February 18th 2014. It’s been noisy ‘round here the last couple of days – next door neighbours on both sides as well as the people whose backyard backs onto mine are having building works done – new kitchens in two cases, and a big ‘ole shed in one case. I’ve barely been able to hear myself think! The shed has a way to go as they’ve only just laid the concrete slab, but hopefully the kitchens will be finished tomorrow!

Today’s Question:

As most of you know by now, my snack ‘weakness/craving’ is chocolate. What’s yours?
my weakness as well Kobber, I'm a certified chocoholic!

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever –

Been booked for speeding? had a speeding ticket 20ish yeas ago, but that's it

Hand-made something as a gift for a new baby (knitted, sewn, built - whatever)? not a new baby, no, but for my niece and nephew I did.

Been on a cruise? no

Had a job you absolutely hated? sure have

Won a prize in a competition associated with the arts (painting, drawing, photography, writing, singing etc)? nope, unless dressage is artsy...

Bonus Question:

Do you have a dishwasher of the non-human kind? If yes, how often do you usually run it? yup. it runs whenever it's full...I have no idea how often that is

Just for fun:

Today is Drink Wine Day. Do you drink wine? If so, what’s your favourite wine? not a wine person so I have it very rarely...

Thought for the Day:

There was no respect for youth when I was young, and now that I am old, there is no respect for age - I missed it coming and going. (J.B. Priestly)

Today is:

Drink Wine Day
National Battery Day
Enjoy the rest of your Tuesday everyone!!!

Last edited by Draconess; 02-18-2014 at 02:03 PM..

Old 02-18-2014, 02:28 PM

4,749 posts, read 4,323,760 times
Today’s Question:

As most of you know by now, my snack ‘weakness/craving’ is chocolate. What’s yours?
Junk food. I'm a binge eater. I love Welch's fruit snacks and Nacho Cheese Doritos or Spicy Nacho Doritos.

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever –

Been booked for speeding? Nope

Hand-made something as a gift for a new baby (knitted, sewn, built - whatever)? Nope

Been on a cruise? Yes, and I love cruises.

Had a job you absolutely hated? Yes.

Won a prize in a competition associated with the arts (painting, drawing, photography, writing, singing etc)? No

Bonus Question:

Do you have a dishwasher of the non-human kind? If yes, how often do you usually run it?
Yes, never because I live in an apartment with roommates; therefore, I just hand wash my dishes.

Just for fun:

Today is Drink Wine Day. Do you drink wine? If so, what’s your favourite wine?
No.

Thought for the Day:

There was no respect for youth when I was young, and now that I am old, there is no respect for age - I missed it coming and going. (J.B. Priestly)

Today is:

Drink Wine Day
National Battery Day

Old 02-18-2014, 02:50 PM

54,498 posts, read 33,869,039 times
Today’s Question:

As most of you know by now, my snack ‘weakness/craving’ is chocolate. What’s yours? - I don't think I have any.. unless you want to count anything computerized, mechanical with wheels, like cars, guns, or something with wings like airplanes... Okay, I'll stick to the cheaper stuff.. like good coffee?

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever –
Been booked for speeding? - Booked? No.. but I've gotten tickets before..
Hand-made something as a gift for a new baby (knitted, sewn, built - whatever)? - Imagine me, knitting or sewing something.. that would be very scary! - I hand made an omelet and gave it to a girlfriend.. That might be why I'm still single.. - Just kidding. I can't think of anything right now.... besides silly answers..
Been on a cruise? - Cruise altitudes.. Otherwise, no.. at least not on ships..
Had a job you absolutely hated? - Ehh....
Won a prize in a competition associated with the arts (painting, drawing, photography, writing, singing etc)? - Marksmanship competition.

Bonus Question:

Do you have a dishwasher of the non-human kind? If yes, how often do you usually run it? - My dishwasher always talks to me and tells me "Please put dishes in washer" and keeps repeating it.. until it gets frustrated and starts yelling.. I do have a dishwasher and I don't use it very often, For the most part, I hand-wash my dishes.

Just for fun:

Today is Drink Wine Day. Do you drink wine? If so, what’s your favourite wine? - Rarely.. usually that red stuff Savin.. gin.. onion or something..

Old 02-18-2014, 06:39 PM

21,544 posts, read 8,727,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post

Today is Drink Wine Day. Do you drink wine? If so, what’s your favourite wine? - Rarely.. usually that red stuff Savin.. gin.. onion or something..
"that read stuff Savin.. gin .. onion or something," that's hilarious, Mike! Personally, I prefer Charred ..Oh .. Neigh.

Old 02-18-2014, 07:19 PM

4,965 posts, read 5,690,601 times

Blueberries

Been booked for speeding?

Yes

Hand-made something as a gift for a new baby (knitted, sewn, built - whatever)?

No

Been on a cruise?

No and I hate the idea

Had a job you absolutely hated?

Do it now...

Won a prize in a competition associated with the arts (painting, drawing, photography, writing, singing etc)?

Yes, won award for composition and piano playing

Today is Drink Wine Day. Do you drink wine? If so, what’s your favourite wine?

White whine.

Old 02-19-2014, 06:44 AM

54,498 posts, read 33,869,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayarea4 View Post
"that read stuff Savin.. gin .. onion or something," that's hilarious, Mike! Personally, I prefer Charred ..Oh .. Neigh.
LOL.. Charred.. oh Neigh.. It's always fun to twist some of names around... I thought there was a little bit of Gin in that Savginion stuff too.. You can tell I'm not a wine connoisseur..

Last edited by Magnum Mike; 02-19-2014 at 06:52 AM..

Old 02-19-2014, 07:11 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,649,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobber View Post
Good morning everyone and welcome to QOTD for Tuesday, February 18th 2014. It’s been noisy ‘round here the last couple of days – next door neighbours on both sides as well as the people whose backyard backs onto mine are having building works done – new kitchens in two cases, and a big ‘ole shed in one case. I’ve barely been able to hear myself think! The shed has a way to go as they’ve only just laid the concrete slab, but hopefully the kitchens will be finished tomorrow!

Today’s Question:

As most of you know by now, my snack ‘weakness/craving’ is chocolate. What’s yours? Chocolate and pizza.

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever –

Been booked for speeding? No.

Hand-made something as a gift for a new baby (knitted, sewn, built - whatever)? I made suffed toys for my cousins

Been on a cruise? Yes.

Had a job you absolutely hated? Disliked, not hated.

Won a prize in a competition associated with the arts (painting, drawing, photography, writing, singing etc)? No

Bonus Question:

Do you have a dishwasher of the non-human kind? If yes, how often do you usually run it? Daily.

Just for fun:

Today is Drink Wine Day. Do you drink wine? If so, what’s your favourite wine? Mad Dog 20-20, Boons Farm Strawberry Hill, Annie Green Springs.

Thought for the Day:

Today is:

Drink Wine Day
National Battery Day
Have a great day!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics