Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 08:15 AM

1,642 posts, read 3,657,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
here is mine

Curled up with a really good book and spend the day doing nothing but reading the whole thing. Maybe even grabbing another one once I am done the first.
I'm with you, Karla! I must say, though, that I can't imagine finishing a book in one day and going on to read a second one, too! I think a nap sounds better for me! Now, THAT'S an INDULGEMENT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by da jammer View Post
..a trip to Lowes (wifey-less) when I don't need anything I like to just cruise up and down each aisle picking up all kinds of stuff that I didn't go there for but just know I will need some day. I also like checkin' out all of the new tools, gadgets and gizmos that seem to come out every month. What? It's a dood thing
I'm with you, jam man! Only one difference...that would be a trip to Bed Bath and Beyond! I don't get into Springfield often anymore but I managed to get into town a couple of weeks ago and spent a few hours in BB&B!!! It was simply luxurious and definitely a chick thing!
http://mediaphoto.doctissimo.fr/dossiers/t/a/tartalacreme/grands-smileys/IM_4781.gif (broken link)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollygolightly View Post
One reason I look forward to the middle of the week: Guilty Pleasure Wednesdays, aka "Wine-Down Wednesdays," LOL. Me and one of my best friends drink Barefoot Pinot Grigio, on the phone with each other, while watching America's Next Top Model and then Gossip Girl. It's really the only TV I watch, and it's incredibly, deliciously campy! The anticipation is so much fun; he'll call me around 7 PM or so and say "Congratulations, you're only one hour away from a fresh episode of America's Next Top Model!"
Fun. Guilty. Wine. Friends. Pleasure.
That sounds like a wonderfully fun time, Holly! In my situation, I can't usually do that because the people I happen to share a love for certain shows with live in a different time zone! Bummer, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by captnemo62 View Post
I like taking what I call a "Sue" day.....
I don't tell anybody...not even hubby that I'm taking the day off.
Rules for "Sue" days are as follows.....NO HOUSEWORK!
That's the only one.
I get up when I want.
Eat what I want when I want.
Do what I want when I want.
If I want to go shopping then I go.
I have control of the remote too!!!

I love these days!!
Sounds like the ultimate, Sue! And doggone it, you're worth it, too! I believe a day like that could mean sanity for some people and I hope others will take your advice...because we're all worth it! It doesn't matter what your favorite indulgence is...your day is yours to do with as you please. Sighhhh! I feel better just thinkin' 'bout it!!! I think my blood pressure even went down!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2009, 10:04 PM

6 posts, read 14,173 times
I sit around and read fanfiction for hours on end. Hehe.

Old 03-12-2009, 09:36 PM

1,642 posts, read 3,657,513 times
May I ask what fanfiction is, hawthornerain?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics