Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2014, 10:51 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,503,771 times

Advertisements

Today’s Question:
When’s the last time you physically assembled/put together something, anything
(could be furniture, but doesn’t have to be) ?

A cabinet two days ago.

Extra Credit:
Do you keep cold/allergy symptom remedies (medications) on hand/around-
such as decongestants, antihistamines, or cough syrup ?

Yes

Bonus:
How many sweatshirts and/or pairs of sweatpants do you own ? I just have sweatpants. They are kind of like yoga pants. I have about 4 pairs. Oh I do have zippered sweatshirts…dozens of new ones Hey they were about $3.00 each

How many of those have school or team names on them ? None.

Just for Fun:
Which sorts of products (if any) do you buy “extra” of, stock up on-and/or buy in bulk ? What don't I Paper goods, food products, office supplies. cleaning supplies, health and beauty products.

More often due to finding the item on sale (a good price)-
or because the item is difficult to find in stores (a rare discovery) ?

Sales for my basic items. But there are a few things that come to mind because they may stop making them. My husband bought his "lucky" lures by the dozen about 6 years ago. It's a good thing since they don't make them anymore We both buy extra t-shirts when they go on seasonal sale. We have lots of folded up t-shirts and zippered sweatshirts put away.

Have a great day!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2014, 11:12 AM

114,838 posts, read 66,135,011 times
Happy Monday December 8, everybody-and welcome to QOTD.

Today’s Question:
Maybe a couple years..
Extra Credit:

Bonus:
How many sweatshirts and/or pairs of sweatpants do you own ? a couple maybe..
How many of those have school or team names on them ?
Maybe one T shirt.

Just for Fun:
Which sorts of products (if any) do you buy “extra” of, stock up on-and/or buy in bulk ? Canned goods

Today in History:
1943: Birth of American actress Mary Woronov
1947: Birth of American musician Gregg Allman
1950: Birth of American special effects artist Rick Baker
1953: Birth of American comedian Sam Kinison (d.1992)
1962: Birth of American actor Wendell Pierce

Today’s Word:
rubric /ˈro͞obrik/ (n.): A template, protocol, standard or category. Organizing principles for inclusion in a set; rules.

Today Is:
Green Monday
Pretend To Be A Time-Traveler Day
Brownie Day
Constitution Day (Uzbekistan, Romania)
-and the start to
Computer Science Education Week

Today’s Picture:

Thought for the Day:
“The friend who holds your hand and says the wrong thing is made of dearer stuff than the one who stays away.”
-Barbara Kingsolver

Have a delightful day, C-D peeps.
Thanks Cloven!

Old 12-08-2014, 11:29 AM

10,228 posts, read 16,360,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloven View Post
Happy Monday December 8, everybody-and welcome to QOTD.

Today’s Question:
(could be furniture, but doesn’t have to be) ? Probably the complicated "box" at work, one of those that has more fold-overs than it should need. Took me a while to figure it out.

Extra Credit:
such as decongestants, antihistamines, or cough syrup ? Not as much as I should. I think I need to stock up.

Bonus:
How many sweatshirts and/or pairs of sweatpants do you own ? Oh, I'd say 5 or 6 with tops and pants total.
How many of those have school or team names on them ? None.

Just for Fun:
Which sorts of products (if any) do you buy “extra” of, stock up on-and/or buy in bulk ? A particular lipstick - must have 6 tubes right now. Also, instant oatmeal. Buy powdered milk in bulk for my bath (nice for skin). There's lots more...
More often due to finding the item on sale (a good price)- Yes.
or because the item is difficult to find in stores (a rare discovery) ? That, too.

Thanks, Cloven. 'Here's wishing everyone a great week.

Old 12-08-2014, 12:42 PM

10,855 posts, read 6,411,118 times
Today’s Question:
Last wknd. when I put the cleaned shelves & such back in fridge.

Extra Credit:
Yes, though I only need them a couple times a year.

Bonus:
How many sweatshirts and/or pairs of sweatpants do you own ?
3 sweatshirts (one of which has name of college my father taught at), 2 sweatpants.
No sports teams.

Just for Fun:
Which sorts of products (if any) do you buy “extra” of, stock up on-and/or buy in bulk ?
Paper products, as well as seasonal treats that can't be found other times of year.

The latter, as my tastes are rare & specific, so the particular items are tricky to locate in my area.

Today Is:
Brownie Day-Love 'em, so chewy & dense with sweetness.

Thought for the Day:
“The friend who holds your hand and says the wrong thing is made of dearer stuff than the one who stays away.”
-Barbara Kingsolver
^Found this saying on a box of tea.

Old 12-08-2014, 12:55 PM

44,440 posts, read 20,216,609 times
Today’s Question:
(could be furniture, but doesn’t have to be)? I assembled some tabletop Christmas decorations a couple of days ago.

Extra Credit:
such as decongestants, antihistamines, or cough syrup? No. I rarely get a cold, and when I do, I rarely take a medication for it. It's been several years since I last bought a bottle of antihistamine tablets. I threw the bottle out eventually because it was way past the expiration date and was just taking up space in my cabinet.

Bonus:
How many sweatshirts and/or pairs of sweatpants do you own? I have 3 pairs of sweat pants, which I only wear around the house and I have several sweatshirts. A few of my sweatshirts are nice, and I wear them when I'm out and about, but the rest I only wear in the house to keep warm in winter. Edited to add: Oops! I forgot that I do have one college sweatshirt. It's a DePaul University shirt that belonged to my friend's dad. Funny, I don't have any articles of clothing with my own alma mater on them. I need to do something about that!
How many of those have school or team names on them? Zip. Two of my sweatshirts are customized with my own surname on them, though.

Just for Fun:
Which sorts of products (if any) do you buy “extra” of, stock up on-and/or buy in bulk?
More often due to finding the item on sale (a good price) - or because the item is difficult to find in stores (a rare discovery)? Toilet paper and wine. For completely unrelated purposes, of course.

Today’s Word:
rubric /ˈro͞obrik/ (n.): A template, protocol, standard or category. Organizing principles for inclusion in a set; rules. Wasn't he the guy who made the cube with all the little colored squares on it?

Today Is:
Green Monday I'm too darned busy to take advantage of the sales.
Pretend To Be A Time-Traveler Day Haha. Sounds fun!
Brownie Day I make the best from-scratch brownies!
Constitution Day (Uzbekistan, Romania) Let's hear it for Romania!
-and the start to Computer Science Education Week Boy, I could sure use a class in this. I'm not very knowledgeable about computers, software and the Internet. I wish I had the time to take a class and learn more.

Have a great week, everybody!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 12-08-2014 at 01:06 PM..

Old 12-08-2014, 04:48 PM

4,045 posts, read 1,876,086 times
Today’s Question:
(could be furniture, but doesn’t have to be) ? I helped my daughter get her Christmas tree in the stand tonight. Does that count?

Extra Credit:
such as decongestants, antihistamines, or cough syrup ? Don't. I do have some echinacea.

Bonus:
How many sweatshirts and/or pairs of sweatpants do you own ? One, black...zip-up
How many of those have school or team names on them ? None!

Just for Fun:
Which sorts of products (if any) do you buy “extra” of, stock up on-and/or buy in bulk ? I like Oregon Chai & it's more than $1.00 more in town than where I shop about once a month, so I do stock up on that. Other than that nothing I can think of unless there's a good sale.

Today’s Word:
rubric /ˈro͞obrik/ (n.): A template, protocol, standard or category. Organizing principles for inclusion in a set; rules. Teachers write/use rubrics.

Today’s Picture:
Yay! Looking forward to trying this. Thanks, cloven!

Thought for the Day:
-Barbara Kingsolver

Have a delightful day, C-D peeps. My day was cold.... 7 degrees this morning & the boiler isn't working well at school. Freezing!

Old 12-08-2014, 05:29 PM

5,987 posts, read 11,706,726 times

Today’s Question:
does putting brakes & rotors on my Olds last Friday count?

Extra Credit:
No, if I need something the drug store is 2 miles away

Bonus:
How many sweatshirts and/or pairs of sweatpants do you own ?
1 or 2. most of them are too hot
None

Just for Fun:
Which sorts of products (if any) do you buy “extra” of, stock up on-and/or buy in bulk ?
None

Thought for the Day:
-Barbara Kingsolver

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics