Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2016, 06:31 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,459,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
So, who came up with the word *fisticuffs*?
Did two people used to be cuffed together and use their fist to beat the tar out of each other?
Was this the prelude to boxing or WWE (or whatever that is called)?

I think I got up much too early so I am going to go and snuggle in next to Mr. CSD who is snoring at the moment.
Hi CSD610........ didn't you appear in 'Star Wars'?........ I checked up on the meaning of 'fisticuffs', and didn't find out much. It originates from about the year 1600, and early references say it as 'fisty cuff'. It is rather strange isn't it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2016, 06:35 AM

3,565 posts, read 2,128,221 times
Currently eating a chicken fajita!

But typically the wrap has "unwrapped" itself and all the contents are all over the shop! My fingers, chin, the desk, my mouse, a flew blobs on my keyboard.....everywhere other than my big mouth!

I can never make/eat a proper fajita without making a flipping mess

Old 08-20-2016, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZolaLloyd View Post
Currently eating a chicken fajita!

But typically the wrap has "unwrapped" itself and all the contents are all over the shop! My fingers, chin, the desk, my mouse, a flew blobs on my keyboard.....everywhere other than my big mouth!

I can never make/eat a proper fajita without making a flipping mess
You've got me glancing round the kitchen with all this food talk. Too late to start stuffing my face now with cake....... it'll be feeding time at the zoo in just over an hour from now. I have to save myself for the steak..........

Old 08-20-2016, 10:13 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,467,317 times
Back from town and I am thinking how sad it is that there are so many poor people here.

And then I come here and you are all talking food. Toosie…have a bagel for me please

Zola-Ha…I tend to be a messy eater myself. I love chicken fajitas. So good.

DH and I are being good and we are going to lose weight together. Today was our first weigh in Looks like it will be chicken, chicken and more chicken at our house for a bit. You know the drill….right Dave?

Old 08-20-2016, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ylisa7 View Post

DH and I are being good and we are going to lose weight together. Today was our first weigh in Looks like it will be chicken, chicken and more chicken at our house for a bit. You know the drill….right Dave?
Right Lisa....... There is a chicken thawing in our fridge as I type. I have to get a grip..... I am a little fat whelk........ After tonight though. It's a movie, and a couple of drinkies later........

Old 08-20-2016, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ylisa7 View Post
Back from town and I am thinking how sad it is that there are so many poor people here.

And then I come here and you are all talking food. Toosie…have a bagel for me please

Zola-Ha…I tend to be a messy eater myself. I love chicken fajitas. So good.

Enjoy your chicken!

you have my full support with your diet regime!

If it helps, I am currently eating a couple of chocolate brownies, partially submerged in a river of full cream

Old 08-20-2016, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Enjoy your chicken!

you have my full support with your diet regime!

If it helps, I am currently eating a couple of chocolate brownies, partially submerged in a river of full cream
There is only one answer to this Lisa........ we are going to have to join Zola on her morning runs.......

Old 08-20-2016, 11:23 AM

50,490 posts, read 64,372,970 times
I'm thinking, why did I eat that PBJ sandwich, when I know that peanut butter gives me a stomach ache, and the sugar in the jelly puts me into a coma. It tasted good, though.

Old 08-20-2016, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
There is only one answer to this Lisa........ we are going to have to join Zola on her morning runs.......
Good idea, Dave!

Just start nice and slow: couple of miles in half hour; and then ramp it up a couple of miles every few weeks. And before you know it you'll be doing 10 or 12 miles in less than a couple of hours.

The weight will fall off by the bucket load

Old 08-20-2016, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Good idea, Dave!

Just start nice and slow: couple of miles in half hour; and then ramp it up a couple of miles every few weeks. And before you know it you'll be doing 10 or 12 miles in less than a couple of hours.

The weight will fall off by the bucket load
I'm all for it Zola....... But what about my dicky knee?......... Could strap it up I suppose..... Start off HOW far?........couple of miles you say?......... Let me have a think about it, and I'll let you know. It's never a good idea to rush these things. How about I start with a 100 yard quick walk?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics