Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 06:26 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,186,449 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone

I know I am enjoying learning so much about our "loyal followers" of the " ? o' the day" thread, I hope everyone else is having as much fun

Ok so lets review
We now know :
What oddities you have stashed in your freezer/fridge under your beds and also your cars, we also know how long it has been since you have done certain things and how many magazines you read.
So now that we are like family it is time to reveal to us the true answer to

Todays question:

Do you have a "junk room" in your house that you stash things that you can't figure out where else they go?

This could be a closet or a spare bedroom

Quintuplet extra credit if you have the guts to post a picture

Today in history:
February 8,1936 - The first National Football League draft was held. Jay Berwanger was the first to be selected. He went to the Philadelphia Eagles.

February 8, 1912 1st eastbound U.S. transcontinental flight lands in Jacksonville, Fla
Go Jax !!!

Word of the day:
extempore \ik-STEM-puh-ree\, adverb:
1. Without premeditation or preparation; on the spur of the moment.

Today is National Fettucini Alfredo Day

it is also

National Wave ALL Your Fingers At Your neighbor's day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2008, 06:33 AM

4,834 posts, read 6,135,015 times
Todays question:

Do you have a "junk room" in your house that you stash things that you can't figure out where else they go? Yup, we have a combination home office/sewing room and everything my Wife wants to stash goes in there...somehow!!

Quintuplet extra credit if you have the guts to post a picture ...no way!!!!!

Word of the day:
1. Without premeditation or preparation; on the spur of the moment. My Wife and I both share this attribute

Today is National Fettucini Alfredo Day...Sure, everone but National Cannoli Day gets its 15 minutes of fame..

it is also

National Wave ALL Your Fingers At Your neighbor's day [/quote]...OK, we will make every effort to wave all 6 on each hand.

Old 02-07-2008, 06:38 AM

2,071 posts, read 12,036,309 times
I would have to say every room in my house has stuff that I stash away

Old 02-07-2008, 06:48 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,689,053 times
We are at our winter vacation place it's too small for a junk room. Our main house has an office building with a "catch all" storage room. I like to collect antiques and just can't display them all at one time.

Old 02-07-2008, 06:50 AM

lol it is a tie between out guest room and the 3rd bedroom

the guestroom is now the "holding area" for my empty 2 liter soda bottles along with some christmas stuff that hasn't found it way to the attic

and the 3rd bedroom
well that is just very scary
between my DJ stuff filling the closet along with hubbys "computer parts" collection
and boxes of stuff we packed when we thought we were moving last year and decided to de-clutter the house to put it on the market
oh yeah there is a coffee table that we can't figure out what to do with

lol it is hard to walk in there

ok now I promise to post a picture of the 2 liter room and the scary room when I get back from dropping the car off
but in exchange you guys have to post your pictures also

Old 02-07-2008, 06:52 AM

yay zonababe

I like your idea of calling it a "catch all " room
that sound so much better than junk room

kinda like being a "selective eater" sounds so much nicer than "picky eater"

Old 02-07-2008, 06:59 AM

7,731 posts, read 13,455,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
Good morning everyone

I know I am enjoying learning so much about our "loyal followers" of the " ? o' the day" thread, I hope everyone else is having as much fun

Ok so lets review
We now know :
What oddities you have stashed in your freezer/fridge under your beds and also your cars, we also know how long it has been since you have done certain things and how many magazines you read.
So now that we are like family it is time to reveal to us the true answer to

Todays question:

Do you have a "junk room" in your house that you stash things that you can't figure out where else they go?

This could be a closet or a spare bedroom

Quintuplet extra credit if you have the guts to post a picture

Today in history:
February 8,1936 - The first National Football League draft was held. Jay Berwanger was the first to be selected. He went to the Philadelphia Eagles.

February 8, 1912 1st eastbound U.S. transcontinental flight lands in Jacksonville, Fla
Go Jax !!!

Word of the day:
1. Without premeditation or preparation; on the spur of the moment.

Today is National Fettucini Alfredo Day

it is also

National Wave ALL Your Fingers At Your neighbor's day
I have a junk closet on my patio.

Old 02-07-2008, 07:00 AM

3,927 posts, read 8,687,398 times
That room would have to be my utility room. Currently it houses a spare bookshelf that I had custom built and no longer have a place for, my sewing machine, my office supplies take up the majarity of the cabinet space and I hide my tool box in there as well. The filing cabinet is also a catchall for extra supplies or filing that I promise to do later.

Old 02-07-2008, 07:14 AM

18,151 posts, read 11,811,251 times
Yes! The garage!! Im ashamed to open my double garage doors! Can't put the car
in there ... what I don't understand is this -
I park my $20,000 car in the driveway and fill the garage with JUNK! LOL!

Also, I do have one junk drawer in the kitchen, doesn't everyone?

Old 02-07-2008, 07:17 AM

3,340 posts, read 2,834,834 times
The junk room in my house is the tiny bedroom we use as a TV room. I can find another place to put the junk, called a trash can, but for some reason my son doesn't grasp the concept.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics