Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2016, 07:00 AM

3,984 posts, read 2,587,207 times

Advertisements

Hi, I know I haven't been around to post much. It's a long story that I will share later. I'll say this- I made the move back to WI and after a very trying, hectic time I have a job and an apt. It was a long haul to get here and I am still dealing wirh stress as I try to get settled.

But even in a crazy moment, I wiggle my toes and,say I'm in WI! Toe wiggling, that is figurativly of course! As if I am digging into the ground I now stand on.

The moment is very real!

What did you have that was good to eat this past week?
I made a grilled cheese and bacon sandwhich. Hot and yummy!

~ What kind of heating do you have in your home and do you like it?
Heat that is included in my rent! And it is hot too!

~ Have you ever gone to the market and found that they moved things around so that you don't know where things are?
Before I left TN huge national chain remodeled and moved everything. BAD Funny this copany, K ai will call it, is now the parent company of the grocery store I am now employed as a cashier. LoL

~ Have you had any precipitation this past week?
Oh, yes. A couple of inchs of snow. None of the snow can melt. Mostly, that is good!

~ Do you miss the summer?
No no no Too much, too little happened.

~ Orange you glad I didn't answer banana?

~ Where was the last place that you walked on 'the beach'?
Several years when I watched a 4th of July parade of boats on a TN lake.

~ What kind of store do you really like to browse around in?
Any thrift store

~ Well, now that we're at the book store, what section are you heading to first?
The clearance section

~ Where shall we have a bite to eat now that we're done shopping?

Culvers, a wonderful custard and hamburger (plus dinners for 5.99 and up) place

~ Now that you are home, what would you like to do?
Take a nap

What time.... zzzz what?

Thanks Rainroosty GREAT time

Last edited by Wild Flower; 01-29-2016 at 07:51 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2016, 07:11 AM

4,701 posts, read 3,288,275 times
~ What did you have that was good to eat this past week? Taco salad

~ What kind of heating do you have in your home and do you like it? Gas We also have supplemental wood heat.

~ Have you ever gone to the market and found that they moved things around so that you don't know where things are? Yes

~ The last thing you had with tomato on it: Taco salad

~ Have you had any precipitation this past week? No

~ Do you miss the summer? Yes, I love summer.

~ What brand shaver do you have? I'm not sure, Venus I think.

~ Who washes your clothes and where do your clothes get washed? I do the laundry in my laundry room.

~ Where do you suppose Paul Bunyan lived?

~ Have you ever used an axe? Yes, it isn't easy.

~ How about a sledge hammer? Yes

~ Have you ever been served something to eat in a basket? Think now.... Yes, shrimp and fries.

~ Orange ____bowl_____.

~ Do you save any containers from something you bought to use as a handy storage container? Yes

~ Where was the last place that you walked on 'the beach'? Florida

~ What kind of store do you really like to browse around in? Clothing and book stores

~ Well, now that we're at the book store, what section are you heading to first? Fiction

~ Where shall we have a bite to eat now that we're done shopping? Texas Roadhouse

~ Now that you are home, what would you like to do? Clean out the closet in the laundry room.

~ What time would you like to go to bed? 10

***** Pleasant dreams and happy things to you, today, Fryday and all weekend long! *****

Old 01-29-2016, 07:12 AM

126,387 posts, read 19,147,868 times
~ What did you have that was good to eat this past week? I liked everything but last nights Limburger cheese with Bauernbrot ( Farmerbread) and a beer

~ What kind of heating do you have in your home and do you like it? Gas heating but don't like the vent system blowing up the air

~ Have you ever gone to the market and found that they moved things around so that you don't know where things are? yes every year things are set up different

~ The last thing you had with tomato on it: Yesterday for lunch a tomato bread with cottage cheese and black pepper

~ Have you had any precipitation this past week? yes rain,snow,mixed,crazy so called winter weather

~ Do you miss the summer? Not really too hot and humid here

~ What brand shaver do you have?

~ Who washes your clothes and where do your clothes get washed? I wash the cloth..well my Samsung washing machine does the job

~ Have you ever used an axe? yes to cut wood great way to exercise

~ How about a sledge hammer? nope

~ Have you ever been served something to eat in a basket? Think now.... yes chips,buns,bread ,naan,roti/chapatis,parathas,Papadums,Pretzels and Fish and Chips

~ Orange juicer.

~ Do you save any containers from something you bought to use as a handy storage container? sometimes

~ Where was the last place that you walked on 'the beach'? in Vancouver/BC at Spanish Banks

~ What kind of store do you really like to browse around in? old Hardware store,Canadian Tire,IKEA and sports store and bookstore

~ Well, now that we're at the book store, what section are you heading to first? German section

~ Where shall we have a bite to eat now that we're done shopping? how about that little cozy Italian restaurant where they serve the best pizza

~ Now that you are home, what would you like to do?turn the fireplace on, open a bottle of wine,put some music on and relax

~ What time would you like to go to bed? 10 pm I like to lay my head on my pillow

***** Pleasant dreams and happy things to you, today, Fryday and all weekend long! *****

Thank you roosty and a restful weekend for EVERYONE

Old 01-29-2016, 07:14 AM

7,398 posts, read 5,512,445 times
~ What did you have that was good to eat this past week? nothing much because I was sick all week with a cold and had no appetite. I've only eaten toast and chicken noodle soup all week.

~ What kind of heating do you have in your home and do you like it? gas, yes.

~ Have you ever gone to the market and found that they moved things around so that you don't know where things are? yes, drives me crazy when they do that.

~ The last thing you had with tomato on it: BLT

~ Have you had any precipitation this past week? no

~ Do you miss the summer? yes!

~ Who washes your clothes and where do your clothes get washed? me, we have a washer and dryer

~ Where do you suppose Paul Bunyan lived? in the forest

~ Have you ever used an axe? no

~ How about a sledge hammer? no

~ Have you ever been served something to eat in a basket? Think now.... yes, all the time. Where I live a lot of place serve your meal in a basket.

~ Orange juice.

~ Do you save any containers from something you bought to use as a handy storage container? re-cycle bags

~ Where was the last place that you walked on 'the beach'? Mexico

~ What kind of store do you really like to browse around in? Dollar stores

~ Well, now that we're at the book store, what section are you heading to first? New releases

~ Where shall we have a bite to eat now that we're done shopping? Anyplace that has wraps or good sandwiches

~ Now that you are home, what would you like to do? nothing or watch TV

~ What time would you like to go to bed? 11:30PM

***** Pleasant dreams and happy things to you, today, Fryday and all weekend long! *****[/quote]

Old 01-29-2016, 07:35 AM

4,047 posts, read 2,918,148 times
~ What did you have that was good to eat this past week? Quesadilla Explosion salad at Chili's.

~ What kind of heating do you have in your home and do you like it? Natural gas, and yes, I like it.

~ Have you ever gone to the market and found that they moved things around so that you don't know where things are? I have and I don't like it!

~ The last thing you had with tomato on it: The salad at Chili's.

~ Have you had any precipitation this past week? We have not.

~ Do you miss the summer? Nope.

~ What brand shaver do you have? Don't know -- the cheapest I could find.

~ Who washes your clothes and where do your clothes get washed? I wash my own clothes here at home in my own washer and dryer.

~ Where do you suppose Paul Bunyan lived? I'm pretty sure it was Minnesota.

~ Have you ever used an axe? I have.

~ How about a sledge hammer? Yes, but it was really too heavy for me to swing for very long.

~ Have you ever been served something to eat in a basket? Think now.... hot rolls.

~ Orange roughy.

~ Do you save any containers from something you bought to use as a handy storage container? I used to save coffee cans and lids, but not any more.

~ Where was the last place that you walked on 'the beach'? The Dingle Peninsula, Ireland.

~ What kind of store do you really like to browse around in? Home Goods, Aaron Brothers, Michael's, Target.

~ Well, now that we're at the book store, what section are you heading to first? Actually Roosty, I haven't been in a book store for years. However, I used to head for the recently published fiction part of Barnes & Noble and the part where employees displayed their favorites and wrote mini-reviews.

~ Where shall we have a bite to eat now that we're done shopping? Panera would be good.

~ Now that you are home, what would you like to do? I guess I'd be reading one of the books I bought!

~ What time would you like to go to bed? 10 p.m. or thereabouts.

Thanks Mr. Roosty and happy day everyone!

Old 01-29-2016, 07:36 AM

27,403 posts, read 27,452,658 times
Wi
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeMargeSentMe View Post
What did you have that was good to eat this past week?

Nothing stands out. I eat the same boring stuff, especially during the week.

Central. It heats so it does its job, but I prefer natural heat over artificial heat. The heater heat is so drying and suffocating.

Not really. Our summers are sometimes 6 months long with short sporadic visits (albeit much milder) throughout the other half - it was hot on Christmas day and the A/C broke that morning. It's always somewhere around the corner which I like until July hits.

Those cheap blue ones. I'm not very hairy.

~ Who washes your clothes and where do your clothes get washed?

I wash them in the washing machine.

Up a bean stalk.

~ Orange McFizz.

A dumb thing I made up a long time ago. I won't explain.

~ Do you save any containers from something you bought to use as a handy storage container?

Sometimes.

~ What time would you like to go to bed?

When I need to.

Wow, great minds think alike, lol. I agree about the natural heat, and the summer issue, but we're probably the only ones who think on those terms. I do emember many years ago out here in Az too, guys were wearing shorts to work in December.
Heres to the bean stalk comment though. ����

Last edited by country pride; 01-29-2016 at 07:55 AM..

Old 01-29-2016, 07:37 AM

37,819 posts, read 41,126,784 times
~ What did you have that was good to eat this past week?

This is why I think I should eat something before tackling the Fryday questions.

This is going to sound crazy but it was broccoli that was really tasty in a beef and broccoli Chinese take out order.

heat pump. It's okay.

~ Have you ever gone to the market and found that they moved things around so that you don't know where things are?

Yes!!! It's especially bad for us shorties when they move things to a top shelf.

~ The last thing you had with tomato on it:

Don't eat tomatoes but had a burger with ketchup yesterday and made spaghetti with sauce Wednesday night.

I think it rained on Monday.

~ Do you miss the summer? Never.

Don't recall. They are plastic throw aways. Not fussy about the brand.

Me, in the laundry room off my kitchen.

Somewhere up north.

~ Have you ever used an axe? Nope

~ How about a sledge hammer? Nope

~ Have you ever been served something to eat in a basket? Think now....

Is this one of those trick questions that should have been "Have you ever been served something in a basket to eat?"

~ Orange you glad you aren't a banana?

~ Do you save any containers from something you bought to use as a handy storage container?

Yes.

~ Where was the last place that you walked on 'the beach'? Delaware - Cape Henlopen State Park

~ What kind of store do you really like to browse around in? Amazon

~ Well, now that we're at the book store, what section are you heading to first? nonfiction new releases.

~ Where shall we have a bite to eat now that we're done shopping? Doesn't matter as long as it's not a seafood place.

~ Now that you are home, what would you like to do? Sit in my comfy chair and read or watch the news.

~ What time would you like to go to bed? When I'm tired.

Old 01-29-2016, 07:39 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,949,972 times
BBQ brisket
Electric forced air and yes I like it, however gas is better to heat with.

Our neighborhood store is under construction and being remodeled so everything is moved around to locations and you can't find a thing....

~ The last thing you had with tomato on it:
veggie salad

no, but we'll get some in the next day or two from Calif.

No, it's too hot for too long here.

electric

Mrs Aks takes care of all the washing and we have a laundry room near the family room and kitchen.

Northern Minnesota near the Canadian border.

~ Have you ever used an axe?
yes,,,, several times.

~ How about a sledge hammer?
yes,,,, long ago

~ Have you ever been served something to eat in a basket? Think now....
Yes, fish and fries also I've had hamburgers and fires in a basket. Chicken in a basket too.

~ Orange sunset

A number of glass jars that I reuse...

~ Where was the last place that you walked on 'the beach'?
Somewhere along the Pacific coast in Calif.

~ What kind of store do you really like to browse around in?
antique shops & second-hand stores.

~ Well, now that we're at the book store, what section are you heading to first?
Non-fiction

~ Where shall we have a bite to eat now that we're done shopping?
Paradise Bakery

~ Now that you are home, what would you like to do?
relax and check what's online.......................

~ What time would you like to go to bed?
10pm ....

Old 01-29-2016, 07:48 AM

44,409 posts, read 20,147,006 times
~ What did you have that was good to eat this past week? Some scrumptious beef stew which I made for a dinner party on Saturday night. I made tons and had enough leftovers for lunch on three days this week. I also made a pumpkin pie and a black-bottom pecan pie and those were fab as well.

~ What kind of heating do you have in your home and do you like it? I have natural gas, forced-air heat. I like it a lot, though the air gets very dry during the coldest months.

~ Have you ever gone to the market and found that they moved things around so that you don't know where things are? Yes! I find it very annoying because I make my list out in the order of the aisles in the store. My favorite grocery store is presently making major changes, and it has upset my routine. Once I learn where everything is again, I'll be a happy camper.

~ The last thing you had with tomato on it: I had grape tomatoes in my salad at lunchtime yesterday.

~ Have you had any precipitation this past week? Yes. We had a mixture of rain and heavy snow last evening. There's not much accumulation, though, and roads are fine this morning.

~ Do you miss the summer? When we have weather like yesterday's, yes. I love bitter cold winter days, but hate it when it's right around the freezing mark and raining. We've had several days like that recently. It's yucky and makes me miss summer.

~ What brand shaver do you have? I have a cheap plastic razor; no idea what brand it is.

~ Who washes your clothes and where do your clothes get washed? I do my own laundry, about 90% in the washer and about 10% hand-washed in the bathroom sink.

~ Where do you suppose Paul Bunyan lived? In a cabin in Minnesota.

~ Have you ever used an axe? Hmmmm. I don't think so. I've used a hatchet many times, but I don't recall ever using an axe.

~ How about a sledge hammer? Yes. I used a sledge hammer a few times when I was a teen and was helping my dad with demo for a construction project at home. Demo is fun!

~ Have you ever been served something to eat in a basket? Think now.... Yes. Stuff like fish and chips, burger and fries, etc. My favorite hamburger place is in New Buffalo, Michigan, and it serves many of its menu items in plastic baskets.

~ Orange marmalade.

~ Do you save any containers from something you bought to use as a handy storage container? I sure do. I'm very frugal and I'll re-use containers many times. When I accumulate too many, I put them in the recycle bin.

~ Where was the last place that you walked on 'the beach'? The Mediterranean Sea at Split, Croatia on October 2, 2015. What a wonderful day that was!

~ What kind of store do you really like to browse around in? An old-fashioned antiques store where everything is piled up rather haphazardly. I love to root around in places like that.

~ Well, now that we're at the book store, what section are you heading to first? Travel or Biogaphies.

~ Where shall we have a bite to eat now that we're done shopping? Radamak's in New Buffalo, Michigan. (The hamburger place I wrote about above.)

~ Now that you are home, what would you like to do? Kick back in my recliner, with a big glass of water on the end table and a M*A*S*H DVD in the player.

~ What time would you like to go to bed? 11 p.m.

***** Pleasant dreams and happy things to you, today, Fryday and all weekend long! ***** Yippee! I'm so glad it's Fryday! Thanks for the questions, roosty roo!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 01-29-2016 at 08:06 AM..

Old 01-29-2016, 08:18 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,678,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post

~ What kind of heating do you have in your home and do you like it? Wood pellet stove, yes it costs about a dollar a day.

~ Have you ever gone to the market and found that they moved things around so that you don't know where things are? Yes, very frustrating.

~ The last thing you had with tomato on it: Salsa on eggs.

~ Have you had any precipitation this past week? No.

~ Do you miss the summer? Yes.

~ Who washes your clothes and where do your clothes get washed? I'm the laundress. My clothes are washed in the washing machine, silly.

~ Where do you suppose Paul Bunyan lived? In a wooded area.

~ Have you ever used an axe? No, and don't axe me again!

~ How about a sledge hammer? Nope.

~ Have you ever been served something to eat in a basket? Think now.... Wings.

~ Orange Juice.

~ Do you save any containers from something you bought to use as a handy storage container? No.

~ Where was the last place that you walked on 'the beach'? La Jolla CA.

~ What kind of store do you really like to browse around in? Antique Shops.

~ Well, now that we're at the book store, what section are you heading to first? Non Fiction.

~ Where shall we have a bite to eat now that we're done shopping? Are you paying?

~ Now that you are home, what would you like to do? Relax.

~ What time would you like to go to bed? 9:30PM.

Have a wonderful weekend!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics