Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2016, 06:51 PM

16,905 posts, read 16,130,561 times

Advertisements

~ Hi...what's your greeting for everyone here today?

~ What's your idea of nice, comfortable lighting in your home areas?

~ Do you buy 'freezer bags' that give protection to the foods that you freeze? If you do...maybe you can spill the beans about what type they are...specifics. (*smiley face*)

~ Please place your order for Chinese food:

~ Wouldn't it be nice if cats, dogs and the farm animals could speak to you, verbally, in your language?

~ Please choose 3 different cheeses and one piece of fruit...plus one kind of cracker...for your FREE
'CHEESE PLATTER'...served to you right here in our Fill-In Cafe!:

~ Have you ever drank a MOUNTAIN DEW?

~ What kind of ice pop is a good ice pop?

~ What flavor Tootsie Pop is best!?

~ 'Mulch' in the garden....what's your opinion?

~ Free bagel for everybody! (Yayyyy!) What kind of bagel do you want and how would you like it?
(We have everything you could ever want on a bagel!)

~ Did you watch on television:

Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea?

Combat?

Outer Limits?

F-Troop?

Green Acres?

My Little Margie?

Hullabaloo?

What's My Line?

Howdy Doody?

ALF?

Add your own oldie but goodies here!:

*** Whoaaa...check out the purpley grape sign-off! Wheeee! Have an awesome grape Fryday and a even grapier weekend! ***

Last edited by PJSaturn; 08-12-2016 at 01:24 PM.. Reason: Corrected typo in title at user's request.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2016, 07:09 PM

21,545 posts, read 8,727,966 times
Peace

I like soft, warm lighting rather than harsh fluorescent lights.

~ Do you buy 'freezer bags' that give protection to the foods that you freeze? If you do...maybe you can spill the beans about what type they are...specifics. (*smiley face*)
Yes, I use Ziploc or similar brands of freezer bags, mostly to store vegetables in the fridge or to freeze surplus baked goods.

I would like egg flower soup, spring rolls and family style bean cake with lychee fruit for dessert.

~ Wouldn't it be nice if cats, dogs and the farm animals could speak to you, verbally, in your language?
Yes, I'd love to know what dogs are thinking when they have those human-like expressions on their faces.

~ Please choose 3 different cheeses and one piece of fruit...plus one kind of cracker...for your FREE
Brie
Stilton
Extra Sharp Cheddar
Grapes
Carr's Water Crackers

Believe it or not, somehow I made it to 67 years of age without ever having tried this particular beverage. I've heard it has a lot of caffeine in it. I used to like Squirt, which was a grapefruit flavored soda, but I haven't seen it in ages.

I like cherry ice pops best.

Raspberry and orange are my favorites.

I'll have to take a pass on that one because I am an urban girl and know practically zilch about gardening. But I'm guessing that mulch is a good thing.

~ Free bagel for everybody! (Yayyyy!) What kind of bagel do you want and how would you like it?
I'll have an onion bagel, but I also like poppy seed bagels, plain bagels and "everything" bagels.

Combat?

Outer Limits?

F-Troop?

Green Acres?

My Little Margie? <---- This one

Hullabaloo?

What's My Line? <---- This one (GSN carries reruns of the original series in late night)

Howdy Doody? <---- This one

ALF?

To Tell the Truth
Password
Car 54, Where Are You?
That Was the Week That Was
The Twilight Zone
You Asked For It
The Nat King Cole Show
American Scene Magazine (the Jackie Gleason Show)
Disneyland
The Ed Sullivan Show

Thanks, Roosty!

Old 08-11-2016, 07:15 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,841,950 times
Howdy Partners!

Some recessed lighting would be nice.

Most things best wrapped in freezer paper then in heavy ziplock is probably best. Clean fresh fish and place in ziplock fill with water to cover seal and freeze. Uncle of mine taught me this.

Orange chicken and flied lice.

Sharp Cheddar, Colby Jack, cream cheese and Ritz or Club crackers.

A frozen one.

Chocolate.

Eh... if you use it and kill and cover weeds first. It eventually ends up mixed in with the soil. Looks good sometimes.

Not familiar enough to choose.

Combat?

Outer Limits?

F-Troop?

Green Acres?

My Little Margie?

Hullabaloo?

What's My Line?

Howdy Doody?

ALF?
Not much.

*** Whoaaa...check out the purpley grape sign-off! Wheeee! Have an awesome grape Fryday and a even grapier weekend! ***
Thanks Roosty! Nice job!

Last edited by SATX56; 08-11-2016 at 07:42 PM..

Old 08-11-2016, 07:59 PM

24,768 posts, read 28,526,608 times
Hi...what's your greeting for everyone here today? How......... DEE I am a pick-in and a grin-in.. and it's snot a muzi-cal instar-ment

~ What's your idea of nice, comfortable lighting in your home areas? A table lamp

Cheap Cheap zip seal double bag it..

~ Please place your order for Chinese food: Shrimp Rolls -- General Chows Beef & Vegetables w/ green tea..

FYI: They do.. really I am very serious... they do if you listen.. just watch their faces and talk in a whisper.. sweet nothing's.. tell them how beautiful they are and watch the face and body jesters.. really

Trisket - Apple - Sharp Cedar... no stinky cheese please.. Port Wine Cheese & Ritz I will eat a whole box.

~ Have you ever drank a MOUNTAIN DEW? Which is Kick-A- Poo Joy Juice..
FYI: > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kickapoo_Joy_Juice

~ What kind of ice pop is a good ice pop? Grape Nehi

~ What flavor Tootsie Pop is best!? All of then.. Cherry is a 10+

~ 'Mulch' in the garden....what's your opinion? Mulch and worms.. and worm poo castings the Black Gold of Gardening..

(We have everything you could ever want on a bagel!) Toasted Onion and has to be only from New York City... and a topping cream cheese & chive

Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea? Yes

Combat? Yes Vick M

Outer Limits? Yes .. but so so

F-Troop? ......... One time

Green Acres? Yes and one time only

My Little Margie? Yes

Hullabaloo? Yes...

What's My Line? Yes with Kitty Carlie

Howdy Doody? Yes original

ALF? ........... cute but stupid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DL1ZH0Ke92A

Old 08-11-2016, 08:13 PM

11,371 posts, read 9,286,148 times
~ Hi...what's your greeting for everyone here today? Hope everyone is well.
I came down with a cold the other day.
I seem to be a bit worse today. I can't mess this overtime up...

~ What's your idea of nice, comfortable lighting in your home areas? - Limited choice as I live in a small apartment.

~ Do you buy 'freezer bags' that give protection to the foods that you freeze? If you do...maybe you can spill the beans about what type they are...specifics. (*smiley face*) - Generic.

~ Please place your order for Chinese food: - Chicken, mushrooms, vegetables, steamed rice.

~ Wouldn't it be nice if cats, dogs and the farm animals could speak to you, verbally, in your language? - I'm pet-free...

- Pass.

~ Have you ever drank a MOUNTAIN DEW? - A very long time ago. I wouldn't touch that stuff again.

~ What kind of ice pop is a good ice pop? - Don't remember the last time I had, decades maybe.
To play along - cherry if it was offered.

~ What flavor Tootsie Pop is best!? - Chocolate. Been years for that too.

~ 'Mulch' in the garden....what's your opinion? - Never had one.

- It's been a long time since I had one.
Can I have a chocolate muffin instead?

Combat?

Outer Limits?

F-Troop?

Green Acres?

My Little Margie?

Hullabaloo?

What's My Line?

Howdy Doody?

ALF?

^ No to all.

Andy Griffith Show
Gomer Pyle
McHale's Navy
Leave It To Beaver (later shows only)
Patty Duke Show
Password

Thanks, Rainroosty.
Happy Friday to all!

Old 08-11-2016, 08:50 PM

38,899 posts, read 22,885,731 times
~ Hi...what's your greeting for everyone here today? Good morning and TGIF!

~ What's your idea of nice, comfortable lighting in your home areas? Soft, white lighting using frosted bulbs.

~ Do you buy 'freezer bags' that give protection to the foods that you freeze? If you do...maybe you can spill the beans about what type they are...specifics. (*smiley face*) I just use the Ziploc bags. They work very well.

~ Please place your order for Chinese food: Black pepper chicken, barbecued pork and fried rice. Banana egg rolls topped with vanilla ice cream for dessert.

~ Wouldn't it be nice if cats, dogs and the farm animals could speak to you, verbally, in your language? Yes, so I wouldn't have to second-guess what they're trying to tell me.

Water crackers with cheddar, mozzarella and Monterey Jack.

~ Have you ever drank a MOUNTAIN DEW? Believe it or not, I've never tried it.

~ What kind of ice pop is a good ice pop? Pineapple, just like the ones my grandmother in the Philippines used to make.

~ What flavor Tootsie Pop is best!? I like chocolate and orange.

~ 'Mulch' in the garden....what's your opinion? It's very beneficial.

(We have everything you could ever want on a bagel!) Just a regular water bagel topped with honey cream cheese. Yum!

Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea? <--This

Combat? <--This

Outer Limits? <--This

F-Troop? <--This

Green Acres? <--This

My Little Margie?

Hullabaloo?

What's My Line? <--This

Howdy Doody? <--This

ALF? <--This

Soupy Sales
Captain Kangaroo
Good Times
Sanford & Son
The Jeffersons
All in the Family
Mouse Factory (a Disney show)
Gumby

HAPPY FRIDAY, EVERYONE!!!

Old 08-11-2016, 09:26 PM

51,691 posts, read 15,696,447 times
~ Hi...what's your greeting for everyone here today? Stay cool everyone.

~ What's your idea of nice, comfortable lighting in your home areas? Soft lighting.

~ Do you buy 'freezer bags' that give protection to the foods that you freeze? Not often. If you do...maybe you can spill the beans about what type they are...specifics. (*smiley face*)

~ Please place your order for Chinese food: Hot and Sour soup, Shrimp with mixed veggies, white rice and some fried dumplings.

~ Wouldn't it be nice if cats, dogs and the farm animals could speak to you, verbally, in your language? My Millie understands some of what I say and yes, it would be nice if they could speak English.

'CHEESE PLATTER '...served to you right here in our Fill-In Cafe!: I'll pass..don't eat cheese platters.

~ What kind of ice pop is a good ice pop? Cherry.

~ What flavor Tootsie Pop is best!? Chocolate.

~ 'Mulch' in the garden....what's your opinion? Don't really have an opinion.

~ Free bagel for everybody! (Yayyyy!) What kind of bagel do you want and how would you like it? I'll have an everything or onion bagel with some butter or hummus.

Combat?

Outer Limits?

F-Troop? Sometimes

Green Acres? Sometimes

My Little Margie? Sometimes

Hullabaloo?

What's My Line?

Howdy Doody? Not often.

ALF?

Add your own oldie but goodies here!: The Honeymooners, The Twilight Zone, One Step Beyond, Soupy Sales Show, The Red Skelton Show, Ed Sullivan Show, Match Game, Password, Queen For A Day, Make Room for Daddy, The Patty Duke Show....

[/quote]

Nice job, roosty.

Old 08-11-2016, 09:26 PM

2,290 posts, read 1,433,330 times
[quote=rainroosty;45099027]~ Hi...what's your greeting for everyone here today?

Hi fools!

No, that's rude. I don't think anyone here is a fool. It's just fun to say.

During the day I prefer natural light. In the evening I use the main ceiling lights if I need them for something. Other than that I just use lamps and I do have some multi-colored outdoor patio lights strung up over one window.

I want Philips Hue but don't want to pay for it. I love how different lighting can completely transform the mood and feel of a place.

Ya.

Mango chicken.

Not sure. Agnes the cat is annoying as it is. I can't imagine what she would be like if she could talk.

'[font=Fixedsys]CHEESE PLATTER[font=Verdana]'...served to you right here in our Fill-In Cafe!:

I'll pass on the cheese, but plain Tricuits and fresh orange slices are so good together!

~ Have you ever drank a [font=Comic Sans MS]MOUNTAIN DEW[font=Verdana]?

I've drank a few in my life.

Strawberry or pineapple with bits of fruit in them.

Purple, chocolate or orange.

It looks nice.

I had recently been eating cinnamon raisin bagels with peanut butter for breakfast. I gained a few pounds. They had to go.

Yes.

Combat?

Outer Limits? <--- I've seen a few.

F-Troop?

Green Acres? <--- I've seen a few.

My Little Margie?

Hullabaloo?

What's My Line?

Howdy Doody?

ALF? <--- I had a lunch box.

The Twilight Zone! My second favorite show of all time (after Lost).

Old 08-12-2016, 12:34 AM

4,045 posts, read 1,871,132 times
~ Hi...what's your greeting for everyone here today? Hi! Anyone else go out to watch the meteor shower? I've just come in and have only seen five meteors. I'll probably go back out for a while.

~ What's your idea of nice, comfortable lighting in your home areas? Dimmed recessed lighting or table lamps. Soft lighting for most rooms. Brighter lights in the kitchen.

~ Do you buy 'freezer bags' that give protection to the foods that you freeze? If you do...maybe you can spill the beans about what type they are...specifics. (*smiley face*) It's just me here, so I don't freeze a lot of foods.

~ Please place your order for Chinese food: Passing on Chinese food, thanks.

~ Wouldn't it be nice if cats, dogs and the farm animals could speak to you, verbally, in your language? Dogs & cats, yes. Farm animals? Not so sure. Thinking about what pigs might say....

'CHEESE PLATTER'...served to you right here in our Fill-In Cafe!: Goat cheese, brie, smoked gouda.... or maybe cheddar with horseradish. Peaches.... I had some good peaches the other day and a flatbread cracker, something with herbs I think.

~ Have you ever drank a MOUNTAIN DEW? My older daughter used to love Mountain Dew. I had a sip once and that stuff is nasty.

~ What kind of ice pop is a good ice pop? Real Fruit.... Pineapple or Mango

~ What flavor Tootsie Pop is best!? Chocolate, of course!

~ 'Mulch' in the garden....what's your opinion? Helps keep the weeds down... Can look nice, though I think the stuff that is kind of orange looks awful, not natural at all.

(We have everything you could ever want on a bagel!) Just a plain bagel with cream cheese sounds good right now. I know, not very original.

Combat?

Outer Limits?

F-Troop?

Green Acres?

My Little Margie?

Hullabaloo?

What's My Line?

Howdy Doody?

ALF?

Add your own oldie but goodies here!: Wonderful World of Disney.... We went to my grandparents to watch every Sunday night. Friends, West Wing, Mork & Mindy..... Taxi. The Carol Burnett Show, Fraser, Cheers, Will & Grace, M*A*S*H, I Love Lucy, Seinfeld.

*** Whoaaa...check out the purpley grape sign-off! Wheeee! Have an awesome grape Fryday and a even grapier weekend! *** Thanks, roosty! And a grapier weekend to you too!

Old 08-12-2016, 03:53 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,596,004 times
what's your greeting for everyone here today? namaste

~ What's your idea of nice, comfortable lighting in your home areas? i like when theres enough light from the windows that I don't need artificial light

~ Do you buy 'freezer bags' that give protection to the foods that you freeze? If you do...maybe you can spill the beans about what type they are...specifics. (*smiley face*) have done - brand name and generic

~ Please place your order for Chinese food: id like a fresh roll, hot n sour soup, and some chow fun

~ Wouldn't it be nice if cats, dogs and the farm animals could speak to you, verbally, in your language? no I'm satisfied with the current arrangement - I speak with them in their language

'[font=Fixedsys]CHEESE PLATTER[font=Verdana]'...served to you right here in our Fill-In Cafe!:lets keep it simple - Brie, sharp white cheddar, and smoked Gouda. Plus red seedless grapes, and carrs assorted crackers

~ Have you ever drank a [font=Comic Sans MS]MOUNTAIN DEW[font=Verdana]? no but I think I tasted one - maybe that was just Gatorade

~ What kind of ice pop is a good ice pop? banana or lemon flavor

~ What flavor Tootsie Pop is best!? chocolate or orange

~ 'Mulch' in the garden....what's your opinion? it belongs out there

(We have everything you could ever want on a bagel!) sesame seed and one egg bagel. Very Toasted. One with good butter and one with jalapeño cream cheese

Combat?

Outer Limits?

F-Troop?

Green Acres? sometimes

My Little Margie?

Hullabaloo?

What's My Line? sometimes

Howdy Doody?

ALF?

Add your own oldie but goodies here!:land of the lost

Have a great start to the weekend everyone!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics