Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 05:50 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,107,768 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
lol As you can tell by how late todays ? is, it was not one of my 4:30 am mornings
When I found out it is "National love your pet day" I got the inspiration for
Todays question:

Do you have a pet(s) if so, how many and what kind?

Extra credit:
What is the craziest,strangest or funniest thing you have done for them?

Today in history :

February 21,1842 - John J. Greenough of Washington, DC patented the sewing machine on this day.

February 21,1878 - The first telephone directories issued in the U.S. were distributed to residents in New Haven, CT. It was easy to “Let Your Fingers Do the Walking” at that time as only 50 subscribers’ names were listed.

Word of the day :

satiety \suh-TY-uh-tee\, noun:
The state of being full or gratified to or beyond the point of satisfaction.

Today is National Sticky Bun Day

it is also

National Love your pet Day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2008, 05:57 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,107,768 times
We have 2 retired greyhounds
a Lola dog (we aren't sure what her combo mix is)
and a cockatiel

I guess the strangest or maybe it could be considered crazy thing we have done is we built a bigger house house because the dogs needed more room.
lol we get pretty strange look when folks ask "why do you need such a big house if you have no kids and it is just the 2 of you ?" and we reply "for the dogs of course"

Old 02-21-2008, 06:13 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,843,220 times
No-no pets-just kids and a DH!!

National sticky bun day-wow what a week this is-chocolate mint, margaritas now sticky buns-yum.

BTW-Morning all.

Old 02-21-2008, 06:16 AM

3,340 posts, read 2,829,511 times
We have a Boxer/Lab mix named Bella. The craziest thing we do, is put off vacations because we don't want to board her.

Always looking for an excuse to show her off...

Last edited by tlb71; 02-21-2008 at 07:06 AM..

Old 02-21-2008, 06:25 AM

18,116 posts, read 11,749,491 times
I have 2 Golden Retrievers; a female Sandy and a male Buddy. I named him Buddy as in Sandy's friend/playmate. Thought that was cool idea!
Buddy comes from the animal shelter one hour (no exaggeration!) before his death due to wandering and no one claimed him. Sad stuff. Beautiful dog, so perfect and kind.

One of pets we had was a hamster for my son. A little background - He loved that hamster and took care of him faithfully. Every once in a while, he would let the hamster rolled in the ball cage thing around the house while cleaning his cage. I never fooled with it as I really didn't care for it but I did support him all the way for responsibility of caring for a pet. Then he went away to a medical college summer camp for one week. I tried my best to wash the cage, feed the hamster and all. He died on me! I have no idea what I did wrong. I didn't want my kid to come home from camp and there is no hamster. I went to the pet store, bought a hamster which I thought looked just like his. I never told him anything. I really thought I matched it up perfectly and he wouldn't notice. Guess what? He said "Where is MY hamster??!!!"
Can you believe he knew the difference in a hamster? They all looked the same to me but he knew!

Old 02-21-2008, 06:31 AM

4,834 posts, read 6,120,292 times
Cool sewiong machines?..Yukko

MORNIN KARLA...why did you sleep so late?

Do you have a pet(s) if so, how many and what kind? We have a four year old spayed Calico that we adopted at a pet shelter 3 years ago and we love her to death

Extra credit:
...ok, since you asked...when we first got her she was so scared she ran into the tub and wouldn't come out...so I sat in the tub with her all night until she finally came over to me. Now, every night without fail, she jumps up on the couch and I have to rock her like the baby she is until she gets sleepy and then she runs off to bed....sure hope this doesn't harm my macho image

February 21,1842 - John J. Greenough of Washington, DC patented the sewing machine on this day...yeah, great, like I'm about to even think about using my Wife's.

satiety \suh-TY-uh-tee\, noun:
The state of being full or gratified to or beyond the point of satisfaction...is that like I am in such a state of satiety I almost wet my pants?

Today is National Sticky Bun Day...We do sticky buns here...Wife makes em from scratch

National Love your pet Day[/quote]...That's easy..we love ours 24/7 so no need for this special day...

Old 02-21-2008, 06:51 AM

1,510 posts, read 5,066,110 times
Do you have a pet(s) if so, how many and what kind?

I have 2 dogs. A Pug and a Shih Tzu.

Hmm well I was going to leave them with a pet sitter one time when I was going to travel (driving), and about a half hour into the drive, I turned back and got them cause I didnt want to leave them.

Old 02-21-2008, 06:51 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,256,282 times
Uncle Batz, you old softee, you! LOL

Four kitties. Love 'em all. It's funny - I've had about 15 cats thru my life and each one has had its own personality, from bee-itchy to sweet as pie and everything in between.

I don't know if it's something we've done "for" our cats, but we currently have the cremains of 4 of our previous pets in a special place in our house. We brought them with us wherever we move. At first, I thought that was kind of strange, but I don't any more.

Sewing machine??? Would that be somewhere near the iron???

Could I please replace the sticky bun with a cinnamon bun w/cream cheese frosting? Unless, of course, Auntie Batz wants to give me one of her home made ones. :-D

Old 02-21-2008, 06:53 AM

12,083 posts, read 38,840,284 times
We have a black Lab/boxer mix named Mojo. Even though the little bugger is 70 pounds, I have to carry it up the stairs at bedtime because he has problem controlling his back legs and I don't want him to fall down the stairs. I know he could sleep downstairs, but....

Old 02-21-2008, 07:00 AM

2,071 posts, read 12,014,209 times
2 cats, a 10 year old Tabby and a 15 year old long white cat. I call the Tabby a miniature doberman - that cat is huge, must be over 20 pounds, and he's the biggest baby.

Last edited by Paula Lynn; 02-21-2008 at 07:57 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics