Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2017, 06:57 AM

5,661 posts, read 3,545,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloven View Post
Happy Monday May 1, everybody-and welcome to QOTD.

Today’s Question:
Have you had a dental filling (or crown, etc.) fall out while you were sleeping ?
No

Have you ever lost an item down the drain (of plumbing fixture-sink, bath, toilet) ? If so, was it retrievable ?
No

Have you found forgotten items (such as receipts or coins) in your pockets (of jacket or trousers)-weeks, months, even years later ?
Yes

Which do you own/wear more of, "solids" (each piece of clothing is a single color)-
or "stripes" (clothing with multicolored patterns & designs-incl. stripes, dots, flowers, tie-dye, etc.) ?
Mixture of all

Extra Credit:
How many nights, (0—7) in an average week, do you feel like you have gotten “enough” sleep (feeling “rested” when you wake up) ?
None
Bonus:
Have you ever watched a televised “roast” (comedy event mocking a public figure) ?
Yes, I used to love the old roasts with Dean Martin and Don Rickles and that bunch

“Springfield” is a very common place-name in the U.S. Is there a “Springfield” city/town/county near you ? NO
If you reside in the USA, does your locality have an area, street, or park (public place) named “Washington” ? Yes
If you reside outside the US, do you know of a seemingly ubiquitous, frequently used & reused, place-name there ?

Just for Fun:
Have you ever been inside a yurt (or structural derivative of that design) ? Yes

LINK ---> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yurt#Western_yurts

Wishing you a merry first day of the month of May [/b][/color]
You too cloven and everyone else
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2017, 07:43 AM
bjh

60,403 posts, read 30,599,011 times
Today’s Question:
Have you had a dental filling (or crown, etc.) fall out while you were sleeping ?
Can't say I have.

Have you ever lost an item down the drain (of plumbing fixture-sink, bath, toilet) ? If so, was it retrievable ?
No.

Have you found forgotten items (such as receipts or coins) in your pockets (of jacket or trousers)-weeks, months, even years later ?
Couple times. Receipts, change, other miscellaneous.

Which do you own/wear more of, "solids" (each piece of clothing is a single color)-
or "stripes" (clothing with multicolored patterns & designs-incl. stripes, dots, flowers, tie-dye, etc.) ?
More solids.
Couple stripes.
Geometric patterns on some.
Flowers on a Hawaiian shirt, like Magnum PI. But without the Ferrari.

I don't own or wear dots, tie-dye or Hello Kitty.

Extra Credit:
How many nights, (0—7) in an average week, do you feel like you have gotten “enough” sleep (feeling “rested” when you wake up) ?
I got enough tonight which is good. Per week maybe 3-4?

Bonus:
Have you ever watched a televised “roast” (comedy event mocking a public figure) ?
Couple times.

“Springfield” is a very common place-name in the U.S. Is there a “Springfield” city/town/county near you ?
The same one in the Simpsons.

If you reside in the USA, does your locality have an area, street, or park (public place) named “Washington” ?
No doubt.

Just for Fun:
Have you ever been inside a yurt (or structural derivative of that design) ?
Nope, nor a wigwam, teepee or hogan.

Today Is:
Lei Day (Hawaii)
All I need now is the Ferrari.

Wishing you a merry first day of the month of May
And a merry, merry month of May to everyone.

Old 05-01-2017, 08:08 AM

39,165 posts, read 23,147,935 times
Lucky number 13 today.

Today’s Question:

Have you had a dental filling (or crown, etc.) fall out while you were sleeping ? No.

Have you ever lost an item down the drain (of plumbing fixture-sink, bath, toilet) ? No.

Have you found forgotten items (such as receipts or coins) in your pockets (of jacket or trousers)-weeks, months, even years later ? Yes.

or "stripes" (clothing with multicolored patterns & designs-incl. stripes, dots, flowers, tie-dye, etc.) ? Solids.

Extra Credit:
How many nights, (0—7) in an average week, do you feel like you have gotten “enough” sleep (feeling “rested” when you wake up) ? 6

Bonus:
Have you ever watched a televised “roast” (comedy event mocking a public figure) ? I've caught snippets here and there, never watched one from start to finish.

“Springfield” is a very common place-name in the U.S. Is there a “Springfield” city/town/county near you ? No.
If you reside in the USA, does your locality have an area, street, or park (public place) named “Washington” ? Not in my city, but going farther out, there is.

Just for Fun:
Have you ever been inside a yurt (or structural derivative of that design) ? No.

Have a great start to the new week (and month) ahead!

Old 05-01-2017, 08:22 AM

11,087 posts, read 17,666,903 times
Today’s Question:
Have you had a dental filling (or crown, etc.) fall out while you were sleeping ? Nope

Have you ever lost an item down the drain (of plumbing fixture-sink, bath, toilet) ? If so, was it retrievable ? Nope

Have you found forgotten items (such as receipts or coins) in your pockets (of jacket or trousers)-weeks, months, even years later ? Yup. Found a couple dollars in a jacket pocket.

or "stripes" (clothing with multicolored patterns & designs-incl. stripes, dots, flowers, tie-dye, etc.) ? I'm more solids

Extra Credit:
How many nights, (0—7) in an average week, do you feel like you have gotten “enough” sleep (feeling “rested” when you wake up) ? 5 or 6

Bonus:
Have you ever watched a televised “roast” (comedy event mocking a public figure) ? I don't any more. Used to really enjoy the ones hosted by Dean Martin a long time ago. The ones these days aren't that funny.

“Springfield” is a very common place-name in the U.S. Is there a “Springfield” city/town/county near you ? Yup. Tennessee
If you reside in the USA, does your locality have an area, street, or park (public place) named “Washington” ? Nope
If you reside outside the US, do you know of a seemingly ubiquitous, frequently used & reused, place-name there ?

Just for Fun:
Have you ever been inside a yurt (or structural derivative of that design) ? Nope, but I'd love to have one

Old 05-01-2017, 08:38 AM

31,304 posts, read 33,001,736 times
Today’s Question:
not while I was sleeping but I have had a couple come out during the day......

No.

no.... when things get lost they are lost for good around here.

More stripes

Extra Credit:
1 is about it, I always feel like I need more sleep

Bonus:
In the past but I didn't watch it the other night.

“Springfield” is a very common place-name in the U.S. Is there a “Springfield” city/town/county near you ?
I lived about 20 miles from Springfield NE years ago. Small interesting town but I wouldn't want to live there.

If you reside in the USA, does your locality have an area, street, or park (public place) named “Washington” ?
Yes we have a Washington street but I can't think of anything else.

Just for Fun:
Once years ago.

Today Is:
Lei Day (Hawaii)

Old 05-01-2017, 09:29 AM

4,052 posts, read 2,925,356 times
Today’s Question:
Have you had a dental filling (or crown, etc.) fall out while you were sleeping ? I haven't.

Have you ever lost an item down the drain (of plumbing fixture-sink, bath, toilet) ? If so, was it retrievable ? Nope.

Have you found forgotten items (such as receipts or coins) in your pockets (of jacket or trousers)-weeks, months, even years later ? Yes.

or "stripes" (clothing with multicolored patterns & designs-incl. stripes, dots, flowers, tie-dye, etc.) ? Solids.

How many nights, (0—7) in an average week, do you feel like you have gotten “enough” sleep (feeling “rested” when you wake up) ? 5-6.

Have you ever watched a televised “roast” (comedy event mocking a public figure) ? Just clips.

“Springfield” is a very common place-name in the U.S. Is there a “Springfield” city/town/county near you ? No.
If you reside in the USA, does your locality have an area, street, or park (public place) named “Washington” ? No.

Have you ever been inside a yurt (or structural derivative of that design) ? I have. My niece built one as a "gathering room" at a Backpackers Hotel they owned.

Thanks cloven and happy day everyone!

Old 05-01-2017, 09:31 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,866,613 times
[quote=cloven;48006404]Happy Monday May 1, everybody-and welcome to QOTD.

Today’s Question:
Yikes no.
Not yet.
Yes, but it's usually money.
A mix of both. I went shopping with a friend on Satyrday and she picked out a pair of pants that looked like Grandma's carpet. I tried them on for a good laugh. There was no way those pants were coming home with me. I bought six tops, all solid colors.
Extra Credit:
Zero. I usually get broken sleep. Joe woke me up off of the couch at 330am because he needed to go out. It was raining and I always go out with them to keep Howie from eating something disgusting. I picked up Joe's mess right away. Then I had to clean up the kitchen and put a load of laundry in the drier. I usually get between 4 and 6 hours of sleep a night. It's not enough.
Bonus:
Not usually but Trump's roast has been all over the media.
“Springfield” is a very common place-name in the U.S. Is there a “Springfield” city/town/county near you ? It's our capital but not close. I've never been there.
If you reside in the USA, does your locality have an area, street, or park (public place) named “Washington” ? Oh yes.

Just for Fun:
Have you ever been inside a yurt (or structural derivative of that design) ? Not yet.

Today in History:
1840: Issuing of Great Britain’s Penny Black, the world’s first flat-rate (letters weighing 1/2 oz. or less) adhesive postage stamp
1931: Official opening of NYC’s Empire State Building (world’s tallest building until 1970)
1939: Birth of singer-songwriter Judy Collins
1946: Birth of actress & activist Joanna Lumley (The New Avengers, Absolutely Fabulous)
1950: Birth of actor Dann Florek (L.A. Law, Law & Order)
1971: Amtrak begins U.S. passenger rail service operations, subsuming numerous regional carriers
1978: Naomi Uemura, traveling by dog sled, becomes first person to reach the North Pole alone
1999: Pilot episode of the Nickelodeon tv series SpongeBob SquarePants first airs

Today’s Word:
dint /dint/ :
(n.) A slight smooth dent, impression or hollow.
(vb.) To impact a mark on the surface, by striking with a weapon.
Modern use remains in the phrase “by dint of”, meaning “due to”, or “as a result of”.

Today Is:
May Day/International Workers’ Day
Stepmother’s Day
Lei Day (Hawaii)

-this week is-
National Wildflower Week
Screen-Free (Digital Detox) Week

-this month is-
Global Civility Awareness Month
National Foster Care Month
World Lyme Disease Awareness Month
American Wetlands Month
Clean Air Month
Mental Health Month
National Vinegar Month
Arthritis Awareness Month
Latino Books Month
Mystery Month
National Allergy/Asthma Awareness Month

Today’s Picture:
Entrance & exit are at top center-

Thought for the Day:
“Good, the more communicated, more abundant grows.”
-John Milton

Thanks dear one. We will catch up soon

Oh yeah I have to remember to pick up the rent check after ice skating. Ten more days and John will be 60.

Old 05-01-2017, 10:12 AM

1,906 posts, read 1,621,492 times
Mornin' all!

Today’s Question:
Not while I was sleeping, no.

I lost a dime down my bathroom sink long ago. I used that opportunity to learn how to take a drain apart and put it back together correctly. Found the dime. And the drain didn't leak when I put it back together.

Sure.

Which do you own/wear more of, "solids" (each piece of clothing is a single color)-or "stripes" (clothing with multicolored patterns & designs-incl. stripes, dots, flowers, tie-dye, etc.) ?
Hmm...I'd say solids. Although I find polka dots to be delightful!

Extra Credit:

Bonus:
Yes. I generally find them to be, what my grandmother called, "having fun in full earnest."

No.
Not sure.
N/A

Just for Fun:
No, but I would love to "try one on" to see if I could spend a lot of time in one.

Today in History:
1840: Issuing of Great Britain’s Penny Black, the world’s first flat-rate (letters weighing 1/2 oz. or less) adhesive postage stamp
1931: Official opening of NYC’s Empire State Building (world’s tallest building until 1970)
1939: Birth of singer-songwriter Judy Collins
1946: Birth of actress & activist Joanna Lumley (The New Avengers, Absolutely Fabulous) Doctor Who fans, have you seen her in the comedy fund raiser "The Curse of the Fatal Death," available on the Red Nose Day channel on YouTube? XD XD XD She's a hoot!
1950: Birth of actor Dann Florek (L.A. Law, Law & Order)
1971: Amtrak begins U.S. passenger rail service operations, subsuming numerous regional carriers
1978: Naomi Uemura, traveling by dog sled, becomes first person to reach the North Pole alone
1999: Pilot episode of the Nickelodeon tv series SpongeBob SquarePants first airs

Today’s Word:
dint /dint/ : (n.) A slight smooth dent, impression or hollow.
(vb.) To impact a mark on the surface, by striking with a weapon.
Modern use remains in the phrase “by dint of”, meaning “due to”, or “as a result of”.

Today Is:
May Day/International Workers’ Day
Stepmother’s Day
Lei Day (Hawaii)

-this week is-
National Wildflower Week
Screen-Free (Digital Detox) Week

-this month is-
Global Civility Awareness Month
National Foster Care Month
World Lyme Disease Awareness
Month American Wetlands Month
Clean Air Month
Mental Health Month
National Vinegar Month
Arthritis Awareness Month
Latino Books Month
Mystery Month
National Allergy/Asthma Awareness Month
So many good things this month!

Today’s Picture: Entrance & exit are at top center-
Always a lot of fun. Thanx cloven!

Thought for the Day:
“Good, the more communicated, more abundant grows.” -John Milton

Thanx cloven, same to you! And thanx again for the maze, and for the Qs.
Have a good Monday everyone!

Old 05-01-2017, 10:51 AM

24,655 posts, read 26,215,078 times
Today’s Question:
Nope, just when I was awake.

Yep, a few hearing aid batteries, never to be found again.

Change and slips of paper.

Pants and shorts are solid, tee shirts have a pattern on them.

Extra Credit:
3 to 5.

Bonus:
Sure have.

No

Street and elementary school.

Just for Fun:
Closest is a teepee I had.

Thanx Cloven. have a nice week.

Old 05-01-2017, 12:30 PM

7,366 posts, read 2,762,709 times
Today’s Question:
Have you had a dental filling (or crown, etc.) fall out while you were sleeping? No

Have you ever lost an item down the drain (of plumbing fixture-sink, bath, toilet) ? If so, was it retrievable? An earring down the bathroom sink drain long ago. I didn't try to retrieve it.

Have you found forgotten items (such as receipts or coins) in your pockets (of jacket or trousers)-weeks, months, even years later? No

or "stripes" (clothing with multicolored patterns & designs-incl. stripes, dots, flowers, tie-dye, etc.)? Mostly solids but I do have a couple of shirts with patterns

Extra Credit:
How many nights, (0—7) in an average week, do you feel like you have gotten “enough” sleep (feeling “rested” when you wake up)? Usually 0

Bonus:
Have you ever watched a televised “roast” (comedy event mocking a public figure)? I watched part of one many years ago; didn't care for it.

“Springfield” is a very common place-name in the U.S. Is there a “Springfield” city/town/county near you? Not that I'm aware of.
If you reside in the USA, does your locality have an area, street, or park (public place) named “Washington”? Yes, there is a Washington Street.

Just for Fun:
Have you ever been inside a yurt (or structural derivative of that design)? No

Thanks cloven. Happy Monday to one and all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics