Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2017, 06:51 PM

4,045 posts, read 1,872,609 times

Advertisements

Today’s Question:
Have you had a dental filling (or crown, etc.) fall out while you were sleeping ? Not while sleeping

Have you ever lost an item down the drain (of plumbing fixture-sink, bath, toilet) ? If so, was it retrievable ? I'm sure I have, but don't remember what.

Have you found forgotten items (such as receipts or coins) in your pockets (of jacket or trousers)-weeks, months, even years later ? Yes..... Always nice to find $$ in pockets.

Which do you own/wear more of, "solids" (each piece of clothing is a single color)-
or "stripes" (clothing with multicolored patterns & designs-incl. stripes, dots, flowers, tie-dye, etc.) ? Solids, mostly black and white.

Extra Credit:
How many nights, (0—7) in an average week, do you feel like you have gotten “enough” sleep (feeling “rested” when you wake up) ? During the school year, only on weekends.

Bonus:
Have you ever watched a televised “roast” (comedy event mocking a public figure) ? Not that I remember.

“Springfield” is a very common place-name in the U.S. Is there a “Springfield” city/town/county near you ? There is
If you reside in the USA, does your locality have an area, street, or park (public place) named “Washington” ? Don't think so. There is a Washington, NH that I've been through on the way to visit family.

Just for Fun:
Have you ever been inside a yurt (or structural derivative of that design) ? Haven't.... The tent we use at the beach is probably the closest.

LINK ---> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yurt#Western_yurts

Today’s Word:
dint /dint/ :
(n.) A slight smooth dent, impression or hollow.
(vb.) To impact a mark on the surface, by striking with a weapon.
Modern use remains in the phrase “by dint of”, meaning “due to”, or “as a result of”.

Today Is:
May Day/International Workers’ Day
Stepmother’s Day
Lei Day (Hawaii)

-this week is-
National Wildflower Week
Screen-Free (Digital Detox) Week

-this month is-
Global Civility Awareness Month
National Foster Care Month
World Lyme Disease Awareness Month
American Wetlands Month
Clean Air Month
Mental Health Month
National Vinegar Month
Arthritis Awareness Month
Latino Books Month
Mystery Month
National Allergy/Asthma Awareness Month

Today’s Picture:
Entrance & exit are at top center-

Thought for the Day:
“Good, the more communicated, more abundant grows.”
-John Milton True!

Wishing you a merry first day of the month of May You too, cloven!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2017, 08:00 PM

10,855 posts, read 6,381,692 times
Today’s Question:
Have you had a dental filling (or crown, etc.) fall out while you were sleeping ?
Not sure.
Had a filling come out a few wks. ago but it may have been while eating something crunchy & hard so I didn't catch it before it was consumed...
It was located on back side of backmost upper molar, so I didn't notice filling was missing until some time later.
Have you ever lost an item down the drain (of plumbing fixture-sink, bath, toilet) ?
Not that I can recall, though is possible.
If so, was it retrievable ? N/A
Have you found forgotten items (such as receipts or coins) in your pockets (of jacket or trousers)-weeks, months, even years later ?
Yes, often folded (unused, of course ) tissues-bc. I always worry about being caught someplace with a runny nose
Which do you own/wear more of, "solids" (each piece of clothing is a single color)-
or "stripes" (clothing with multicolored patterns & designs-incl. stripes, dots, flowers, tie-dye, etc.) ?
Solids, but have been buying more patterns lately so is closer to reaching 50/50.

Extra Credit:
How many nights, (0—7) in an average week, do you feel like you have gotten “enough” sleep (feeling “rested” when you wake up) ?
Varies from week to week (and time of year/season)...
usually at least 4 out of 7 days I feel I've gotten enough sleep, some weeks I'm lucky and it'll be like 6 or 7 even.

Bonus:
Have you ever watched a televised “roast” (comedy event mocking a public figure) ?
Yes, though mostly don't care for it, "put-down" comedy (generally) feels more mean than funny to me.
Watched a couple "White House Correspondents' Dinner" events via the internet-they're not quite the same as a roast...
I have mixed feelings.
Guess it depends on how it's done, the participants & the emotional tenor of it all.

“Springfield” is a very common place-name in the U.S. Is there a “Springfield” city/town/county near you ?
Yes, there's one further north in VT & one south in Mass.-not sure whether NH has one...
If you reside in the USA, does your locality have an area, street, or park (public place) named “Washington” ?
Yes-a street in my current town, also an avenue & a park in previous place I lived (Albany NY).
If you reside outside the US, do you know of a seemingly ubiquitous, frequently used & reused, place-name there ? N/A

Just for Fun:
Have you ever been inside a yurt (or structural derivative of that design) ?
Yes, several times-a counselor I've seen has yurt as home office.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics