Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2011, 03:28 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,260,041 times

Advertisements

And speaking of movie theaters......I remember some very ornately decorated movie theaters, the ones in the downtown areas of any large city. I felt like I was really in a high class building when I went to one of those theaters. Those were the ones that got the first run movies and were the most expensive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2011, 03:50 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,511,968 times
This website TVLand.com has (free) old classic sit coms, Like "Gun Smoke", "The Rifleman, "Hillstreet Blues" and The Beverly Hillbillies" with all their(full) episodes. +movies.
I've been watching classics on here for 5 years now. And they're always adding to it.
Watch Full Episodes of Classic & Original TV Shows Online | TV Land

Old 03-20-2011, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
This website TVLand.com has (free) old classic sit coms, Like "Gun Smoke", "The Rifleman, "Hillstreet Blues" and The Beverly Hillbillies" with all their(full) episodes. +movies.
I've been watching classics on here for 5 years now. And they're always adding to it.
Watch Full Episodes of Classic & Original TV Shows Online | TV Land
Sorry, "HillStreet Blues" and what can't be found on TVLand can be found on

Fancast | Watch Full TV Shows and Movies | Free
Online Streaming | XFINITY TV
(http://www.fancast.com - broken link) ,

Crackle - Watch Movies Online, Free TV Shows, & Original Online Series or

Hulu - Watch your favorites. Anytime. For free.
and they're all free.
Watch Hill Street Blues Online | Streaming Full Length Episodes | Video Clips | Fancast (http://www.fancast.com/tv/Hill-Street-Blues/6228/full-episodes - broken link)

I watched "Starman" on Crackle last night.

Last edited by mkfarnam; 03-20-2011 at 04:16 PM..

Old 03-20-2011, 04:21 PM
miu

17,721 posts, read 40,311,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
I remember Esso gas stations.
I'm so old... that I remember the Sinclair gas stations with the green brontosaurus dinosaur on their signs!

And I saw the Bambi and Fantasia movies as a child when they first were released.

Old 03-20-2011, 06:37 PM

987 posts, read 1,754,291 times
Talking about old movies (well more like 60's 70's - my time groiwing up, 80's), I grew up in Whittier, CA and there was an old theatre up by where I use to live, it was called Whittier Theatre, it had gorgeous decor, Hacienda style type walls, red velvet curtains allover, and it even smelled pretty old, but I'd give anything to go back in time, to go there one more time (someone above mentioned feeling sad, I know what you mean)....If anyone knows what Im talking about (probably not) then you will feel just as old as I do

Old 03-20-2011, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agnt.starling View Post
Talking about old movies (well more like 60's 70's - my time groiwing up, 80's), I grew up in Whittier, CA and there was an old theatre up by where I use to live, it was called Whittier Theatre, it had gorgeous decor, Hacienda style type walls, red velvet curtains allover, and it even smelled pretty old, but I'd give anything to go back in time, to go there one more time (someone above mentioned feeling sad, I know what you mean)....If anyone knows what Im talking about (probably not) then you will feel just as old as I do
Does "Hacienda Heights" ring a bell?

My step Son and Daughter were both born and raised in Whittier,Ca. in the 70's, & 80's.

Old 03-20-2011, 11:24 PM

44,739 posts, read 62,016,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
I'm so old... that I remember the Sinclair gas stations with the green brontosaurus dinosaur on their signs!.
Sinclair stations with the brontosaurus dinosaur are still around. We have one about a mile from us that I frequent weekly.

Old 03-21-2011, 07:45 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,260,041 times
Quote:
I lived in Whittier in the early 1980's. After I moved away, a 50's cafe opened up in Uptown Whittier--the Rocky Cola. All 50's decor and food and the waitresses wore short, red poodle skirts and saddle oxfords. I've seen 50's cafes in several places I have visited over the years.

Old 03-21-2011, 09:30 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,701,839 times
Quote:
Wow, so I'm not alone in my old age of remembering the past 20 plus years.....lol

Ok, when I was little (before the dinosaurs) kidding!!!
about 9 years old, wanting this old Charlie's Angeles portable pink radio clock w/a microphone (embarrased & blushing)
At the time they only had it at one place, Blue Chip Stamps Catalog

thats how old I am, blue chip stamps

My maiden names' Vega, so the Vega Cars that were pretty crappy...

I'm sure the rest I remember, as being old, everyone here's already posted,
but thats all I can remember, thats how old I am, can't remember anything past 2 minutes ago...
In New York we had S and H Green Stamps. I remember getting patio furniture and a doll at the redemption center.

Old 03-21-2011, 10:30 AM

6,987 posts, read 22,007,654 times
Anyone in Calif remember the TV Engineer Bill and his "Red Light and Green Light"?

He was at a Grocery store one sat where a bike was given in a drawing. We happened to be visiting my dads business a couple of doors down and my middle son went over and won that bike. Such a big thrill for him. Such good memories.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics