Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2018, 07:56 PM

3,959 posts, read 2,574,285 times

Advertisements

What's ya going do about that?

Snow SnOw snow SnOw snow SnOw it's a very fun SnOw snow SnOw snow SnOw snow Has SnOw danced across your page?? snow SnOw snow SnOw snow...
(Haha I can't tell since I just have my little screen on my smart (dumb) phone!)

I am loving the snow, if you can't tell!

I lived it up today. <Oh you did, YOU say?! >

Yes I say! Wait for it...

I sat back, ...breathed in the air... Ahhh love that...

heater warmed air! Yep I was inside! Ha I admired the huge (I mean taller that my third floor apt huge) Christmas trees on the edge of our parking lot. All covers with snow like the Christmas lights covered the family tree. Beautiful! I drank hot cocoa. Chatted on the phone with a friend For an hour. This is how winter should be like! Like when we were kids! Magnificently Fun!

Now, least you say I am taking credit when none is warranted (Since I admired the snow from afar) --I did get out. I grabbed my broom to clear the snow from my car. Braved the elements and joined the masses in battling the weather! Phew! I was done ... wait for.it....In 7.4 minutes!! (Hey, it is a very small car!) (And I will be out in the elements on Wed!)

Are you still with me ??

How are you managing the snow? Or do you have tune into the internet to read non sequitur stories like this to get your snow fix?

Do you love it like me... or are you cussing out Mother Nature?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2018, 09:25 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,886,517 times
I've got warm sunny 75 degree weather here and "no snow" yet........ I'll keep waiting but not much hope......

Old 01-16-2018, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
I've got warm sunny 75 degree weather here and "no snow" yet........ I'll keep waiting but not much hope......
Oh I feel bad for you. Real bad. Keep your chin up. You might want to find where the nearest snow is falling and take a trip.

Old 01-16-2018, 09:33 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,886,517 times
We do want that snowpack up north so when it melts we’ll have water here is the desert southwest....... without it we’d dry up and blow away…..

Old 01-16-2018, 11:57 PM

30,527 posts, read 16,226,596 times
What am I going to do? I'm going to shovel my drive. Neighbor's snow blower died and he's not getting another.

Old 01-17-2018, 12:15 AM

[quote=PAhippo;50722356]What am I going to do? I'm going to shovel my drive. Neighbor's snow blower died and he's not getting another.[/QUO

(((Hugs))) Have some hot cocoa when you finish... or something stronger. And take care of yourself.

Old 01-17-2018, 05:11 AM

126,279 posts, read 19,053,589 times
Wild Flower I love snow!
Learned skiing when very little in the Alps,went snow sledding always after school in winter and when I came to Canada I went as well regularly downhill skiing in BC/Canada. Moving later towards the east I had a few years of memorable snow and I always took my kids out for an evening sled ride or just pulling them in a sled around the neighborhood. We built snow forts and had snowball fights. Now that I am much older I still love snow and changed from downhill skiing to cross country skiing and snowshoeing. This winter has been a memorable one with its deep freeze and lovely crunchy snow.
The only peeve I have in winter is when that darn snowplow passes by and blocks entrances. On Christmas day the pile was hip deep and it took 3 men to clear the entrances. Otherwise I like shoveling snow.
I always will love snow.

Old 01-17-2018, 06:25 AM

11,087 posts, read 17,545,902 times
Here in western Kentucky we're digging out of close to 10 inches from 2 snowstorms. I worked 26 years with the state highway department plowing and salting and don't miss it a bit. I tell people I hope we get snow knee deep to a giraffe standing on his head. Make sure you tell all the folks who work to clear the roads and also the ones that keep you safe and have to do their regular job in this stuff, "Thank you!"

Old 01-17-2018, 07:26 AM

Alm- learning to ski in the Alps? Wow. Are you a Von Trapp by chance?

kygman
Thank you for your dedication to keeping everyone safe! Glad you've retired... But could you please bring the giraffe in? He's cold.

AksarbeN- I found my largest box, stuffed with snow and Fedx said you'd see it by Friday. No wait, you'd feel it by Friday!

Old 01-17-2018, 08:11 AM

27,073 posts, read 11,859,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Flower View Post
What's ya going do about that?

Snow SnOw snow SnOw snow SnOw it's a very fun SnOw snow SnOw snow SnOw snow Has SnOw danced across your page?? snow SnOw snow SnOw snow...
(Haha I can't tell since I just have my little screen on my smart (dumb) phone!)

I am loving the snow, if you can't tell!

I lived it up today. <Oh you did, YOU say?! >

Yes I say! Wait for it...

I sat back, ...breathed in the air... Ahhh love that...

heater warmed air! Yep I was inside! Ha I admired the huge (I mean taller that my third floor apt huge) Christmas trees on the edge of our parking lot. All covers with snow like the Christmas lights covered the family tree. Beautiful! I drank hot cocoa. Chatted on the phone with a friend For an hour. This is how winter should be like! Like when we were kids! Magnificently Fun!

Now, least you say I am taking credit when none is warranted (Since I admired the snow from afar) --I did get out. I grabbed my broom to clear the snow from my car. Braved the elements and joined the masses in battling the weather! Phew! I was done ... wait for.it....In 7.4 minutes!! (Hey, it is a very small car!) (And I will be out in the elements on Wed!)

Are you still with me ??

How are you managing the snow? Or do you have tune into the internet to read non sequitur stories like this to get your snow fix?

Do you love it like me... or are you cussing out Mother Nature?

I love it too...but only got 3 inches this time...in Dec it was 13...
so pretty....feeding the anxious birds and the squirrel too. Will walk a bit outside later.

Enjoy, Wild Flower!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics