Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 10:41 AM

88 posts, read 247,408 times

Advertisements

Maybe I'd be better off with the pay as you go plan,with contract your minutes don't rollover,you don't use them you lose them and I have always had lots of minutes left over minutes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2008, 10:59 AM

24,498 posts, read 26,042,042 times
My wife has a pre pay phone with AT&T and it works out great for her. I am on my daughters family plan and it works for me, but then I don't make many calls, but I get a lot of calls from fax machines. Go figure.

Old 04-01-2008, 08:53 AM

4 posts, read 4,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
As for T-mobile ~ my wife and I have had it several years now and have never had any problems with their service in town or out on the highways in other areas of the country. The best part is that I pay NOTHING monthly! Yes NOTHING! I prepay for 1000 minutes of time for $100 bucks (a year) and use the phone as long was I have minutes left, renew more minutes when needed ~ and keep on going. This is the best plan for us and it’s the cheapest. We both use less then 1000 minutes per year and the extra time rolls over to the next year when we buy more minutes after 12 months.
Does T-Mobile work in the north campus area? I'll be moving there shortly. My contract with T-Mobile expires in May and I i'm thinking of staying with them.

Old 04-01-2008, 09:03 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,905,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samas View Post
Does T-Mobile work in the north campus area? I'll be moving there shortly. My contract with T-Mobile expires in May and I i'm thinking of staying with them.

I don’t know where the north campus area is? It would be best to check online or at the T-Mobile store and ask them about coverage. For my personal use, (Phoenix area) I’ve never had a problem with a “dead” area in the metro or even out of the city in other states and areas. If I could get a signal from any carrier I could use it. My “prepay service” with T-Mobile has never failed me and it’s been the most reasonable price for the type of use that I need. I don’t talk for long periods of time, make only a few calls, and I’m a very happy customer.

Old 04-01-2008, 09:06 AM

4 posts, read 4,358 times
thanks, i'll do that

Old 04-01-2008, 11:09 AM

27,365 posts, read 27,414,874 times
Every carrier has different stuff on their prepay plan, and some are good and some are not so goo, but its prepay, so there arent that many choices. For example, Verizon prepay has that free mobile to mobile but you dont get nights and weekends anymore (they do offer that occaisionally though, you just have to sign on when that offer comes up. You also get that pre-recorded message every time you dial out "You have 100 minutes left for this call...." before it even dials out. And they dont roll over, you have to renew every month, even if you dont use all your minutes because yiu lose the extra minutes. For 70.00 you get 700 minutes, which might be okay if you have a lot of Verizon friends and utilize all other calls wisely. Im not sure what text messages cost on a Verizon phone. T Mobile charges 50.00 for 500 minutes, text messages are 25c each, incoming or outgoing, no mobile to mobile, no nights and weekends, but you pay for the minutes as you need them, whether it takes you 3 months to use up 500 minutes or 3 days, no worry about rollover minutes. You dont have to pay every month to keep it going, you pay only what you use. And you dont get that pre-recorded message every time you dial out. IM not sure if or how the other carriers work, but again, there are pros and cons with every company, just ask before you sign on.

Old 04-01-2008, 12:56 PM

4,279 posts, read 10,366,829 times
I cannot stand Tmobile! Nothing but one problem after another. They sent a collections agency after us stating that we owed x number of dollars. We have all the paperwork showing the dates etc that our phone and internet service was turned off and the last four bills with receipts of payment! Heck, we even have proof that we weren't even living in the house.

If they keep coming after us I'll be contacting a lawyer.

Old 04-01-2008, 03:10 PM

27,365 posts, read 27,414,874 times
AT&T did that to me, about 8 years ago. I was making more calls to their customer service line....calls that dropped even to them, than I was able to, make calls otherwise. I cancelled the service after about 2 months into the contract and theyre still coming after me for it. Oh well....SUE ME for breaking a contract for a carrier that you couldnt hold a conversation long enough to finish a sentence. Ive had my share of down sides with T Mobile but then, I dont know of any carrier that is completely flaw-free.

Old 04-01-2008, 06:08 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,905,197 times
Thumbs up Prepay and no contracts

Yeah ,,,, cell phone companies and “contracts” seem to always be an issue. However like I said “I don’t have any contract” just prepay and use it ~ renew another 1000 minutes for $100 and go again. For me it’s the best plan because we don’t waste time on the cell. I’ve used 700 minutes in 9 months and I’ve not spent over $100 bucks a year for the service. Both my wife and I each have our own phone and service. Best deal of any offers from any company and I found it at T-Mobile. I looked at ATT first and they wanted $10 a month for 30 minutes, every month. I like prepay and NO contracts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics