Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 04:02 PM

88 posts, read 246,955 times

Advertisements

I have been with tmobile 4yrs,presently living in NM and I have had no service for two days.I pay an average of $170.00 a month (family plan,and we never go over minutes) Now that is a lot of money! I called them and was told they have an agreement with cingular(their towers) and the problem was with them.Not my problem!!! I said I am not gonna pay this kind of money to go days without service and if it wasn't resolved I would cancell,he thought I was wrong to consider cancelling service!!!Who is crazy here?Anyone here have a cell nightmare?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2008, 04:43 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,920,292 times
Problem is that you have all your eggs in one bskt. I have a land phone, one cell phone with a number and Nextel with two numbers. All together 4 numbers and I am retired and live by myself. All together I pay less then $100.00 a month for my own security (medical) needs. You should spread your cell phones to 2 companys. Use the cards and NOT THE TWO YR CONTRACT SCHEME. Contracts are a ripoff. Your a example of the results. Consider my route, as it might be helpful for you and a lot CHEAPER. Stefhen

Old 03-29-2008, 04:55 PM

1,655 posts, read 3,397,205 times
I also have tmobile, that happens to me atleast once a month. I call it in everytime and they say "oh, there's nothing wrong here on our end", yeah ok, so it's just me. One lady even told me I might need a new phone. And then tried to sell me a $100 phone. Whatever !

Thinking back when I first signed up they were new on the scene and there were a lot less problems. Over the years that has changed.

Old 03-29-2008, 05:02 PM

Hey Steve Bagu,I was tossing this very idea in my head last night.Give up with the contract bull and get one of these pay as you go things and a land phone.My girlfriend lives in NY and through her cable company she has cable,internet and unlimited long distant phone service for $100.00 a mo. I am planning on moving to WV in a few months from NM and was gonna make changes then,don't want to get a land phone at this point.Just my luck!

Old 03-29-2008, 05:09 PM

27,337 posts, read 27,387,014 times
I've had T Mobile forever (6 years) and have no serious, ongoing problems. Sure, they are going to have their share of 'no service' areas, or other technical issues, but who doesnt? Sometimes the phone one buys too, makes a difference. You pick out a 69.00 phone and do you REALLY think its going to work out as good as one thats been put together with a little more value? The built-in antennas come in various strengths. (So Ive been told, by a Verizon place). But remembering where you live, the plan you signed up for, etc, makes a difference. Not to impune your post but again, I dont really care much for companiesthat merge (mix n match).

Old 03-29-2008, 05:33 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,920,292 times
I have my PHONES and the Internet. Having the Internet ( E-Mails) has cut down on my long distance calls to my sons. Makes sense to me. NO need to shoot the bull for a long time over NOTHINGS. Remember that it is cheaper to activate a card before time expires so as not to lose any credits $$$, as your balance will remain. Stefhen

Old 03-29-2008, 06:04 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,654,459 times
If you plan on moving to West Virginia, I might suggest that you find out which one of the cell phone carriers works best in that area, you're going to be in a lot of mountainous areas and some cell phones don't work in those areas. I have Sprint which also owns Nextel and the phone that I have has both systems built into it, if I can't reach my wife on the cell phone I can always get her on the Nextel walkie-talkie system.

Old 03-29-2008, 07:02 PM

Isn't it amazing how years ago there were no phones,let alone cell phones or the internet,How did they ever manage!!

Old 03-29-2008, 08:09 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,654,459 times
Yeah, I remember when we had to use smoke signals to communicate.....

Old 03-29-2008, 10:46 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,872,345 times
Thumbs up T-Mobile

I have heard that cell phone companies will try and make a better offer to keep your business if you say that you’re going to take it elsewhere. So if you visit the mall or one of their stores you might talk about it with them (not over the phone however).

As for T-mobile ~ my wife and I have had it several years now and have never had any problems with their service in town or out on the highways in other areas of the country. The best part is that I pay NOTHING monthly! Yes NOTHING! I prepay for 1000 minutes of time for $100 bucks (a year) and use the phone as long was I have minutes left, renew more minutes when needed ~ and keep on going. This is the best plan for us and it’s the cheapest. We both use less then 1000 minutes per year and the extra time rolls over to the next year when we buy more minutes after 12 months.

We use a landline at the house for all the calls when at home and the basic monthly fee is under $20 a month. Nothing could be better.

We like T-Mobile and Qwest no problems!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics