Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2022, 10:22 AM

6,854 posts, read 4,853,645 times

Advertisements

No to everything except question number ten. Then what comes to mind is.... They should be keeping a lot more of them back. And for the non PC part....if parents can't help their kids with school work they shouldn't be adding to the gene pool.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2022, 11:26 AM

24,452 posts, read 25,987,852 times
1. Do you ever create noise in your house, like turning on TV just because it is too quiet and spooky??
No

2. When you order food, is there anything you "pick off" and either discard, or save for later"
No

3. Could you identify jello flavors, if blind-folded?
Haven't had Jello in years do probably not.

4. A) Bill and Ted, B) Beavis and Butthead, C) Dumb and Dumber?
Laurel and Hardy.

5. Were you ever seriously spanked as a child?
Yes

6. Subtract your lowest-ever adult weight from your highest. How much difference?
40 + or -?

7. Did you ever drive a Right-hand-drive car in a Keep-left country? How was it?
No

8. What's your everyday (week, month, year) brand of beer? Splurge brand? Light?
Modelo Negra or Pacifico

9. All-time ever TV news anchorperson?
Walter Cronkite for the win.

10. What word first comes to mind to classify pupils who have to repeat a grade? Is your word politically correct?
Failed, politically correct?

Thanx arr430. Good Q's.

Boo

Old 10-31-2022, 11:28 AM

44,348 posts, read 20,051,946 times
1. Do you ever create noise in your house, like turning on TV just because it is too quiet and spooky?? I like white noise, but not because I'm spooked when it's quiet. I have persistent tinnitis in one ear, and white noise helps to drown it out so I don't go crazy. I almost always have the TV, radio or white noise machine one when I'm home.

2. When you order food, is there anything you "pick off" and either discard, or save for later" Only raw onions if I forget to tell the server to have the kitchen leave them off.

3. Could you identify jello flavors, if blind-folded? Sure. But I don't like Jello, so I won't be putting that claim to the test anytime soon.

4. A) Bill and Ted, B) Beavis and Butthead, C) Dumb and Dumber? I've never seen any of those.

5. Were you ever seriously spanked as a child? Spanked, yes. Seriously, no. A few swats with the hand or the cupped end of a wooden spoon. Frankly, whatever bad (aka fun) thing I'd done to earn the spanking was worth it.

6. Subtract your lowest-ever adult weight from your highest. How much difference?

7. Did you ever drive a Right-hand-drive car in a Keep-left country? No. I've ridden in them, but would never attempt to drive in them. I'd be too nervous! How was it? N/A

8. What's your everyday (week, month, year) brand of beer? Splurge brand? Light? It's extremely rare for me to buy beer. If I did buy a 6-pack to take home, I guess it would be Modelo Negra or Leinenkugel's Dark Lager.

9. All-time ever TV news anchorperson? I don't know. Maybe NBC's Tom Brokaw.

10. What word first comes to mind to classify pupils who have to repeat a grade? Is your word politically correct? It would never occur to me to classify a child because they had to repeat a grade.

Boo Boo to you, too!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 10-31-2022, 06:36 PM

424 posts, read 159,632 times
1. Do you ever create noise in your house, like turning on TV just because it is too quiet and spooky??
I do. I sleep with my ceiling fan, a floor fan and my TV on. xD

2. When you order food, is there anything you "pick off" and either discard, or save for later"

If there's anything on it that I don't want than I'm not likely to eat it at all.

I don't think so.

Not very familiar with any of these.

I believe was spanked, but I don't know what "seriously" means in this context.

Oh dear. We don't talk about my weight right now.

7. Did you ever drive a Right-hand-drive car in a Keep-left country? How was it?
I don't drive and I have never been outside of the US.

8. What's your everyday (week, month, year) brand of beer? Splurge brand? Light?
I don't drink alcohol.

We have a local weatherman named Travis Meyer. I will miss him when I move.

10. What word first comes to mind to classify pupils who have to repeat a grade? Is your word politically correct?
Super senior.

Old 10-31-2022, 08:21 PM
bjh

60,055 posts, read 30,375,811 times
Not for that reason.
Cilantro. Tastes like soap to me. Yes, I'm one of those lucky ones.
Yes.
n/a
Yes.
80. I so-called "carried it well".
Nope.
Root beer
n/a
If you mean kids who were considered slow were called retarded. That became non-PC later on. Not the same as repeating a year tho.
Boo
Back atcha.

Old 10-31-2022, 08:50 PM

1,846 posts, read 831,483 times
1. Do you ever create noise in your house, like turning on TV just because it is too quiet and spooky?? No, but I would start turning the lights on.

2. When you order food, is there anything you "pick off" and either discard, or save for later" Pickles, pepperoni, some times tomatoes

3. Could you identify jello flavors, if blind-folded? Most of them.

4. A) Bill and Ted, B) Beavis and Butthead, C) Dumb and Dumber? 1. Beavis/Butthead (actually funny) 2. Bill/Ted 3. Dumb/Dumber (an annoyance).

5. Were you ever seriously spanked as a child? Probably

6. Subtract your lowest-ever adult weight from your highest. How much difference? 20 pounds. Lost 65 in one summer when I was 15 and put it all back on +5 the falling year before losing it all again.

7. Did you ever drive a Right-hand-drive car in a Keep-left country? How was it? Never had a major mess up, but occasionally went on the wrong side. Had a couple of occasions where I drove on the wrong side even back in the US. It takes a couple of second sometimes.

8. What's your everyday (week, month, year) brand of beer? Splurge brand? Light? Not a drinker. Honestly the well known brands all sort of taste the same.

9. All-time ever TV news anchorperson? Never had a favorite. I do tend to like the weather person the most and have a few anchors that are a "change the channel" when they come on.

10. What word first comes to mind to classify pupils who have to repeat a grade? Is your word politically correct? Flunkies. I don't think so.

Old 11-01-2022, 04:02 PM

61,660 posts, read 87,041,175 times
Questions, Oct 31, '22

No. I like it very quiet.

I never order food.

Main flavors

With a serious face, and a serious talk, but not abusive pain. Rather a slap or two on my behind.

My weight is constant since I left HS. Probably less than 10 lb. I am slender build and would still fit in my HS clothes

No.

Some European brands. Light beer.

I don't watch news.

Never thought about it.

Boo

Boo back to you!

Old 11-04-2022, 06:52 PM

7,487 posts, read 8,001,860 times
Has happened

I make them pick off the unwanted items before I get it.

Probably lemon and cherry

They all suck

No

More than I want

Never have

Any that are cheap

Bill Murry and Jane Curtin of Saturday Night Live

My first word was so non-politically correct that I have to refrain from typing it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics