Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2022, 06:43 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,294,953 times

Advertisements

Good morning, PegE and thank you!

Have you received any paper catalogs this season and which ones? Plow and Hearth, Duluth, Chicos, I believe - oh and Soft Surroundings.

Who do you think deserves a pat on the back? All the various delivery drivers, especially this season. Hated to hear about the little girl getting killed by the FedEx guy though.

Have you given or received a cash reward and what for? I got a big cash payout one year for reaching a big goal.

It seems like there are so many enjoyable things that can be bad for you. What pleasures are at least neutral or even good for you? I love to wallow around in the bed in the morning. I think that's OK! LOL

What are your fave sauces? Bearnaise or however you spell it, hatch chili queso or other sauces with hatch green chilis in them. Red eye gravy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2022, 07:37 AM

11,087 posts, read 17,620,392 times
This time a year ago, here in Mayfield, Ky., started just like any other day. Then, at 9:20 PM, a tornado just about wiped the town off the map. We were OK, but still had a rough time with it.

Have you received any paper catalogs this season and which ones? I think we did, but they go straight to the trash

Who do you think deserves a pat on the back? First responders and volunteers working during and after the tornado

Have you given or received a cash reward and what for? Nope

It seems like there are so many enjoyable things that can be bad for you. What pleasures are at least neutral or even good for you? Sometimes, just a ride through the countryside is a nice getaway. My wife calls it my "me" time.

What are your fave sauces? There's a Country Bob's All Purpose Sauce that I use on everything. Tastes a little like Worcestershire sauce.

Old 12-10-2022, 08:14 AM

7,400 posts, read 5,514,753 times
Have you received any paper catalogs this season and which ones? Only one or two, for cheap things and gifts.

Who do you think deserves a pat on the back? Sure

Have you given or received a cash reward and what for? When I worked we got a $50 bill at Christmas.

It seems like there are so many enjoyable things that can be bad for you. What pleasures are at least neutral or even good for you? Walking outside or inside at the gym track if the weather is bad.

What are your fave sauces? Cheese. Soy sauce. Bernaise. Ranch dressing for a dipping sauce for my chicken strips.

Old 12-10-2022, 10:39 AM

24,574 posts, read 26,133,940 times
Have you received any paper catalogs this season and which ones?
Toscano, SW indian Foundation, LTD Commodities, Harry and Dave.

Who do you think deserves a pat on the back?
First responders, customs and border protection, medical, hospice and care workers,

Have you given or received a cash reward and what for?
No

It seems like there are so many enjoyable things that can be bad for you. What pleasures are at least neutral or even good for you?
A long road trip that has no particular destination in mind.

What are your fave sauces?
Tomatoe, sriracha sauce, soy sauce, tarter sauce, spicy buffalo wing sauce, Pace picante salsa.

Thanx PegE, cool Q's.

Old 12-10-2022, 11:07 AM

6,964 posts, read 4,973,951 times
Received about four catalogs. Ordered from the one from Vermont Country Store.

Anyone that works with the public deserves a pat on the back. Well, maybe not all....but many do.

Neutral or good for you - yoga, skiing, dance aerobics, board games, taking a walk or hike...the list is endless!

All sauces are not created equal. One bbq sauce is good and another might be awful. Same for pasta sauces. Butter chicken sauce from my favorite Indian restaurant is the best!

Old 12-10-2022, 02:32 PM
bjh

60,274 posts, read 30,516,731 times
Just a couple. One was from Swiss Colony. I didn't know they were still around.
Besides me? Everyone who doesn't cause problems for others or does a good deed every so often.
At work.
It seems like there are so many enjoyable things that can be bad for you. What pleasures are at least neutral or even good for you?
Surfing the net. Pets. Reading. Walking.
Italian type tomato sauces, barbecue sauce, Chinese stir fry sauces.

Thanks, PegE!

Old 12-10-2022, 06:02 PM

1,407 posts, read 636,037 times
Good evening.

Have you received any paper catalogs this season and which ones? …………….Amongst the numerous ones, LL Bean, Lands End, Frontgate, Vermont Country Store, Hammemer Schlamer{I think it’s spelled that way} a couple of the steaks ones, etc., etc., etc.

Who do you think deserves a pat on the back? ……………My wife, but not today {grrrrrrr}

Have you given or received a cash reward and what for? ……………Received 2K for buying a generator thru Costco. Likely cause we had to wait more than 6 months for it due to COVID. Anyway it was a pleasant surprise.

It seems like there are so many enjoyable things that can be bad for you. What pleasures are at least neutral or even good for you? …………Fruits, especially mangos, bananas, pears, apples and figs.

What are your fave sauces? ……………..White Alfredo sauce with bits of salmon or Arctic Char

THX!

Have a fun Sunday everyone :0}

Old 12-11-2022, 05:50 AM

62,093 posts, read 87,829,074 times

None. Perhaps because I didn't order anything from them.

Anyone who is still kind and thoughtful of others.

Small amounts on reward apps. Bonuses at work. Cash rewards from credit cards and Costco. Reward for a patent counts as cash rewards?

Reading, travelling, driving, mindful conversation, friends visit, taking pictures of interesting things, my few hobbies... Being back in my home country.

Anything mushroom...

Thank you, PegE.

Last edited by elnina; 12-11-2022 at 06:24 AM..

Old 12-16-2022, 06:52 PM

7,487 posts, read 8,024,499 times
Zero, zip, nada.

My sister

Does finding a fifty-dollar bill on the ground count?

Stinky cheese and cheap beer

Soy sauce, Hinze 57
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics