Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2022, 09:37 PM

12,385 posts, read 2,976,868 times

Advertisements

Have you received any paper catalogs this season and which ones?

Who do you think deserves a pat on the back?

Have you given or received a cash reward and what for?

It seems like there are so many enjoyable things that can be bad for you. What pleasures are at least neutral or even good for you?

What are your fave sauces?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2022, 10:28 PM

21,555 posts, read 8,737,989 times
How much time have you got? I'd say at least 20 so far.

Anyone who works in the healthcare industry.

No, I don't think so.
t seems like there are so many enjoyable things that can be bad for you. What pleasures are at least neutral or even good for you?
Walking in a forest or on the beach.
Listening to beautiful music.
Reading a good book.
Laughing at Mr. Bay's witty remarks.
Smelling the flowers.

Hollandaise sauce
Chili sauce
Bolognese sauce

Thanks, PegE!

Old 12-09-2022, 10:35 PM

5,743 posts, read 3,611,788 times
----- no

------- People of Somaliland, quietly setting an unseen example for the world.

------ Yes, journalism.

It seems like there are so many enjoyable things that can be bad for you. What pleasures are at least neutral or even good for you?

----- Wat Duro, Ethiopian

Old 12-09-2022, 10:41 PM

44,642 posts, read 61,669,787 times
Have you received any paper catalogs this season and which ones? Zero so far.

Who do you think deserves a pat on the back? Those that help others in a positive way.

Have you given or received a cash reward and what for? I've given cash bonuses for various reasons for various services.

It seems like there are so many enjoyable things that can be bad for you. What pleasures are at least neutral or even good for you? Being with the Mrs and family are the most special. Used to be traveling through scenic areas around the country. Then there's those crossword puzzles.

What are your fave sauces? Spaghetti sauces.

Old 12-09-2022, 11:18 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,045,420 times
Have you received any paper catalogs this season and which ones? I don't remember because I threw them right in the trash can next to the mailboxes, unread.

Who do you think deserves a pat on the back? The US Border Patrol.

Have you given or received a cash reward and what for? No rewards, just cash awards at work. The biggest was $2500 for a report I wrote for an executive committee but I don't remember the subject of the report. It was in the early 1990s or late 1980s.

It seems like there are so many enjoyable things that can be bad for you. What pleasures are at least neutral or even good for you? I enjoy unexpected photo opportunities, driving in rural areas, listening to music in my car on long drives and before I go to sleep every night, computer updates that work the first time (that one is my favorite because it's so rare), getting something I dislike done ahead of schedule because I'm a procrastinator, being around competition, learning new things.

What are your fave sauces? tomato, pork gravy

Old 12-10-2022, 12:43 AM

11,377 posts, read 9,295,139 times
Have you received any paper catalogs this season and which ones? - No.

Who do you think deserves a pat on the back? - Mod cut.

Have you given or received a cash reward and what for? - Does my end of year bonus count? When I was notified the owner called it a "Christmas bonus." Okay, I don't celebrate the upcoming holiday but whatever. Even though I have only been working this part-time job for less than 3 months I think I deserved it.

It seems like there are so many enjoyable things that can be bad for you. What pleasures are at least neutral or even good for you? -- Drink. More. Water!

What are your fave sauces? - The only two I have had recently and in recent years are marinara and barbecue. I seldom have either.

Thanks, PegE!

Last edited by PJSaturn; 12-10-2022 at 08:48 AM.. Reason: Political.

Old 12-10-2022, 02:45 AM

14,786 posts, read 8,126,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PegE View Post
Way too many! I remember seeing Swiss Colony and Harry and David amongst them, I just throw them all out!
All the doctors, nurses, police, firemen and EMS people
No, I don't think so - well maybe at work a long time ago
A walk in the park, a drive through the country
Pasta sauce, barbecue sauce and tartar sauce

Old 12-10-2022, 05:15 AM

7,992 posts, read 5,395,551 times
Good Morning

Have you received any paper catalogs this season and which ones? oh my gosh--I get at least three a day, toss them immediately.

Who do you think deserves a pat on the back? Caregivers, Janitors, Sanitation workers

Have you given or received a cash reward and what for? Holiday bonus

Traveling
taking a hike
baking
binge-watching a Series

What are your fave sauces? Marinara, gravy

Happy Saturday...

Old 12-10-2022, 05:17 AM

899 posts, read 673,713 times
Random quote of the day: When you're retired, the week is six Saturdays and a Sunday. ~tee shirt

Quote:
I don't think so, but we moved this year so a lot of fourth class mail isn't forwarded to us etc.

I'm substitute teaching and the inclusion teacher I work with is great. I'll be getting her a gift card for Christmas.

Like, for finding a cat or something? No, I don't think so.

Riding a bike for exercise. Photography. Surfing the web. Catching up on reruns of favorite shows you didn't know your services have, e.g. Frasier on Hulu.

What are your fave sauces?Tikka masala, butter masala, curries...marinara, alfredo...salsas, of course, and sriracha and hoisin...too many to list, I guess

Old 12-10-2022, 06:17 AM

126,292 posts, read 19,077,769 times
Quote:
Have you received any paper catalogs this season and which ones? ...........None

Who do you think deserves a pat on the back? ..........Teachers,nurses,caregivers and many more

Have you given or received a cash reward and what for? ........No

It seems like there are so many enjoyable things that can be bad for you. What pleasures are at least neutral or even good for you? .............Going for walks outside,gardening and cycling or any type of sport/exercise

What are your fave sauces?...........Dijon mustard sauce,tomato based,curry sauces

Thank you Peg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics