Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2022, 03:45 AM

16,904 posts, read 16,127,347 times

Advertisements

You know what? I'm thinking I'd like a square skillet, too.

~ How do people that live on a steep or sloped area go for a walk?
("walkies" for dearest Evelyn!)

~ M&ms...plain or peanut and your preferred colors in order:

~ Things that are doubtfully truly in the oceans and other bodies
of water:

~ Would YOU ever want to go anywhere in space?

~ Are you more of a 'stay in the lodge' person or are you a ski down the
slopes person'?

~ If you are a cell phone owner do you keep it set on vibrate or do
ridiculous sounds start playing loudly when stuff happens on it?

~ Do you ever spray anything into the air inside your home?

~ Have you ever purchased the 'non-stick' aluminum foil?

~ Books that you needed to read when you were in school:

**** Hang in there, special ones! Cheers to you all! ****
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2022, 04:31 AM

14,775 posts, read 8,109,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
Which kind are you looking at?

Very carefully...
I like both, but prefer plain....have no color preference though.
of water:

Not really, not anymore.....would have loved to when I was younger though.
I loved playing and pretending I was an astronaut back then! And watching the Apollo missions.

slopes person'?
Definitely a stay in the lodge, sitting by the fireplace with a cup of hot chocolate and a book....
I am a Klutz, I would totally kill myself trying to ski down a Mountain!!!!
(I have been in Aspen and Colorado Springs in January before and the atmosphere is amazing though!)

Honestly don't pay a lot of attention to it one way or the other...I like paying with my cell phone while out and about, and not having to drag out a credit or debit card, and catching up with emails, etc when I am away from the computer. I don't really enjoy texting much, but I guess it's a necessary evil. I prefer depositing checks on my phone as opposed to having to go to the bank....I don't put it on vibrate though, because I am hardly ever near my phone!
Never....I have asthma and allergies.

I have....just buy the regular though.... a little drop of olive oil spread out, or a dash of pam, makes regular foil non-stick.
Good heavens......that was eons ago, I don't really recall!

Thanks Roosty!

Last edited by Crazee Cat Lady; 12-16-2022 at 05:17 AM..

Old 12-16-2022, 06:20 AM

11,369 posts, read 9,284,230 times
- I've been to SF 3 times. I'd seek out not so steep streets / areas. I've been mountain hiking in that vicinity. There are trails that are not so bad...

~ M&ms...plain or peanut and your preferred colors in order: - Can't do the color thing but I like plain and caramel the best.

~ Things that are doubtfully truly in the oceans and other bodies of water: - No answer.

~ Would YOU ever want to go anywhere in space? - No interest.

~ Are you more of a 'stay in the lodge' person or are you a ski down the slopes person'? - Never been skiing and no interest now at my age.

~ If you are a cell phone owner do you keep it set on vibrate or do ridiculous sounds start playing loudly when stuff happens on it? - The regular ring tone does not bother me. It rarely rings and I only seldom use it.

~ Do you ever spray anything into the air inside your home? - Never. I have a small window...

~ Have you ever purchased the 'non-stick' aluminum foil? - Yes. I have 3 different types of foil and that is one of them. It works well when I need it.

~ Books that you needed to read when you were in school: - No answer.

Old 12-16-2022, 06:22 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
Good morning, rainroosty and thank you!

("walkies" for dearest Evelyn!) My daughter lived in a very hilly place in Germany. It was just a lot of huffing and puffing!

~ M&ms...plain or peanut and your preferred colors in order: Peanut and I don't have any preferred colors.

of water: Loch Ness Monster?

~ Would YOU ever want to go anywhere in space? No thanks. I haven't explored enough down here yet.

slopes person'? Give me a big fire and a mug of hot chocolate and I'm good to go. Oh, a cute sweater is also helpful.

ridiculous sounds start playing loudly when stuff happens on it? I keep it on silent at work and most other places.

~ Do you ever spray anything into the air inside your home? Sure, why not? I just sprayed some Febreeze on my area rug in fact.

~ Have you ever purchased the 'non-stick' aluminum foil? Not to my knowledge.

~ Books that you needed to read when you were in school: The Odysey or however you spell it. Grapes of Wrath. James and the Giant Peach. Atlas Shrugged. Just a few off the top of my head.

Old 12-16-2022, 06:35 AM

2,289 posts, read 1,433,079 times

Don’t know. I’ve always lived in a flat region.

Almond, peanut butter.

of water:

Things that trigger my submechanophobia.

I’d say no, but who knows.

slopes person'?

I’ve never worn a pair of skis and I’d probably freeze to death so I guess stay inside.

I keep it silent when it needs to be.

No.

I think so.

To Kill a Mockingbird. I remember 12 Angry Men, but I can’t remember if we read the book or just watched the movie. Either way, that one was boring. Can’t remember others right now.

Old 12-16-2022, 07:42 AM

7,367 posts, read 5,482,511 times

~ How do people that live on a steep or sloped area go for a walk? Very carefully

~ M&ms...plain or peanut and your preferred colors in order: peanut. Colors don’t materialize to me they all taste the same.

of water: fish, seaweed, coral.

~ Would YOU ever want to go anywhere in space? No

slopes person'? Ski

ridiculous sounds start playing loudly when stuff happens on it? Ring tone unless I’m somewhere where you don’t want your phone to ring, then I put it on vibrate.

~ Do you ever spray anything into the air inside your home? Yes, in the bathroom

~ Have you ever purchased the 'non-stick' aluminum foil? No

~ Books that you needed to read when you were in school: in high school I read Carrie, Go Ask Alice, The Bell Jar.

**** Hang in there, special ones! Cheers to you all! **** thank you!

Old 12-16-2022, 07:48 AM

126,274 posts, read 19,048,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post

~ How do people that live on a steep or sloped area go for a walk? I love hiking/walking in alpine terrain or hilly areas

~ M&ms...plain or peanut and your preferred colors in order: I used to like them both in my youth and my favorite colors were red,blue and green

of water: Mermaids

~ Would YOU ever want to go anywhere in space? Noooo thank youuuu

slopes person'? Skiing all the way!

ridiculous sounds start playing loudly when stuff happens on it? I have customized notifications

~ Do you ever spray anything into the air inside your home? No,instead I open windows for fresh air

~ Have you ever purchased the 'non-stick' aluminum foil? No

~ Books that you needed to read when you were in school: A variety of Shakespeare books,To Kill a Mockingbird,Lord of the Flies,Wuthering Heights.....

Thank you roosty

Old 12-16-2022, 08:09 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,576 posts, read 81,186,228 times
("walkies" for dearest Evelyn!) We used to live on a pretty steeply sloped lot, but once you walked up to the sidewalk, the street was level.

~ M&ms...plain or peanut and your preferred colors in order: Both, also caramel and peanut butter. Favorite color is brown, then green, yellow, and last red.

of water: Sirens

~ Would YOU ever want to go anywhere in space? No thanks.

slopes person'? Ski down the slope!

ridiculous sounds start playing loudly when stuff happens on it? Mostly on sound, but will silence it if in a public place.

~ Do you ever spray anything into the air inside your home? Sometimes Febreze.

~ Have you ever purchased the 'non-stick' aluminum foil? Yes, and it doesn't work, better than regular but stuff still sticks.

~ Books that you needed to read when you were in school: Never had to read any, always chose them, except for college, and those were technical books. The only one I remember as a kid was Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka.

Old 12-16-2022, 08:21 AM

61,711 posts, read 87,123,005 times

Oh, yeah - they are as good as the round ones.

They exercise more.

It's a while a had any. Don't even remember.

~ Things that are doubtfully truly in the oceans and other bodies of water:

Human made trash

I would love that!!

~ Are you more of a 'stay in the lodge' person or are you a ski down the slopes person'?

Stay in a lodge, go for walks, explore surroundings. Maybe some careful skiing, on flat surfaces...lol

~ If you are a cell phone owner do you keep it set on vibrate or do ridiculous sounds start playing loudly when stuff happens on it?

I don't keep it on vibrate, but i don't have ridiculous sounds. Just old fashioned ring, fairly muted.

No. My home is clean. Scents irritate me.

Never heard of it.

All required classics and books from Nobel Price recipients. Some historic books too.

Thank you, roosty! Have a memorable Christmas!!

Old 12-16-2022, 09:16 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times

~ How do people that live on a steep or sloped area go for a walk? ("walkies" for dearest Evelyn!) I can tell you that it's harder to walk down a slope or ramp than walk up one. Always think I'm going to hurtle when I walk down and end up falling.

~ M&ms...plain or peanut and your preferred colors in order: Plain, all colors taste the same to me.

~ Things that are doubtfully truly in the oceans and other bodies of water: Fish and plants that are good for you to eat is doubtful to me. They swim or grow in a toilet bowl: Little kids, surfers, water creatures and boaters pee in it. Drunk boaters puke in it. Swimmers and waders slathered in suntan oil and lotion swim and cavort in it. Sea creatures have sex in it. Murderers and the Navies around the world throw dead bodies into it. Ships and their fuel spill in it when they run aground or sink. Bad companies throw chemicals in it. Filthy people around the world and animals bathe in it. Governments test weapons over it. Birds in flight poop in it. AND, I don't even remember how The Creature From The Black Lagoon ends. So, go ahead and tell me how good it is to eat seafood. I'm not buying it. I've seen fish with boils on their skin (near nuclear power plants, I might add).

~ Would YOU ever want to go anywhere in space? Yes, but not the way we travel there, now. I would have to live with people a long time in a very small space and the last thing I'd want to end up with is bone loss which will happen on long space trips.

~ Are you more of a 'stay in the lodge' person or are you a ski down the slopes person'? I'm more of a "not even go" person. I'm wobbly on legs. Don't need skis to fall down and chit chat in some lodge doesn't appeal to me.

~ If you are a cell phone owner do you keep it set on vibrate or do ridiculous sounds start playing loudly when stuff happens on it? I mostly keep my phone turned off unless I need to make an outgoing call or expect a call from someone. When I turn it on all sorts of sounds, play.

~ Do you ever spray anything into the air inside your home? Yup. Febreze Air: Fresh Cut Pine.

~ Have you ever purchased the 'non-stick' aluminum foil? No. I don't use aluminum foil but non-stick sounds good.

~ Books that you needed to read when you were in school: Egads. This doesn't include short stories in a text book. I'll give you 20 books and stop there: The Crucible, Billy Budd, Moby Dick, Fahrenheit 451, Lord of The Flies, Black Like Me, Hiroshima, The Old Man and The Sea, Othello, The Red Badge of Courage, Animal Farm, 1984, Julius Caesar, All Quiet on The Western Front, One Day In The Life of Ivan Denisovich, The Prince, Oedipus Rex, Ethan Frome, The Scarlet Letter, The Glass Menagerie and The Bridge Of San Luis Rey. Some are plays in book form.

Last edited by LauraC; 12-16-2022 at 09:42 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics