Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2023, 07:59 PM

7,487 posts, read 8,016,855 times

Advertisements

Greetings. I actually got something done today. I started working on my list of things I am not going to do this summer.

Sunday's Questions:

Is there a movie or play or concert you want to see this summer?

Have you ever attended a concert that was held in a baseball or football stadium?

If you had to pick one over the other, would you rather be a Campground host for the summer, or a roadie for a band on tour?

Do you attend state fairs?

Would you volunteer to be a judge at a chili cook-off?

Ever eat turkey that was deep-fried?

Well, I have to go buy some more paper for my list of things I am not doing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2023, 08:04 PM
bjh

60,147 posts, read 30,473,135 times
Greetings. I actually got something done today. I started working on my list of things I am not going to do this summer.
Progress just feels right, don't it?

Sunday's Questions:
Nope.
Have you ever attended a concert that was held in a baseball or football stadium?
Not that I can think of. Only marching band performances.
If you had to pick one over the other, would you rather be a Campground host for the summer, or a roadie for a band on tour?
Roadie.
Yep.
Maybe. I'd rather judge BBQ or pizza.
Not yet.

Good luck with that.

Old 06-03-2023, 08:29 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,591,931 times
Sunday's Questions:

Is there a movie or play or concert you want to see this summer? Not really. If there's a good one I'll just wait till it's on roku in a few months

Have you ever attended a concert that was held in a baseball or football stadium? Yup. America and John Sebastian

If you had to pick one over the other, would you rather be a Campground host for the summer, or a roadie for a band on tour? Campground host

Do you attend state fairs? Nope

Would you volunteer to be a judge at a chili cook-off? Nope

Ever eat turkey that was deep-fried? Love it!! Would rather have it that way

Old 06-03-2023, 08:31 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,811,145 times
LOL, literally.

Sunday's Questions:

I want to go to a lot of things but I can't for several reasons. I wanted to see one play in particular though, it was the Alanis Morrisette musical, Jagged Little Pill. I missed it because it was in May.

Uh, not really sure. Things are kind of a blur from my concert going days.

There is no competition there, definitely a roadie.

nope, they aren't too good and I'm too old. I'd rather stay home and watch golf.

Sure. Who doesn't love chili? And I have a very discerning palate.

Yeah it's ok, but I still like the traditional roasted turkey. And smoked, yuck.

LOL

Last edited by Northsouth; 06-03-2023 at 08:44 PM..

Old 06-03-2023, 08:37 PM

37,806 posts, read 41,094,709 times

Sunday's Questions:

Is there a movie or play or concert you want to see this summer? Well, I'd love to see Ed Sheeran in concert but I can't physically handle concert venues anymore because of all of the walking and stairs. No plays. The movie I would like to see is Oppenheimer. I'll wait until it comes to TV. I read a really good book about him.

Have you ever attended a concert that was held in a baseball or football stadium? Rolling Stones in Landover, MD where the Washington Redskins (don't remember their current name) play or played at the time. They call it a Washington DC concert but the stadium is/was physically in Maryland. Bruce Springsteen at some Virginia stadium. The concert was when Johnny Cash died. I remember being impressed that the band performed a Cash song flawlessly when they obviously had little or no time to rehearse it. The concert was mostly songs from The Rising and since I owned the album CD and knew all of the songs about September 11 on that album and since Virginia (because of the Pentagon) and me being from NY, I really liked the concert...until he started to lecture the crowd from the stage and was booed but the music part was great.

If you had to pick one over the other, would you rather be a Campground host for the summer, or a roadie for a band on tour? I'm too old to do either but if I was younger, I'd...hmmm...still rather do neither job.

Do you attend state fairs? No. They have them, usually, when the kids are home from school, meaning the summer. Don't feel like walking around in the heat BUT the Iowa State Fair sounds great. I always wanted to try their pork chops on a stick and other food.

Would you volunteer to be a judge at a chili cook-off? I'd volunteer to judge food but not qualified to judge chili since I haven't had it.

Ever eat turkey that was deep-fried? No, but I would try try it.

Old 06-03-2023, 08:41 PM

3,184 posts, read 1,044,498 times
No.
No.
First option.
No.
No.
Yes.

Thanks. Have a nice Sunday.

Old 06-03-2023, 08:56 PM

5,743 posts, read 3,628,612 times
..... no

..... I saw The Oak Ridge Boys sing the national anthem

.... camp

..... none, but a few county fairs. Saw Conway Twitty at a county fair in Quebec. Not even on stage, just a booth next the baseballs and milk bottles and the guy guessing your weight. He was between careers then, and I really admired him fur gutting it out.

..... Sure. I judged a greased pig contest in Kansas..

..... Don't know

Well, I have to go b

Old 06-03-2023, 09:23 PM

21,597 posts, read 8,764,847 times
Sunday's Questions:

No, there isn't.
I once went to a rock concert that was held at the Oakland Coliseum.
Oh, dear. I'll say roadie just to play along, but I don't think I'd enjoy either.
I've only attended county fairs.
Yes, that might be fun.
No, but I've heard they're really good.

Thanks, Mr. Mutt!

Old 06-03-2023, 11:35 PM

7,992 posts, read 5,409,463 times
Good Morning

Sunday's Questions:

Is there a movie or play or concert you want to see this summer? No, I am sure I will see a few movies.

If you had to pick one over the other, would you rather be a Campground host for the summer, or a roadie for a band on tour? Roadie

Do you attend state fairs? I have, not every year. They are fun.

Happy Sunday!

Old 06-03-2023, 11:48 PM

11,393 posts, read 9,316,239 times
Sunday's Questions:

Is there a movie or play or concert you want to see this summer? - Maybe Peter Frampton one more time. He's having heath issues and I thought he was going to quit touring. His tour is called "Never Say Never." He has Inclusion Body Myositis (IBM) which will affect his guitar playing. I suspect this will be his last tour.

Have you ever attended a concert that was held in a baseball or football stadium? - Many times. Last was The Rolling Stones in 2019 when Mick Jagger made eye contact and waved to me twice! I'll never forget that. An obvious computer glitch gave me a half section all to myself. The seat was up but not too high and right on the side of the stage.

If you had to pick one over the other, would you rather be a Campground host for the summer, or a roadie for a band on tour? - The roadie would be way more fun for me as long as I didn't have to help in the set-up of equipment.

Do you attend state fairs? - I usually go to the Maryland State Fair. That's the only one I've been to.

Would you volunteer to be a judge at a chili cook-off? - Nope.

Ever eat turkey that was deep-fried? - Never did.

Thanks again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics