Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2023, 10:14 AM

72,452 posts, read 18,221,165 times

Advertisements

Today's Question(s):
Retired or not, do you have any work related things around your home?
I have an office set up for different types of projects.

Do you have any arts or crafts that you or yours made?

Not, don't do much artsy stuff

Food or non-food, what does it seem like your always buying at the store?

Milk, eggs, bananas, avocados,

Do you have any toys of any kind?

A fluffy toy dog

How long do you keep day to day store receipts, not anything you'd need for taxes?
t
I look at them if they are store food receipts i would throw it out. Others I keep if it's a vaccum cleaner etc

Foodie Question(s):
If you couldn't eat out or buy any food, how long do you estimate the food you have at home would last?

Maybe 3 days

Just To:
Do you have sticky notes or post it notes on your fridge, computer, mirror or any other places, and if so, can you tell us what any of your sticky notes say?

No sticky notes. I used to

That'll do. Have a thoroughly pleasant Thursday!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2023, 10:14 AM

5,610 posts, read 6,545,063 times
Today's Question(s):
Retired or not, do you have any work related things around your home? From work, no. I do have some souvenirs like coffee cups and postcards, tho.

Do you have any arts or crafts that you or yours made? Yes, I have a couple cross stitch items on display and I do scrapbooking.

Food or non-food, what does it seem like your always buying at the store? The usual staples that need to be kept cold. Everything else can sit on the shelf until I finish it.

Do you have any toys of any kind? No.

How long do you keep day to day store receipts, not anything you'd need for taxes? Until I am sure it does not have any issues that I would need to return it for. I have a drawer I keep receipts in. I go through it periodically and toss ones I no longer need.

Foodie Question(s):
If you couldn't eat out or buy any food, how long do you estimate the food you have at home would last? A month. I grocery shop once a month and don't buy more than I need or have to store. I am over spending money for future use items. I can use the money for my current needs or wants and not cry "broke" or have to borrow "from Peter to pay Paul".

Just To:
Do you have sticky notes or post it notes on your fridge, computer, mirror or any other places, and if so, can you tell us what any of your sticky notes say? Yes. I have several with scripture verses that got me through a terrible time in my life. They are taped to a few places and are faded because that was a long time ago now. I got through the terrible time and am now thriving. Those verses mean alot to me.

That'll do. Have a thoroughly pleasant Thursday! You too! Enjoy the feeling I know you still have by being in your new home. I still have that feeling and I will be here 10 years in the fall. It is called thankfulness.........

Old 06-22-2023, 10:41 AM

24,542 posts, read 26,096,990 times
Today's Question(s):
Windbreaker, umbrella, golf shirts, clocks, cups, various plaques

Lots of stuff, hutch, dining room table, liquor cabinet and sewing cabinet made by the kiddos.
Porcelain dolls, ornaments, and collectable items made by the wife.
Benches, hall table and magazine rack made by your truely.

Just the basics, bread, milk and veggies.

The cat has a bunch of toys.

How long do you keep day to day store receipts, not anything you'd need for taxes?
Day to day receipts are trashed after a quick review.

Foodie Question(s):
If you couldn't eat out or buy any food, how long do you estimate the food you have at home would last?
2 weeks.

Just To:
Do you have sticky notes or post it notes on your fridge, computer, mirror or any other places, and if so, can you tell us what any of your sticky notes say?
I do., make Dr appts, service car, order stuff from Amazon?Costco and a few others that I need to decipher.

Thanx bjh. Off to get the car serviced.

Old 06-22-2023, 05:39 PM

9 posts, read 3,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
House. Apartment. Condo. Castle. Let's see what we got laying around the house with . . .

Today's Question(s):

Foodie Question(s):

Just To:

Nothing work related in my room. Gotta keep em separated imo

Unless a Leggo set I haven't gotten to counts, no arts & crafts to speak of.

I feel like I'm constantly buying cheese at the store. I eat a lot of cheese.

Toys would again be the Leggos. Some pet toys here and there.

I keep receipts if for a couple weeks in case I want to return something or there's a warranty I need to send in.

I wouldn't last more than about two weeks with my on hand food due to a recent move. Answer will be different next week.

No sticky notes, but I do keep tasks, errands, and grocery lists on index cards so I know what I need to take care of during the week. Works pretty well.

Old 06-22-2023, 06:57 PM

12,572 posts, read 2,991,079 times
Today's Question(s):
Mugs, pens and pins.

Drawings and sketches.

Cat food.

A few plushies.

A few weeks.

Foodie Question(s):
Maybe 3 weeks

Just To:
Yes. Numbers for a combination lock.

Thank you, bjh!

Old 06-23-2023, 11:51 AM

3,187 posts, read 1,046,592 times
Yes.

Yes, lots of it.

Cat food, flowers, mineral water.

Cat toys.

I don't keep them, I get rid of them immediately.

Foodie Question(s):
It's hard to tell but...between 3 and 6 months, something like that. Because I can fast, I have stored food, unlimited water, I can eat very little, I grow a small garden, can survive on hot tea/soup etc.

Just To:
No, I don't have any currently. I used to have one on the bathroom mirror. This some years ago. It had an affirmation on it, written by hand, in pencil. It was just a small note. It said:"God loves you, his child, as much as He loves Jesus." I kept it there for 9 months.

Thanks.

Old 06-23-2023, 06:59 PM

44,398 posts, read 20,123,279 times
House. Apartment. Condo. Castle. Let's see what we got laying around the house with . . .

Today's Question(s):
Retired or not, do you have any work related things around your home? Yes. I have my name plaque that was on my desk at the office.

Do you have any arts or crafts that you or yours made? I have an Afghan that I knitted about 35 years ago.

Food or non-food, what does it seem like your always buying at the store? Salad greens. In order to have fresh salad fixin's at home, I go to the store every few days.

Do you have any toys of any kind? Yes. I have a couple of plush animals and I have a wind-up mechanical toy that my parents gave me when I was a very small child. It's a monkey that's dressed up in a colorful costume and when I wind him up he plays cymbals. One of my plush animals is a teddy bear that is made from a blanket that belonged to my dad. It was a Purdue Boilermakers blanket, and after Dad died my sister-in-law took the blanket to a seamstress who makes memorial teddy bears out of such things. It's a real treasure.

How long do you keep day to day store receipts, not anything you'd need for taxes? Often too long! I sometimes find old receipts in drawers or stacks of papers along with long-expired coupons.

Foodie Question(s):
If you couldn't eat out or buy any food, how long do you estimate the food you have at home would last? 1 to 1.5 months.

Just To:
Do you have sticky notes or post it notes on your fridge, computer, mirror or any other places, and if so, can you tell us what any of your sticky notes say? I often put sticky notes on my bathroom mirror. Right now there is one that says "PAWS." It's a reminder for me to go to the dog shelter where I volunteer (it's named Lakeshore PAWS). This morning I had a sticky on the mirror that reminded me to stop at a store and pick up a book that my sister asked me to get for her.

That'll do. Have a thoroughly pleasant Thursday! It was a pleasant but busy day. Today was even busier! Hence, my belated answers to your questions. Thanks, bjh!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics