Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2023, 09:59 PM
bjh bjh started this thread

60,096 posts, read 30,397,185 times

Advertisements

House. Apartment. Condo. Castle. Let's see what we got laying around the house with . . .

Today's Question(s):
Retired or not, do you have any work related things around your home?

Do you have any arts or crafts that you or yours made?

Food or non-food, what does it seem like your always buying at the store?

Do you have any toys of any kind?

How long do you keep day to day store receipts, not anything you'd need for taxes?

Foodie Question(s):
If you couldn't eat out or buy any food, how long do you estimate the food you have at home would last?

Just To:
Do you have sticky notes or post it notes on your fridge, computer, mirror or any other places, and if so, can you tell us what any of your sticky notes say?

That'll do. Have a thoroughly pleasant Thursday!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2023, 10:14 PM

6,868 posts, read 4,866,838 times
I could probably go six months on food. I might not be eating what I want, tho.

What am I always buying at the store? CATFOOD! After that, fresh produce.

There is furniture in the house that husband made.

No work related things around, and no sticky notes.

Old 06-21-2023, 10:18 PM

21,544 posts, read 8,727,966 times
[quote=bjh;65451075]House. Apartment. Condo. Castle. Let's see what we got laying around the house with . . .

Today's Question(s):
Yes, I have some company jackets that were given out as Christmas gifts to the employees. I also have all my old ID badges and a stick-on wall thermometer with our former meteorologist's name and picture on it.
My aunt was an artist, and I have several of her watercolors and pastels on my walls. I also have some drawings and a painting that a talented friend of mine did.

Milk, bread, cereal, orange juice, bananas.
Yes, I have a kaleidoscope and a teddy bear.
How long do you keep day to day store receipts, not anything you'd need for taxes?
I keep them to reconcile with credit card and bank statements, then I discard.
Foodie Question(s):
If you couldn't eat out or buy any food, how long do you estimate the food you have at home would last?
That's hard to say. Maybe a week or so; longer if you don't mind a diet of canned beans, rice, pasta, tomatoes and chicken broth.
Just To:
Do you have sticky notes or post it notes on your fridge, computer, mirror or any other places, and if so, can you tell us what any of your sticky notes say?
There's one on Mr. Bay's computer to remind him of our bank password.

Thanks, bjh!

Old 06-21-2023, 10:23 PM

5,903 posts, read 3,796,420 times
House. Apartment. Condo. Castle. Let's see what we got laying around the house with . . .

Today's Question(s):
Yeeeah....about that. I stole a lot of office supplies from every office job that I ever had, and that was a lot. Nah, just a few pens. And legal pads, pencils, sharpener - no wait, I bought that -- tape dispensers, tape, calculator, hole punches, letter openers, staplers, staples, copy paper, paper clips, hanging file folders, manila folders...I think that's it. But just to clarify, I only stole supplies from jobs that I got fired from.

Seriously, I have an office for no apparent reason other than I'm used to having one. That's not true, I use the heck out of it. I'm in it right now, typing. I do seem to have an extraordinary amount of supplies though.

Just a couple of cross-stitching items and two pillowcases that I embroidered, many years ago. I made a few things over the years that I just made for someone's special occasion or to give away. I like to paint so I used to do that too. It's all past tense now.

*sigh* Diet damn Coke. I got to quit that stuff.

Can't do that anymore either. I have a few stuffed animals that I kept and a few that have been given to me. Things like the original bouncing talking Tigger and my son's original Tickle Me Elmo toy. That ostrich beanie baby family was just too precious to get rid of. They are all in a closet, I'm a little too old to put them on my bed.

Not very long or not at all. I usually don't get a receipt. I check my account frequently. If it's something I might need to return then I keep the receipt for a while.

Foodie Question(s):
Do you know something we don't? I only have, if rationed, one month at best. Should I stock up?

Just To:
I have quite a few of them, but they aren't stuck to anything. Inside files maybe, I do use them but it's more for reminders and figures. Usually goes in the trash right away because I can't stand seeing them stuck to everything. I don't like disorganization or clutter.

Thanks bjh!

Last edited by Northsouth; 06-21-2023 at 11:01 PM..

Old 06-21-2023, 10:51 PM

5,743 posts, read 3,601,915 times
... no

... I'm an anti-shpprt -- I never buy anything.

... no

... Never pay attention. I get to the cashier with an estimate in mind, an pay what is close enough.

Foodie Question(s):
... I restock wnenever down to about two servings. Never run out.

Just To:
... I have a small wipe-board on the kitchen wall. It's amazing/ enerything is on it. Wiped when accomp;ished.

That'll do.

Old 06-21-2023, 11:20 PM

14,776 posts, read 8,112,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post

Today's Question(s):
No.
No, other than a few Christmas ornaments and stuff like that, that my Son made when he
was little.

Seems like I spend as much money and time shopping for cleaning supplies and paper goods as I do for actual food at the grocery store.

No....but the cats have a few toys around here.
Just briefly if at all.
Foodie Question(s):
IDK....A week or two maybe....maybe longer if we rationed.
Just To:
No sticky notes here.

Ditto!
Thanks for the questions BJH!

Old 06-21-2023, 11:21 PM

44,632 posts, read 61,629,357 times
Today's Question(s):
Retired or not, do you have any work related things around your home? Seems like there is something to fix, clean, pack away every day.

Do you have any arts or crafts that you or yours made? Not anymore, they all seem to have disappeared.

Food or non-food, what does it seem like your always buying at the store? Food like cereal, produce and meats.

Do you have any toys of any kind? Not anymore, the kids took them when they left home.

How long do you keep day to day store receipts, not anything you'd need for taxes? Usually one year then shred any that are not necessary, like those for warranty products.

Foodie Question(s):
If you couldn't eat out or buy any food, how long do you estimate the food you have at home would last? Generally we keep a 10 day supply in stock.

Just To:
Do you have sticky notes or post it notes on your fridge, computer, mirror or any other places, and if so, can you tell us what any of your sticky notes say? Sticky/post it notes are kept in a desk drawer and rarely used. None are in use now.

That'll do. Have a thoroughly pleasant Thursday! u-2

Old 06-21-2023, 11:35 PM

7,487 posts, read 8,005,092 times
****I still have a few work shirts. Also have the laptop issued to me. Has not been powered up in almost ten years.

****None

****Snack foods. Some healthy, most not.

****None. I buy firearms and tools

****Most go in the trash when putting the food away

Foodie Question(s):
****Three or four weeks.

Just To:
***After years of therapy, I have broken free from the sticky note curse. I now have no sticky notes, new or used.

Old 06-22-2023, 12:27 AM

7,566 posts, read 3,248,743 times
bjh;65451075]House. Apartment. Condo. Castle. Let's see what we got laying around the house with . . .

Today's Question(s):
Yes. For years I have had identical office set-ups at home and work so I could leave work, drive home and just slap the laptop down and have everything up and running (for the flexibility).

No, I don't unless you count an art poster that a friend of mine had custom framed that she gifted me about 30 years ago.

Sunflower seeds (but, I am giving it up -- LOL)

I recently pared down the cat toys; but, there are still a few cat nip kicker pillows, yarn balls, little wool balls, mouse and/or bird on leather string and even a catnip squirrel...

I get rid of unnecessary receipts almost immediately.

Foodie Question(s):
I have actual freeze dried emergency food for a month for myself and my neighbors that are friends. I have 30 gallons of spring water and 10 gallons of cat water. I have regular food that could last about 10 days. I also practice extended water fasting and my last fast was 37 days. So, I could subsist quite an extended period of time as long as I had access to water.

Just To:
Yes I do; and No I cannot

Old 06-22-2023, 04:53 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times

Today's Question(s):
Two things: A nice ceramic mug with the seal of my agency that I received as a gift from someone when I retired and that sits on the shelf of my desk and a wood award plaque that sits in the box it came in and which I think I got at either 25 or 30 years of service. There might be some things in a box in my closet that is still sealed from my move from MD to TN in 2007.

Do you have any arts or crafts that you or yours made? No

Food or non-food, what does it seem like your always buying at the store? Bottled water, old lady prescription drugs.

Do you have any toys of any kind? No

How long do you keep day to day store receipts, not anything you'd need for taxes? Discard immediately except for the ones that I give to a friend for a gasoline discount.

Foodie Question(s):
Let's put it this way. Still haven't gone to the supermarket since I came home from vacation on Mothers Day but it's time I did.

Just To:
Don't have them. I didn't even know people still use them. Thought for sure something on a cell phone replaced them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics