Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2023, 04:38 AM

16,913 posts, read 16,183,403 times

Advertisements

All is well here where we are so far and I do hope it is okay enough where you are! Autumn is almost here! Help spread the
word...it keeps people with some hope!

~ If you need to go to the food market to buy things to have to eat your meals and snacks, then on average low price and high price, how much of a total might be on your receipt?

~ How much do you spend on beverages as needed?

~ Finally, how much might you maybe kinda sorta spend on alcoholic drinks each week?

~ Have you ever had a day or days where you are taken over with strength or abilities you do not usually have...or a day
when you suddenly feel good when normally you do not?

~ A yummy snack that you created (as far as you know, anyway) that you enjoy:
Mine is a can of tuna with some cheddar cheese wavy Ruffles potato chips with shredded cheddar cheese on each one!
In a bowl or on a plate with a fork.

**** I would love to meet you all some day! Be well and take good care of everyone! We'll be talking about you!
From roosty and Kitty Buttercup who is doing well, thank you! ****
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2023, 04:46 AM

11,409 posts, read 9,333,788 times
~ If you need to go to the food market to buy things to have to eat your meals and snacks, then on average low price and high price, how much of a total might be on your receipt? - IDK. I get what I want and the money spent will vary.

~ How much do you spend on beverages as needed? - Very small amount. I pay .35 a gallon for the filtered water at a local to me organic market chain.
I buy Perrier too.

~ Finally, how much might you maybe kinda sorta spend on alcoholic drinks each week? - Zero. I only have a very occasional beer. I shun hard liquor.

~ Have you ever had a day or days where you are taken over with strength or abilities you do not usually have...or a day
- I feel good for my age and have some energy but still hate the process. Not sure I know how to answer this...

Mine is a can of tuna with some cheddar cheese wavy Ruffles potato chips with shredded cheddar cheese on each one!
- I don't snack much and only very rarely take any home from a store. I'll buy certain nuts but I'll take them to work. They usually last me too.

**** I would love to meet you all some day! Be well and take good care of everyone! We'll be talking about you!
From roosty and Kitty Buttercup whi is doing well, thank you! ****
- Hello to the Roosty household...

Old 08-11-2023, 05:52 AM

30,712 posts, read 16,352,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
All is well here where we are so far and I do hope it is okay enough where you are! Autumn is almost here! Help spread the

Good morning, Roosty.

~ If you need to go to the food market to buy things to have to eat your meals and snacks, then on average low price and high price, how much of a total might be on your receipt?
Honestly can't say. The local grocery store is a Walmart so likely not just buying food. Maybe cat food, kitty litter, an occasional t-shirt or bottle of shampoo. All one bill.

only buy water and it's about $5 a case

~ Finally, how much might you maybe kinda sorta spend on alcoholic drinks each week?

none. I don't drink.

relatively speaking. I just have to accept that I'll never be as young as I was. Whoever said old age is a matter of mind over matter is full of used Brussel sprouts.

chocolate chips in vanilla yogurt.

that's good to hear, roosty. I was wondering.

hugs to all and good hopes for those on Maui

Old 08-11-2023, 05:57 AM

126,395 posts, read 19,151,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post

~ If you need to go to the food market to buy things to have to eat your meals and snacks, then on average low price and high price, how much of a total might be on your receipt?............ It various weekly

~ How much do you spend on beverages as needed?........Milk is over $6 Canadian dollars for a bag of 4 liters

~ Finally, how much might you maybe kinda sorta spend on alcoholic drinks each week? ..............I don't buy weekly

when you suddenly feel good when normally you do not?.........Sure

In a bowl or on a plate with a fork.................Not created,but love frozen green grapes and blueberries or fruit with cheese or veggies with my yogurt dip

Thank you roosty,imagine we all would play music with you!

Old 08-11-2023, 06:14 AM

7,261 posts, read 7,128,597 times

Oh that's hard to say. If I'm just buying food for one day for the three of us, maybe $30-40. But I try to shop for 3 days in advance, if I can, so more like $100.

I drink milk, soda, and flavored waters. Hubby drinks almond milk, coffee and beer. So, quite a bit.

Whatever a case of Corona beer costs. But that's more than a weeks worth,

Yep.

I don't make new creations. I just grab a bit of this n that. Like, a handful of nuts, a couple slices of cheese, a bunch of grapes.

Old 08-11-2023, 06:16 AM

1,404 posts, read 634,717 times
All is well here where we are so far and I do hope it is okay enough where you are! Autumn is almost here! Help spread the word...it keeps people with some hope!

### All hail Fall, the most beautiful season as nature goes to sleep. So do must bugs as they go to their eternal rest, until………….never mind. Hello to the all the roosties and the exalted furry prince.

### I would say up to 75$ a week.

### We buy water at Costco, I forgot exact cost but it’s cheaper than the supermarket.

### I enjoy my once a week cocktail, about 12$ theses days.

~ Have you ever had a day or days where you are taken over with strength or abilities you do not usually have...or a day when you suddenly feel good when normally you do not?

### All the time, unfortunately those days are becoming few and far between

Mine is a can of tuna with some cheddar cheese wavy Ruffles potato chips with shredded cheddar cheese on each one! In a bowl or on a plate with a fork.

### One teaspoon of peanut butter mixed with 1/2 cup Fage non-fat Greek yogurt and make my own version of a peanut butter swirl. I’m a p/b fiend and it’s good for you in moderation.

**** I would love to meet you all some day! Be well and take good care of everyone! We'll be talking about you! From roosty and Kitty Buttercup who is doing well, thank you! ****

### Thank you, Mr roosty, you’re a kind man. Give the the little prince a gentle scratch on the chin on my behalf.

### Safe weekend everyone. Anyone having family in HI I hope they’re safe and sound.

Old 08-11-2023, 06:23 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,281,489 times
Good morning, rainroosty and thank you!

word...it keeps people with some hope! It is forecast to be over 100 degrees here and indefinitely, so ugh! I do need some hope!

~ If you need to go to the food market to buy things to have to eat your meals and snacks, then on average low price and high price, how much of a total might be on your receipt? Probably $85 once a week and a smaller amount mid week.

~ How much do you spend on beverages as needed? About $25 per grocery trip.

~ Finally, how much might you maybe kinda sorta spend on alcoholic drinks each week? Um, don't ask me that. Let's just say probably more than I should.

when you suddenly feel good when normally you do not? I feel good nearly all the time.

In a bowl or on a plate with a fork. Drawing a blank here.

Old 08-11-2023, 06:35 AM

9,753 posts, read 14,324,716 times
An average grocery bill, per week, is under $100.00.

~ How much do you spend on beverages as needed? That's included in my average grocery bill, and includes Water, Gatorade, Orange Juice, and a 6 pack of Cokes.

~ Finally, how much might you maybe kinda sorta spend on alcoholic drinks each week? $9 every 3 months, or so, for red wine. When my husband was living, we went to see live music and for 63 years, most Friday nights, we enjoyed Miller Lite and I liked a glass of red wine now or then while enjoying the bands. The fun times are gone, and I might have a glass of red wine by myself, on my front porch, maybe once/month.

when you suddenly feel good when normally you do not? No. My work makes me happy, and I look forward to it every day.

Chobani Lime Greek Yogurt with banana slices and granola

Thanks, Roosty and Family!

Old 08-11-2023, 07:26 AM

37,819 posts, read 41,130,318 times
All is well here where we are so far and I do hope it is okay enough where you are! Autumn is almost here! Help spread theword...it keeps people with some hope! I've got a long way to go until it even feels like Fall.

~ If you need to go to the food market to buy things to have to eat your meals and snacks, then on average low price and high price, how much of a total might be on your receipt? It varies since I might go in two weeks or a month or more if I happen to eat take out a lot. And, I only usually eat one meal per day.

~ How much do you spend on beverages as needed? That also varies on whether I buy them by the case or in 8 packs or 6 packs or I order them on line and whether I'm buying what and how much time elapses between going shopping. I'm just buying for me.

~ Finally, how much might you maybe kinda sorta spend on alcoholic drinks each week? $0

~ Have you ever had a day or days where you are taken over with strength or abilities you do not usually have...or a day when you suddenly feel good when normally you do not? I measure it by how fast I get out of the car. If I just bound right out, my legs are having a good day. That's not typical, though.

~ A yummy snack that you created (as far as you know, anyway) that you enjoy: Mine is a can of tuna with some cheddar cheese wavy Ruffles potato chips with shredded cheddar cheese on each one! In a bowl or on a plate with a fork. It's not tuna on pizza, I can tell you that! But seriously, I like to freeze things that aren't typically frozen. On Tuesday, for example, I got take out but didn't eat the home made banana pudding so instead of just putting it in the fridge, I put it in the freezer. It had whole chunks of banana in it plus some kind of crumbly type pie crust. I like to eat it semi-frozen. I also like those little Belgian things that are just two bites and are filled with some type of custard and sometimes brown frosting totally frozen. They tell you to thaw them but I don't. Any type of cream pie, I also don't thaw. I eat it frozen. Otherwise, I eat simple food, nothing concocted.

**** I would love to meet you all some day! Be well and take good care of everyone! We'll be talking about you! From roosty and Kitty Buttercup who is doing well, thank you! ****

Old 08-11-2023, 07:59 AM

50,463 posts, read 64,328,280 times
All is well here where we are so far and I do hope it is okay enough where you are! Autumn is almost here! Help spread the word...it keeps people with some hope! Autumn is a long way away here. It comes around Christmas.

~ If you need to go to the food market to buy things to have to eat your meals and snacks, then on average low price and high price, how much of a total might be on your receipt? I tend to go to the store for a few things at a time. A few things usually winds up being $75.

~ How much do you spend on beverages as needed? Not a lot. A half gallon of organic milk, half and half for coffee, and sometimes buttermilk and heavy cream. Maybe $14. a month. We mostly drink tap water.

~ Finally, how much might you maybe kinda sorta spend on alcoholic drinks each week? About $25. a week on bourbon and vermouth for Manhattans.

~ Have you ever had a day or days where you are taken over with strength or abilities you do not usually have...or a day when you suddenly feel good when normally you do not? Definitely feel better on some days than others.

Mine is a can of tuna with some cheddar cheese wavy Ruffles potato chips with shredded cheddar cheese on each one! In a bowl or on a plate with a fork. I can’t think of one that’s original. I do like to mix salsa and sour cream for a dip with tortilla chips, but it’s probably not original.

**** I would love to meet you all some day! Be well and take good care of everyone! We'll be talking about you! Thanks, roosty.
From roosty and Kitty Buttercup who is doing well, thank you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics