Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2023, 05:31 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,087,593 times

Advertisements

Greetings, everyone! Scroll on down and check out

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

When did you last eat a hard-boiled egg?
More than a year ago in a pre-made salad. There are eggs in the potato salad I buy.

Do you wash eggs before you crack them? Don't buy eggs (never did) probably because I rarely eat breakfast except for microwaveable oatmeal, sometimes. I would eat breakfast food at night, though, just never think about it.

Have you ever eaten an egg from a bird other than a chicken? No

Do you like egg salad? No

What ingredients would you like in your egg frittata? I don't know what that is.

Do you ever put ketchup on eggs? No

Would you like a fried egg sandwich? If so, what condiment(s) would you like on it? Never had an egg sandwich.

Your preferred toast: white; wheat; rye; sourdough; other (specify)? White or rye but rarely have toast, because I don't buy bread, either, except for garlic bread and sandwich/sub takeout. I like bread but usually wind up throwing out half of a small loaf so don't buy it, anymore.

What do you like on your toast? butter.

What is your favorite bread to have with breakfast (e.g., English muffin; biscuit; sliced bread)? If I have bread at all in the morning, it will be a bagel with cream cheese by itself but since we don't have any real bagel stores here anymore (I don't consider supermarket bagels or Panera Bread bagels to be real bagels and the women from NY who owned a real bagel store here retired a few years ago), I may have a bagel once a month, if that. I used to like egg onion bagels, rye bagels (with seeds) and salted bagels, best but can't get them here. Perplexed that Panera Bread makes an asiago cheese bagel and a blueberry bagel but doesn't make poppy seed bagels or egg bagels. I mean, c'mon, poppy seed bagels are Bagels 101.

----------
It's not that I don't like eggs (fried and over but never scrambled), just never cook breakfast and since I've been retired, I don't eat breakfast out anymore. Also, when on vacation, never eat the free breakfast at the hotels because I'm trying to be out the door with the birds before or just as the sun comes up.

Okay, now I'm hungry. That's it for your Tuesday Q's, folks. Have a great day, and don't forget to commit an act of kindness before it's over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2023, 05:50 AM

126,325 posts, read 19,108,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSaturn View Post

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

When did you last eat a hard-boiled egg?................The other day

Do you wash eggs before you crack them? ..............No

Have you ever eaten an egg from a bird other than a chicken?.............No

Do you like egg salad?...........Yes I do

What ingredients would you like in your egg frittata? ....... Yogurt,onion,baby spinach,black pepper,Feta cheese,fresh garlic,tomatoes and parsley

Do you ever put ketchup on eggs?..............Nope

Would you like a fried egg sandwich? If so, what condiment(s) would you like on it?.............I like it with black pepper and chive

Your preferred toast: white; wheat; rye; sourdough; other (specify)?............I don't eat toast

What do you like on your toast?............See above

What is your favorite bread to have with breakfast (e.g., English muffin; biscuit; sliced bread)?.............. European Bauernbrot,I bake weekly my own bread with coriander,fennel and caraway

Okay, now I'm hungry. That's it for your Tuesday Q's, folks. Have a great day, and don't forget to commit an act of kindness before it's over.

Thank you Pammy

Old 09-05-2023, 06:02 AM

9,741 posts, read 14,298,364 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

When did you last eat a hard-boiled egg? It's been a couple of months, and I Love Them!

Do you wash eggs before you crack them? I never did that. Maybe I should?

Have you ever eaten an egg from a bird other than a chicken? No

Do you like egg salad? Yes, only if I make it.

What ingredients would you like in your egg frittata? I never had that

Would you like a fried egg sandwich? Yes, that sounds good! If so, what condiment(s) would you like on it? Just pepper on it, please....or, ah....maybe a thin slice of cheese.

Your preferred toast: white; wheat; rye; sourdough; other (specify)? Toast

What do you like on your toast? Apple Butter

What is your favorite bread to have with breakfast (e.g., English muffin; biscuit; sliced bread)? Biscuit

Great Questions, Pam! Thank YOU!

Old 09-05-2023, 06:43 AM

18,951 posts, read 11,615,465 times
Maybe 3 months ago

Do you wash eggs before you crack them?
No, but your question made me feel like lying lol

Have you ever eaten an egg from a bird other than a chicken?
definitely quail and duck but I'm not sure if I've had goose egg or not. Quail eggs are a pain to use, IMO - I'd rather have them out.

Do you like egg salad?
yes but a little goes a long way. Thinking of egg salad on toast brings back good memories.

What ingredients would you like in your egg frittata?
onion, spicy chili pepper, zucchini and you can choose 2 other veggies for me

Do you ever put ketchup on eggs?
No, but sometimes I'll have scrambled eggs with picante sauce

Would you like a fried egg sandwich? If so, what condiment(s) would you like on it?
mmmm. sure thing! Just black pepper and a little salt. Make sure to let some of that browned butter drip onto the toast.

Your preferred toast: white; wheat; rye; sourdough; other (specify)?
nothing fancy - generic white for the egg sandwich. Rye for just toast

What do you like on your toast?
Depends on the bread. Rye = lots of good butter. White or wheat depends. For breakfast - butter &/or jam. For a snack - peanut butter or cinnamon toast

What is your favorite bread to have with breakfast (e.g., English muffin; biscuit; sliced bread)?
I don't usually have a real "start the day of right" breakfast. Do donuts count? Rarely have English muffins or toaster corn cakes anymore. Biscuits are special and yummy - these are the only breakfast breads I'd put honey on. Regular sliced bread has to be toasted. The bread I have most often for breakfast is a bagel - sesame or egg.

Thanks Pam!
Posting Guide

Old 09-05-2023, 07:05 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,128,773 times
Good morning, PJ, and thank you!

When did you last eat a hard-boiled egg? Well, if you're including deviled eggs, probably less than a month ago.

Do you wash eggs before you crack them? No.

Have you ever eaten an egg from a bird other than a chicken? Yes.

Do you like egg salad? I love egg salad!

What ingredients would you like in your egg frittata? Potatoes, asparagus, that sort of thing. Maybe some chopped ham or bacon. Yum!

Do you ever put ketchup on eggs? I have before but mainly just to see how it tasted. I didn't much care for it, so I don't do it now.

Would you like a fried egg sandwich? If so, what condiment(s) would you like on it? Ummm, OK let's see - mayo or butter. Salt, pepper. That's about it.

Your preferred toast: white; wheat; rye; sourdough; other (specify)? I love sourdough and a grainy wheat.

What do you like on your toast? Butter. Maybe peanut butter. Maybe just regular butter.

What is your favorite bread to have with breakfast (e.g., English muffin; biscuit; sliced bread)? I love a croissant or a bagel but if I have either of those, I only want butter and jam on them. Oh, and I also really like English muffins or a grainy sort of sliced wheat bread. I prefer all of them toasted and warm.

Old 09-05-2023, 07:08 AM

7,385 posts, read 5,499,296 times

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

When did you last eat a hard-boiled egg? A few weeks ago.

Do you wash eggs before you crack them? Yes

Do you like egg salad? Yes

What ingredients would you like in your egg frittata? Cheese

Would you like a fried egg sandwich? Yes. If so, what condiment(s) would you like on it? Butter

Your preferred toast: white; wheat; rye; sourdough; other (specify)? White

What do you like on your toast? Butter. Grape jelly

What is your favorite bread to have with breakfast (e.g., English muffin; biscuit; sliced bread)? Bagel or toast

Okay, now I'm hungry. That's it for your Tuesday Q's, folks. Have a great day, and don't forget to commit an act of kindness before it's over.[/b]

Thank you!

Old 09-05-2023, 07:33 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,687 posts, read 81,473,200 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

When did you last eat a hard-boiled egg? In potato salad yesterday

Do you wash eggs before you crack them? No

Have you ever eaten an egg from a bird other than a chicken? Duck - we had some when I was a kid.

Do you like egg salad? Yes, but love deviled eggs.

What ingredients would you like in your egg frittata? Linguica, green onions, bell peppers, swiss cheese

Do you ever put ketchup on eggs? Goodness no!

Would you like a fried egg sandwich? If so, what condiment(s) would you like on it? Several slices of bacon and a slice of cheddar cheese, no condiments.

Your preferred toast: white; wheat; rye; sourdough; other (specify)? Sourdough

What do you like on your toast? Just butter

What is your favorite bread to have with breakfast (e.g., English muffin; biscuit; sliced bread)? Sliced Rustic Sourdough bread

Old 09-05-2023, 09:34 AM

7,253 posts, read 7,105,108 times

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Long time ago. I don't like them. Or, more specifically, I don't like the yolk part.

No.

No.

Do you like egg salad?

No.

I prefer quiche, cause I like the crust. Generally sausage, onion, mushroom and cheese.

Would you like a fried egg sandwich? If so, what condiment(s) would you like on it?

No.

White

Just butter

What is your favorite bread to have with breakfast (e.g., English muffin; biscuit; sliced bread)?

Muffin

Okay, now I'm hungry. That's it for your Tuesday Q's, folks. Have a great day, and don't forget to commit an act of kindness before it's over.[/b]

Old 09-05-2023, 09:45 AM

24,529 posts, read 26,081,068 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Last week in a tossed green salad and a potato salad.

No

No

Do you like egg salad?
I sure do.

Onion, red and green bell pepper, red pepper flakes, cheese and bacon bits.

No, yes to salsa picante.

Yes, with cheese, pepper and salsa picante.

Rye or sourdough.

Butter and a strawberry or blueberry jam.

Sourdough

Thanx Pam for the scrumptious Q's.

Old 09-05-2023, 10:04 AM

18,760 posts, read 11,821,444 times
[quote=PJSaturn;65787449]Greetings, everyone! Scroll on down and check out

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Yesterday when I was eating my home made potato salad.
No, but I wash my hands after cracking them.
A tiny quail egg that was hard boiled.
Do you like egg salad?
I do.
Some spinach and mushrooms please.
OMG no.
Sure. Just some mayo.
Anything whole grain.
Butter and peanut butter, but that's more of a winter thing for us with a mid day cup of coffee.
French toast.

Thanks Pam. You have a good day too.

Well, as usual, the next project has started. The bad news. We have to remove all of these 3 inch concrete slabs that run the length of the 20 foot laundry room and are about 2 feet wide. I think there will be 5 or 6 of them. It's going to be awful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics