Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2023, 06:09 AM

126,424 posts, read 19,184,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
The Questions

Do you have an accent? ...........I still hav one
That is, do you sound like everyone else in the town where you live? ...........No
Are you asked to repeat yourself at drive-throughs a lot? If yes, why do you think that happens?............No

When was the last time you majorly changed your hairstyle?............. Throughout the years
Ever go from really long hair to a very short hairstyle?...............Yes and visa versa
From straight hair to a perm?..........Years ago a light perm
From one length to layers?...........Yes
Ever have a mullet? ........No

Have you ever been tear gassed? ..............No
If yes, what were the circumstances?

In a multi-ingredient food item or dish, what ingredient flavor can you taste/pick out, immediately?.............I usually can tell what spices ate used
Is it something you like or dislike?........I don't like when it is too sweet or too salty

PICK THE QUESTION YOU WANT TO ANSWER OR FEEL FREE TO ANSWER BOTH::
What are your favorite black and white movies?
What are your favorite war movies?

If you wear glasses (including sunglasses) what color are the frames?.......... brownish.

Have you ever had a traffic accident or an almost traffic accident because someone blew through a red light?..........No

YOU DON'T HAVE TO ANSWER THIS NEXT QUESTION - I NEED ADVICE - JUST SKIP IT IF YOU DON'T WANT TO ANSWER

Do I have to tip my cable company if they come to my home to change my TV cable box, if I didn't ask for the change, they mandated it for all customers?..........No
They are making me pay for the visit and it's not cheap. They gave me the option of doing it myself but I can not physically do it and I don't like the idea that I'd be expected to return the old box.

Thanks for playing.

Thank you Laura
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2023, 07:27 AM

7,410 posts, read 5,521,644 times
Do you have an accent? That is, do you sound like everyone else in the town where you live? I suppose where I live I’m considered to have a midwestern accent.
Are you asked to repeat yourself at drive-throughs a lot? If yes, why do you think that happens? No

When was the last time you majorly changed your hairstyle? Not for awhile.
Ever go from really long hair to a very short hairstyle? Yes
From straight hair to a perm? Yes, in the 80’s.
From one length to layers? Yes
Ever have a mullet? I did for a short time in the 80’s

Have you ever been tear gassed? No

In a multi-ingredient food item or dish, what ingredient flavor can you taste/pick out, immediately? Onion. Anything too hot or spicy.
Is it something you like or dislike? I like a lot of garlic. I don’t like onion, hot flavors. Matcha.

What are your favorite black and white movies? The Wizard of Oz, first part was in black and white.
What are your favorite war movies? Saving Private Ryan.

If you wear glasses (including sunglasses) what color are the frames? Black

Have you ever had a traffic accident or an almost traffic accident because someone blew through a red light? No

YOU DON'T HAVE TO ANSWER THIS NEXT QUESTION - I NEED ADVICE - JUST SKIP IT IF YOU DON'T WANT TO ANSWER

Do I have to tip my cable company if they come to my home to change my TV cable box, if I didn't ask for the change, they mandated it for all customers? They are making me pay for the visit and it's not cheap. They gave me the option of doing it myself but I can not physically do it and I don't like the idea that I'd be expected to return the old box.
I recently got a new internet router, I was expected to connect it myself. It was beyond my comprehension. I hired a guy to do it for me. Can you hire someone to do this for you that is cheaper than the cable company’s? To me it’s worth paying someone else, lessens the stress. I think it’s unfair they won’t do it for you for free.

Thanks for playing.

Thank you!

Old 10-16-2023, 08:50 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,853 posts, read 81,846,971 times
Do you have an accent? That is, do you sound like everyone else in the town where you live?
Are you asked to repeat yourself at drive-throughs a lot? If yes, why do you think that happens? No, no, and no. Here there is no accent for the majority of people, but we are 37% Asian, most from India. Several of our neighbors have heavy Indian accents.

When was the last time you majorly changed your hairstyle? It's the same as when I was a kid, but in my "hippie" years ages 17-22 or so it was a lot longer.
Ever go from really long hair to a very short hairstyle? Yes, when I got my first job out of graduate school in 1975.
From straight hair to a perm? No
From one length to layers? No
Ever have a mullet? Goodness, no!

In a multi-ingredient food item or dish, what ingredient flavor can you taste/pick out, immediately?
Is it something you like or dislike? Cilantro, which I can't stand, garlic, which I love.

What are your favorite black and white movies? On the waterfront, 1954, and Wages of Fear, 1953.

If you wear glasses (including sunglasses) what color are the frames? Silver and blue

Have you ever had a traffic accident or an almost traffic accident because someone blew through a red light? A few close calls, but no accident, knocking on wood!

Do I have to tip my cable company if they come to my home to change my TV cable box, if I didn't ask for the change, they mandated it for all customers? They are making me pay for the visit and it's not cheap. They gave me the option of doing it myself but I can not physically do it and I don't like the idea that I'd be expected to return the old box. I would never tip a cable person, those companies are making a fortune on us and it's not our fault if they don't pay their people enough.

Old 10-16-2023, 09:37 AM

6,981 posts, read 4,997,467 times
Call the cable company. If you are physically unable to do the change yourself they may be required to provide free assistance. I do not know, but it never hurts to ask. Or, call your local senior center to see if there is a volunteer that could do it for you.

Old 10-16-2023, 09:49 AM

24,594 posts, read 26,161,584 times
The Questions

Do you have an accent? That is, do you sound like everyone else in the town where you live?
I don't think I do,but people can tell I'm a Buckeye.

Are you asked to repeat yourself at drive-throughs a lot? If yes, why do you think that happens?
No

When was the last time you majorly changed your hairstyle?
Post pandemic.

Ever go from really long hair to a very short hairstyle?
From straight hair to a perm?
From one length to layers?
Ever have a mullet?
:and

Have you ever been tear gassed?

In a multi-ingredient food item or dish, what ingredient flavor can you taste/pick out, immediately?
Anise, cilintro

Is it something you like or dislike?
Dislike

Charlie Chan and Winchester 73, Stagecoach, Bowery Boys and Little Rascals.

Flags of Our Fathers, Letters from Iwo Jima, Windtalkers, Band Of Brothers.

If you wear glasses (including sunglasses) what color are the frames?
Black

Have you ever had a traffic accident or an almost traffic accident because someone blew through a red light?
No

Do I have to tip my cable company if they come to my home to change my TV cable box, if I didn't ask for the change, they mandated it for all customers? They are making me pay for the visit and it's not cheap. They gave me the option of doing it myself but I can not physically do it and I don't like the idea that I'd be expected to return the old box.
Hell No.

Thanks for playing.

Thanx Laura, cool Q's.

Old 10-16-2023, 09:51 AM

50,503 posts, read 64,425,260 times
The Questions

Do you have an accent? That is, do you sound like everyone else in the town where you live? I’m from MA, but I live in GA. I’m sure both places creep into my speech.
Are you asked to repeat yourself at drive-throughs a lot? If yes, why do you think that happens? Maybe because the speaker system is bad, or the kid inside is an idiot.

When was the last time you majorly changed your hairstyle? Last year I got it cut from medium to short, and colored the gray. Lately, I’ve let it grow out a bit and just got it highlighted blond.
Ever go from really long hair to a very short hairstyle? I haven’t ever had really long hair. My hair is wavy in some places and straight in others, so just too much of a pain to wear long.
From straight hair to a perm? I used to get perms in the 80s and 90s. They really were a good solution for me, but now too much to keep up with.
From one length to layers? Lots
Ever have a mullet? No

Have you ever been tear gassed? Nope

In a multi-ingredient food item or dish, what ingredient flavor can you taste/pick out, immediately? Cilantro
Is it something you like or dislike? I like it.

What are your favorite black and white movies? ?
What are your favorite war movies? ?

If you wear glasses (including sunglasses) what color are the frames? I just got new ones that are frameless and clear on the sides.

Have you ever had a traffic accident or an almost traffic accident because someone blew through a red light? Yes. I almost got Tboned. Scared me, because he was going fast. We both swerved.

Oh, heck no.

Old 10-16-2023, 10:53 AM

3,245 posts, read 1,081,974 times
Good morning.

Yes.
Are you asked to repeat yourself at drive-throughs a lot? If yes, why do you think that happens?
I never go there so...

When was the last time you majorly changed your hairstyle?
Majorly? A few years ago.
Ever go from really long hair to a very short hairstyle?
Yes, I did.
From straight hair to a perm?
No. I never had straight hair to begin with...so...
From one length to layers?
Yes.
Ever have a mullet?
No!

Have you ever been tear gassed?
No.

Garlic. I do like it but not as much as in the past.

"Band of Brothers."

Dark red for the reading glasses and brown for the sunglasses.

Have you ever had a traffic accident or an almost traffic accident because someone blew through a red light?
Almost. Twice, they were not looking and I was crossing (pedestrian) the road. Almost died each time. Lucky me I'm a former gymnast and I pay attention. It was not fun! Very young female drivers both times. I'm not swearing but that time it was hard not to...I had to control myself.

Thank you. Have a good week.

Old 10-16-2023, 02:03 PM

5,918 posts, read 3,825,262 times
Yes I do, it's a muddled combination of Southern and Coastal, with a sprinkling of Northern thrown in there. I do sound Southern but it's not the ridiculous hillbilly version. It's more refined and I'm well spoken. I hate to hear the backward twangs. I don't normally have to repeat myself.

When was the last time you majorly changed your hairstyle? About 2 years. I hated it so it's long again. It irritates the crap out of my Mother, she says older women shouldn't have long hair. Put your hands in the air, wave them like you just don't care....about your hair. That's me.
Ever go from really long hair to a very short hairstyle? Ugh yes, ew. Hated it too.
From straight hair to a perm?LOL didn't everyone in the 80's? I always got perms and had big hair. Now, don't care.
From one length to layers? Yeah, that wasn't so bad but my hair is frizzy when it's shorter so that's really why I keep it long. I looked like Bozo with it short.
Ever have a mullet? No, but I had wings.

Have you ever been tear gassed?No, I hope I never am.

I can't always tell with spices, but I can usually tell the ingredients. I don't like peppers, so I always pick those out. I don't mind the flavor when cooked with something, but I don't want to eat the pepper itself. There's a spice that I absolutely hate, but I don't really know which one it is, just that I hate it. I think Olive Garden puts it in their lasagna.

What are your favorite black and white movies? It's a Wonderful Life.
What are your favorite war movies?Saving Private Ryan, The Patriot.

I have some funky glasses, they are gold rimmed with a design at the top of them, almost like tortoise shell but it's not. They aren't for everyone but I wanted something different than just wire rimmed glasses. My prescription sunglasses are tortoise shell around the edges but they are also kind of funky.

Yes that's happened a few times. There are a lot of accidents now because so many people have moved here. I was stopped at a red light that was as the bottom of a hill and beside me a 18 -wheeler blew through the red light and he was going fast. I guess he couldn't stop but that could have been a real disaster.

Absolutely not. They did the same thing to me as far as charging me for the technician that came out. He was surly and very mad that what he was called out for was something they could have helped me with over the phone. I didn't know so I don't know why he was so mad. They charged me $45.00 for his little uncomfortable visit, and he also changed out my box because it was mandated. I called and asked them nicely to remove it and what had happened. They would not remove the charges so I had to get ugly. I found that threatening with a law suit does the trick.

Thanks for playing.

Thanks Laura.

Old 10-16-2023, 02:42 PM

14,903 posts, read 8,226,003 times
Quote:
Do I have to tip my cable company if they come to my home to change my TV cable box, if I didn't ask for the change, they mandated it for all customers?..........No
They are making me pay for the visit and it's not cheap. They gave me the option of doing it myself but I can not physically do it and I don't like the idea that I'd be expected to return the old box.
It reminds me of when my Son was in Elementary School...our next door neighbors had cable but had bought a computer
and the cable company said they would send someone out to connect the internet in a few days, but they had already turned the switch on for them to get the internet, (My Son would go over and play with their Grandson)....they came over thanking me profusely because my Son hooked up there internet for them and they canceled the appointment for the technician (My Son was like in the third or fourth grade then!) I was like 'You shouldn't be messing with electrical stuff and how did you know how to do that?'...He was like

"Well, it's not like it is anything hard to do!"
(I wouldn't have any idea how to do that~)

Old 10-16-2023, 04:01 PM

35,422 posts, read 17,334,604 times
The Questions Thanks as always for the questions.

Do you have an accent? That is, do you sound like everyone else in the town where you live? No and yes
Are you asked to repeat yourself at drive-throughs a lot? If yes, why do you think that happens? The workers often don't speak English.

When was the last time you majorly changed your hairstyle? 12th of never.
Ever go from really long hair to a very short hairstyle? I went from moderately long to short in late 1972, when everyone else did.
From straight hair to a perm? No.
From one length to layers? No.
Ever have a mullet? No

In a multi-ingredient food item or dish, what ingredient flavor can you taste/pick out, immediately? Banana or cinnamon
Is it something you like or dislike? Like

What are your favorite black and white movies? Charlie Chaplain
What are your favorite war movies? Patton

If you wear glasses (including sunglasses) what color are the frames? I have a bunch of reading glasses, mostly different.

Have you ever had a traffic accident or an almost traffic accident because someone blew through a red light? Yes. Day or two after Labor Day weekend 2006. The woman was arrested at the scene for DWI. She had to pay all my expenses as compensation. Came out to $26. People urged me to inflate it; bad idea since I'm both honest and an attorney.

Do I have to tip my cable company if they come to my home to change my TV cable box, No, once I wanted to voluntarily since he fought his way through two feet of snow December 27 or 28, 2010, but he refused it, if I didn't ask for the change, they mandated it for all customers? Some stores don't give change.

Thanks for playing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics