Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2023, 09:11 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,808,581 times

Advertisements

Hello once again on this Friday morning, I do hope these questions find you doing well!
Yes thank you Roosty, hope you are well also.

Did you ever drive a 'stick shift' vehicle?
Yes I have, I love them! It would be hard for me to drive one now. I learned to drive in a VW bug stick, I thought my Dad was going to kill me and then have a stroke. But I got the hang of it very quickly. I couldn't wait to turn 16 so I could drive.

Did you have fun driving one?
Oops I believe I answered that above. I live in a hilly area now and in the 80's I learned how to keep a stick from rolling backwards on a hill. I got mad skills. I really did dream of being a race car driver.

What kind of books do you enjoy?
Science Fiction mostly, it's the only thing that I don't have as much trouble focusing on because some of it interests me. But some of it doesn't. I asked for 2 different paperback book trilogies from 2 different authors for Christmas. I have only read one of the 6, so we'll see how well I can focus on those. I can't do kindle, it hurts my eyes and head.

Things that might be found in a 'back yard';
Trees, swings or swing set, pets, plants, gardens, kids, swimming pools, fences....I'm done.

Did you ever have some marbles?
I've been told that I don't have any, so there's that. If you mean the little glass round things, yep I did. I loved to play marbles and collect them.

How about dominoes?
My Grandparents always had dominoes but I never learned how to play.

Have you ever tried to fly a kite? How well did that go?
You know me a little, how do you think it went?

Have you ever had a bison burger?
No. Is it good?

What kind of old vehicle would you love to have provided it still looks great and runs great? (and you can afford it!)
I'd like a 1965 Rangoon Red Ford Mustang.

Have you ever, using a machine, waxed a floor or shampooed a carpet?
Several times over the years with shampooing a carpet, never waxed a floor. Those no-wax floors were heaven for my mother in the 60's when they came out.

Do you like to clean out all the house gutter when they get full of autumn leaves or would you rather get them
covered with that mesh stuff that's supposed to stop them from getting clogged?
When I had the gutters installed I got the gutter guard kind, they are shaped a certain way where the leaves and debris can't get in.

Have you ever made a light or dark roux?
Nope, never.

What kind of butter do you buy?
Land O' Lakes butter, Blue Bonnet margarine.

*** Kitty Buttercup and I are here together, wishing you all the very best! Take good care! *** Thank you!

Thanks Roosty!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2023, 10:43 PM

1,004 posts, read 553,988 times
Hello once again on this Friday morning, I do hope these questions find you doing well!

Just sold our manual Civic a couple of years ago.
It's definitely more of an interactive experience.
I like Ann Rice a lot.
A broken down Ducati Monster.
As a kid.
How about dominoes?
No.
Yes. Cant remember.
Yes.
What kind of old vehicle would you love to have provided it still looks great and runs great? (and you can afford it!)How old? I'm pretty happy with my 2001 Tundra.....I guess for a classic I'd have to go with a 66' Mustang.

Yes.
Do you like to clean out all the house gutter when they get full of autumn leaves or would you rather get them
Mesh.
No.
Kerri Gold
*** Kitty Buttercup and I are here together, wishing you all the very best! Take good care! *** Thank you!

Old 10-21-2023, 01:02 AM

61,919 posts, read 87,491,180 times

Most part of my life.

Yup.

Paper books. Fiction.

Gazebo, lawn chairs, bird feeders, flower pots, grass and plants, trees, birds, squirrels, insects, shed, garden hose, stepping stones ..

Like those? Yes, some.

How about dominoes?

Played, yes - owned, no

Up and down...lol

Yes, but I enjoy steaks, brisket, kabobs and tenderloin more.

What kind of old vehicle would you love to have provided it still looks great and runs great? (and you can afford it!)

Karmann Ghia. I had cabrio coupe when I was living in Germany - loved the body style and it was fun to drive.

Shampooed carpet long time ago. I don't have carpet anymore.

Do you like to clean out all the house gutter when they get full of autumn leaves or would you rather get them covered with that mesh stuff that's supposed to stop them from getting clogged?

Mine are covered with mesh, but still need to be cleaned at least yearly.

Both.

European cultured butter, unsalted - French or local.

Best to you and kitty!! Enjoy your weekend!!

Old 10-21-2023, 08:16 AM

426 posts, read 161,838 times
No.

N/A.

Non-fiction. Don't get me wrong, I like fiction, but I prefer it in show/movie format. I love listening to non-fiction audiobooks while working and learning a lot.

Grass, trees, patio, patio furniture, grill, garden, IDK.

Yes. I used to like to think of them as little planets. lol

How about dominoes?
Yes.

Possibly, but I don't remember, so I couldn't tell you how it went.

No, and no thank you. Aren't they endangered? Don't kill them. =(

I'm not into cars that much. Modern is better to me.

Not that I know of. Just simple vacuuming.

Do you like to clean out all the house gutter when they get full of autumn leaves or would you rather get them covered with that mesh stuff that's supposed to stop them from getting clogged?
My dad does that stuff. lol.

A what now?

Country Crock.

Old 10-21-2023, 10:02 AM

18,760 posts, read 11,821,444 times
[quote=rainroosty;65976198]Hello once again on this Friday morning, I do hope these questions find you doing well!

I still drive a stick shift. I can't part with my 2002 Celica GTS manual 6 speed. It only has 65k miles, no rust, and is fun to drive.
I learned how to drive a stick in high school with my the boyfriends 68 428 Cobra Jet Mustang. I'll never forget that car.
Non fiction.
My baby opies. The runt is growing.
I just bought a glow in the dark marble racer for my littles with Autism. He didn't get to play with it much. His brother and our Hindu friend's daughter monopolized it. Sneaky little thing. She wormed her way into a sleep over last Saturday. She was supposed to stay next weekend.
How about dominoes?
I've played them but never had a set.
We had a giant shark kite that we tried to launch on the beach. It was hard to fly but fun once it was up there.
I have.
I want my 69 Camaro back.
Yes.
Oh that's a scary job here and those mesh things don't work. We are at the point to have to hire someone to do it.
I have. My turkey gravy and pot roast gravy is really tasty.
Smart Balance, but I buy real butter to bake with.

Thanks roosty. We've been under the weather all week with this annoying cold, or maybe Covid? I had about 3 bad days but I'm feeling better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics