Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2023, 04:36 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,274,675 times

Advertisements

Happy Wednesday. I've gotten up late today, so today's topic will be early vs. late.

* Have you ever been more than 1 hour late for an appointment?

* Have you ever been one day off for an appointment? Either a day early, or a day late?

* Did you make a habit of being early for work, or were (are) you habitually 5, 10, 15 minutes late?

* Name the first song (or movie) you can think of with "Late" in the title.

* Name the first song (or movie) you can think of with "Early" in the title.

That's it for today.... I'm running behind.
Have a great day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2023, 04:45 AM

11,374 posts, read 9,288,232 times
* Have you ever been more than 1 hour late for an appointment? - I've been held up with traffic which was out of my control.

Never anything major or even something like a doctor or dentist appointment.

* Have you ever been one day off for an appointment? Either a day early, or a day late? - I recall this happening one time when I was a day off in remembering an appointment.

* Did you make a habit of being early for work, or were (are) you habitually 5, 10, 15 minutes late? - Unless traffic issues I'm on time.

* Name the first song (or movie) you can think of with "Late" in the title. - Born Late '58 - Mott The Hoople

* Name the first song (or movie) you can think of with "Early" in the title. - Drawing a blank on this one right now.

Have a great day. - Same and thanks a bunch for your time!

Old 11-15-2023, 05:11 AM

30,540 posts, read 16,231,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Happy Wednesday. I've gotten up late today, so today's topic will be early vs. late.

no. I'm usually early

* Have you ever been one day off for an appointment? Either a day early, or a day late?
probably but I don't remember that happening

* Did you make a habit of being early for work, or were (are) you habitually 5, 10, 15 minutes late?
I was always early.

It;s Too Late-Carole King

Early Morning Rain-Gordon Lightfoot

Have a great day.
Running behind what?

Thanks, BeerGeek

Old 11-15-2023, 05:22 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,031,367 times

Missed the whole appointment. Wrote it on my calendar on the wrong day.

* Have you ever been one day off for an appointment? Either a day early, or a day late? see above

* Did you make a habit of being early for work, or were (are) you habitually 5, 10, 15 minutes late? Always early unless I had a morning doctor's appointment, told the boss a few days before and just worked late that day to make up for it.

* Name the first song (or movie) you can think of with "Late" in the title. It's Too Late - Carole King. The only one I could think of. Maybe the full title has "Baby" at the end because "It's too late baby, now it's too late but we really did try to make it," is in the part of the lyrics I remember.

* Name the first song (or movie) you can think of with "Early" in the title. Dawn's Early Light. Also the only one I could think of. The full title might include "The" or "By The" but I'm not sure. Only saw it once.

Old 11-15-2023, 07:21 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,959,349 times
Good morning, BeerGeek, and thank you!

* Have you ever been more than 1 hour late for an appointment? I don't think so.

* Have you ever been one day off for an appointment? Either a day early, or a day late? No.

* Did you make a habit of being early for work, or were (are) you habitually 5, 10, 15 minutes late? I'm always a few minutes early.

* Name the first song (or movie) you can think of with "Late" in the title. "Better Late Than Never" movie.

* Name the first song (or movie) you can think of with "Early" in the title. "Early In The Morning" song by the Gap Band.

Last edited by KathrynAragon; 11-15-2023 at 07:41 AM..

Old 11-15-2023, 07:36 AM

126,283 posts, read 19,057,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post

* Have you ever been more than 1 hour late for an appointment?.............Never

* Have you ever been one day off for an appointment? Either a day early, or a day late?.............Never

* Did you make a habit of being early for work, or were (are) you habitually 5, 10, 15 minutes late?..........I always arrived early

* Name the first song (or movie) you can think of with "Late" in the title.............

* Name the first song (or movie) you can think of with "Early" in the title..........

Have a great day.

Thank you BeerGeek

Old 11-15-2023, 08:23 AM

6,873 posts, read 4,873,766 times
I was always early to work. I am usually about 15 minutes early for appointments. I once forgot my dental appointment but my sister had unexpectedly died the day before.

I'm terrible at music trivia. I can't think of any late or early songs

Old 11-15-2023, 08:27 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,585 posts, read 81,225,683 times

* Have you ever been more than 1 hour late for an appointment? Worse. I went deep sea fishing on a party boat out of Berkeley CA in the morning of a day when my pregnant wife and I had a Lamaze class at 7pm. With rough waters outside the Golden Gate to the Farallon Islands, we didn't get back to the marina until after 8pm. By the time I drove home the class was over.

* Have you ever been one day off for an appointment? Either a day early, or a day late? Yes, a day early for a haircut appointment.

* Did you make a habit of being early for work, or were (are) you habitually 5, 10, 15 minutes late? I have always been at least 10-15 minutes early.

* Name the first song (or movie) you can think of with "Late" in the title. It's too late - Carole King.

* Name the first song (or movie) you can think of with "Early" in the title. I am stumped.

Have a great day.

Old 11-15-2023, 08:34 AM

7,370 posts, read 5,485,714 times

* Have you ever been more than 1 hour late for an appointment? No

* Have you ever been one day off for an appointment? Either a day early, or a day late? No

* Did you make a habit of being early for work, or were (are) you habitually 5, 10, 15 minutes late? Early, at least five minutes.

* Name the first song (or movie) you can think of with "Late" in the title. It’s too Late. Carole King.

Have a great day.
Thank you!

Old 11-15-2023, 09:51 AM

24,476 posts, read 26,017,453 times
No problemo

No

Yes, a day early. My usual weekly Mon appt. was moved to Tue.

Always early.

It's late. Ricky Nelson.

Have a great day.
Thanx BeerGeek40.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics