Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2023, 06:20 PM

12,561 posts, read 2,991,079 times

Advertisements

Do you have siblings or wish you did?

How did you get along?

Any siblings you would have better off or worse off without?

Did you ever wish you were an only child or did you enjoy being one?

Was there any sibling rivalry between your sibs or among your kids if you have any?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2023, 06:28 PM

44,668 posts, read 61,774,875 times
Do you have siblings or wish you did? 1 brother who passed from covid, 1 sister far far away and haven't heard from in 30 years..

How did you get along? So so, big age gap.

Did you ever wish you were an only child or did you enjoy being one? Didn't matter, I had many same age neighborhood kids to grow up with..

Was there any sibling rivalry between your sibs or among your kids if you have any? No too big of a age gap, I was way older and in a different world growing up then.

Old 12-08-2023, 06:33 PM

3,187 posts, read 1,046,592 times
Good afternoon.

I do have one brother. Older.
How did you get along?
Quite well.
No. I don't really get this question to be honest.
No.
Was there any sibling rivalry between your sibs or among your kids if you have any?
No.

Have a great weekend.

Old 12-08-2023, 06:36 PM

61,949 posts, read 87,574,290 times

No siblings, no big family. Didn't miss the crowds.

How did you get along?

No opinion due to lack of experience.

No siblings and I am perfectly fine with that. Got my parents undivided attention

Enjoyed every moment of it! Superior quality of life.

No opinion due to lack of experience.

Thank you, PegE!! Enjoy your weekend, peeps!!

Old 12-08-2023, 07:00 PM
bjh

60,149 posts, read 30,476,106 times
I have brothers.
How did you get along?
Well, for the most part.
We had one 'problem child'. He's still a problem as an adult. But he's his own problem now.
Another one of my brothers is easily the best friend of my life.
No. For the most part I'm glad for all my brothers.
Not really.

Thanks, PegE!

Old 12-08-2023, 08:05 PM

1,865 posts, read 844,611 times
Do you have siblings or wish you did? 1 Brother.

How did you get along? In the younger days, like brothers (good days and bad days). Currently we get along very well. I can see use having a hard time living far away from each other.

Any siblings you would have better off or worse off without? Would have a hard time without my brother.

Did you ever wish you were an only child or did you enjoy being one? Was one for a long time (large age gap) and really enjoyed it as there was loads of kids around. Saying that I would never have wanted to be an only child as the teenage years came around.

Was there any sibling rivalry between your sibs or among your kids if you have any? Yes. nothing serious but we annoyed each other all the time.

Old 12-08-2023, 08:44 PM

1,391 posts, read 627,374 times

### One sibling

How did you get along?

### We’ve had our moments

### My sibling and I have had a challenging life experience, I think each one of us couldn't have done it without the other.

### Not once did I ever wish I was an only child, it’s unthinkable to me at the moment

### Of course.

### Thanks, PegE. Enjoy your weekend everyone.

Old 12-08-2023, 09:25 PM

37,808 posts, read 41,097,858 times
Do you have siblings or wish you did? Have 1 younger sister.(4 years younger).

How did you get along? We were polar opposites in our likes and dislikes so there was really no rivalry between us or closeness, either. We each did our own thing. I still don't understand why she does the things she does and now we're both old. But we live far apart and communicate via email regularly and that works for us.

Any siblings you would have better off or worse off without? No. We just weren't close.

Did you ever wish you were an only child or did you enjoy being one? No.

Was there any sibling rivalry between your sibs or among your kids if you have any? No.

Old 12-08-2023, 11:04 PM

14,826 posts, read 8,165,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PegE View Post
No, I was an only child.
How did you get along?
I had a lot of cousins, we all got along....when I was a child, I actually got along best with adults though.
I had one brother Michael, who died as an infant before I was born.
I wish he had lived.

Yes, it had advantages at times.
I was raised as an only child, and my Son was an only child...so no.
Thanks for the questions!

Old 12-08-2023, 11:58 PM

21,598 posts, read 8,767,056 times
I had an older brother, Jim, but he was an alcoholic and only lived to be 45. I always assumed we'd grow old together, and I miss him. But from my father's second marriage I have two younger stepsisters and a stepbrother that I lived with from the age of 11 until I left home at 18.
How did you get along?
My brother and I had a good relationship, though we didn't get to spend a lot of time together. When I was 11 and he was 14, he went to live with our mother and stepfather, who lived hundreds of miles away, and I didn't see him or talk to him for four years.
One of my stepsisters is rather neurotic and tries to control everyone around her. She is estranged from all three of her daughters, and her two siblings keep their distance.
No. Mr. Bay was an only child, and I think he enjoyed being the focus of his parents' life.
I think that my brother Jim may have resented me a bit when we were kids. My father was awful to him, but I adored him and was thus his favorite.

Thanks, PegE!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics