Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2023, 09:06 PM

12,654 posts, read 2,997,824 times

Advertisements

In the absence of Alaskan Mutt I'm posting these.

We're waiting as a cool front comes in. What have you been waiting for recently?

It's kind of boring. Other than the internet or TV what things do you do when bored?

What foods do you find boring?

Do you jazz up any boring foods?

What jobs or tasks have bored you?

Who will post Sunday's questions? Let's decide.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2023, 09:27 PM

30,692 posts, read 16,339,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PegE View Post

Thank you!

We're waiting as a cool front comes in. What have you been waiting for recently?

rain, (had some recently but not enough), contractor to do work on my drive, Louise Penny's next book

It's kind of boring. Other than the internet or TV what things do you do when bored?

sort out my quilt fabric. OK I confess: I don't really sort it I just go through it and look at it. And/or walk outside and look and listen.

anything I've eaten too often.

boring is boring.

cleaning anything. The news.

not I said the hippo.

Thanks, Peg. much appreciated

Old 09-08-2023, 10:05 PM

44,685 posts, read 61,823,270 times
We're waiting as a cool front comes in. What have you been waiting for recently? Cooler weather too.

It's kind of boring. Other than the internet or TV what things do you do when bored? Crossword puzzles.

Do you jazz up any boring foods? The cook does sometimes.

What jobs or tasks have bored you? Yardwork like weeding.

Who will post Sunday's questions? Let's decide. I thought E. Twist committed to it.

Old 09-08-2023, 10:47 PM

Quote:
=wit-nit
Who will post Sunday's questions? Let's decide. I thought E. Twist committed to it.
Not sure if he/she committed to it on an ongoing basis. And it is every other Sunday unless Bayarea4 gives up her weeks.

Old 09-09-2023, 12:04 AM

21,614 posts, read 8,779,899 times
Quote:
Thank you, PegE!

Waiting to recover from a nasty Covid-like virus that's not Covid.
Rearrange drawers and closets, play online word games, read, watch old movies on TV, listen to music.
White bread.
I use condiments, herbs or spices. I like to cook green peas with minced onion and season them with butter, salt and thyme. Green beans are good with toasted slivered almonds and basil. I add a square of bittersweet chocolate to my chili con carne.
Being an office worker and sitting behind a desk all day doing the same things over and over.
For the answer, take a look in the mirror.

Old 09-09-2023, 12:12 AM

21,614 posts, read 8,779,899 times
Quote:
Not sure if he/she committed to it on an ongoing basis. And it is every other Sunday unless Bayarea4 gives up her weeks.
I would be happy to give up my weeks to anyone else who wants them. Lately I've been overwhelmed with domestic responsibilities and don't have much time for myself. My 83-year-old husband and I are both recovering from a nasty Covid-like virus that completely sapped our energy. Also, he has mobility and vision problems and can't do very much for himself anymore, so everything is on me. I have enjoyed doing QOTD but am ready to hand over the reins to someone new.

Old 09-09-2023, 12:26 AM

14,851 posts, read 8,184,952 times
Quote:
Thanks PegE!
Fall and other things (personal)
Read, play word games, cook, clean house, organize, sit outside, go for a short walk
(I don't get bored easily).

try something new, switch things up a little, add herbs, etc.
sometimes housework, some jobs in my past

Last edited by Crazee Cat Lady; 09-09-2023 at 12:50 AM..

Old 09-09-2023, 12:41 AM

11,407 posts, read 9,328,716 times
In the absence of Alaskan Mutt I'm posting these. - Thanks a bunch, Peg!

We're waiting as a cool front comes in. What have you been waiting for recently? - A long list and I don't know where to begin.

Going out on a real date probably should be at the top...

I just got home from a very long day and I'm very tired. The concert I went to tonight was outstanding but it took me way too long to get home. Adding one more to this question is the traffic was so bad in the area where I went in DC tonight (I understand a very bad storm which I missed was mostly to blame) I waited 45 minutes for a bus to get me from the venue to a near by subway station. I could have walked there in less time...

It's kind of boring. Other than the internet or TV what things do you do when bored? - I'm not usually bored...

^ IDK.

Old 09-09-2023, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayarea4 View Post
I would be happy to give up my weeks to anyone else who wants them.
Thanks, Bay. For now I'll post every Saturday instead of every other.

E twist, do you want Sundays moving forward?

Last edited by PegE; 09-09-2023 at 01:07 AM..

Old 09-09-2023, 12:56 AM

11,407 posts, read 9,328,716 times
Quote:
Thanks, Bay. For now I'll expand to every Saturday instead of every other.
That's very nice of you, Peg! Thanks again...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics