Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2023, 03:35 AM

9,732 posts, read 14,286,897 times

Advertisements

We're waiting as a cool front comes in. What have you been waiting for recently? Checks in the Mail

It's kind of boring. Other than the internet or TV what things do you do when bored? 1) I'm always too busy, and hardly bored. 2) For entertainment, I buy tickets for Tribute Bands/Concerts at our local theatre.

What foods do you find boring? Most Sandwiches

Do you jazz up any boring foods? No, I find something else to eat

What jobs or tasks have bored you? Doing Taxes

Who will post Sunday's questions? Let's decide. ????? Sounds like herding cats, to me!
"Not sure if he/she committed to it on an ongoing basis. And it is every other Sunday unless Bayarea4 gives up her weeks." (Peg)

thanks, Peg

Last edited by rdlr; 09-09-2023 at 03:50 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2023, 06:07 AM

126,305 posts, read 19,089,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PegE View Post
In the absence of Alaskan Mutt I'm posting these.

We're waiting as a cool front comes in. What have you been waiting for recently? .............Cooler weather

It's kind of boring. Other than the internet or TV what things do you do when bored? ............I rarely get bored.I always have a book with me or I spend time outside

What foods do you find boring?.............I don't make boring food

Do you jazz up any boring foods? ..........See above

What jobs or tasks have bored you? .........Window washing and ironing

Who will post Sunday's questions? Let's decide.................

Thank you Peg for filling in

Old 09-09-2023, 06:17 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,064,332 times
In the absence of Alaskan Mutt I'm posting these. Thanks PegE.

We're waiting as a cool front comes in. What have you been waiting for recently? UPS said packages would be delivered Thursday, any time before 7PM (arrived 6:50P). A random apartment complex annual insurance inspection yesterday by their insurers (I apparently wasn't chosen ), to see butterflies where I live (worst year for it since last year). Saw a lot of moths and bees, though. Waiting to see some hawks that usually show up in September around here. Also September (and April) is when the leaves turn from ugly summer green to pretty chartreuse green for photos so waiting for that. Waited for that blue supermoon for 2 hours but cloud cover obscured it. Waited for a speech last night from South Dakota that was delayed from early evening to almost 10P due to weather where the plane took off from. And like you, waiting for some colder weather.

It's kind of boring. Other than the internet or TV what things do you do when bored? When I was in the workforce, I changed jobs with the same employer then got myself a job with project management being a part of it. Project management is great for people who get bored easily because projects, unlike programs, have a beginning and an end so you know you'll be doing something different, soon. Last movie I saw was The House on Telegraph Hill (an old black & white movie starring Richard Basehart.) Wondered if I could see Bay's home from there since she once said she lives on a hill. Looked it up on the Internet later to see if it was actually filmed in San Francisco. It was. Good movie, too. Sometimes record old movies to watch when I'm bored. Also, I read books. And a lot of times I edit photos but don't have to go on the Internet to do that. They are standalone software programs. Naps are good.

What foods do you find boring? Don't get excited about food and now that I'm grown up, don't eat things unless I want to or skip a meal.

Do you jazz up any boring foods? No. Plain eater here.

What jobs or tasks have bored you? Anything to do with housework/cleaning. Going to the doctor when I'm not sick (wellness visit, annual exams by assorted doctors). Picking up mail (I'd vote for a twice a month mail delivery if asked) or prescriptions. Cleaning out my inbox from all of the spam. I don't think I have any politicians left to block.

Who will post Sunday's questions? Let's decide. Maybe we should end the QOTD.

Old 09-09-2023, 06:43 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,064,561 times
Please don't end the QOTD!

By the way, good morning, PegE, and thank you!

We're waiting as a cool front comes in. What have you been waiting for recently? Same cool front as you! I woke up last night to tons of lightning and thunder and some blessed rain! WOOHOOO!!!!! Highs only in the mid 90s! Whoop!

It's kind of boring. Other than the internet or TV what things do you do when bored? I am never bored but I do love to read. Currently I am reading a book about the Kennedy family on Hyannis Port.

What foods do you find boring? Never bored. But I do find some foods, like oatmeal, to be less than inspiring!

Do you jazz up any boring foods? Not that I can think of. I just don't eat them.

What jobs or tasks have bored you? None I can think of. Oh, taxes. But they cause me more anxiety than boredom. Oh, wait, I was very bored picking up a prescription yesterday, which took me half an hour to do, mostly just waiting in a line of cars. And it was just for one day of antibiotics because I am getting my teeth cleaned and I have a titanium elbow.

Old 09-09-2023, 07:22 AM

61,875 posts, read 87,361,740 times

We're waiting as a cool front comes in. What have you been waiting for recently?

The hot Summer to end.

It's kind of boring. Other than the internet or TV what things do you do when bored?

Can't say that I ever feel bored for long. There is always something to do around here. While l don't always feel motivated, I find things that l like to do.

What foods do you find boring?

Scheduled food - every week the same ol'. So predictable, nothing to get excited about. Bland food. Food lacking creativity. Highly processed food. I know someone who for the last 50 years eats oatmeal for breakfast. Never, EVER anything else. Just plain boring oatmeal cooked with water. Depressing...

Do you jazz up any boring foods?

I don't cook or order that stuff. But I would try to season it and compliment with add-ons. Try different cooking techniques. Use different ingredients.

What jobs or tasks have bored you?

l could imagine that mindless repetitions would bore me. Or jobs that don't require any skills or using own brain - like tasks that need to strictly follow instructions (or follow directions given by others). Thankfully, I didn't have to do any of that.

Who will post Sunday's questions? Let's decide.

It will be a surprise! Thank you PegE!! Have a great weekend, peeps!

We shouldn't end QOTD!!!

Old 09-09-2023, 07:36 AM

7,379 posts, read 5,493,280 times

We're waiting as a cool front comes in. What have you been waiting for recently? Our cool front is here already. Labor Day was 94 degrees and by Wednesday it was in the 60’s-70’s.

It's kind of boring. Other than the internet or TV what things do you do when bored? Go for a walk. Read a book.

What foods do you find boring? Vegetables

Do you jazz up any boring foods? Put cheese sauce on it.

What jobs or tasks have bored you? Cleaning the bathtub.

Who will post Sunday's questions? Let's decided.

Thank you!

Old 09-09-2023, 09:21 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,813,463 times
[quote=PegE;65804664]In the absence of Alaskan Mutt I'm posting these.

We're waiting as a cool front comes in. What have you been waiting for recently?
Our cold front arrived a couple of days ago.
It's kind of boring. Other than the internet or TV what things do you do when bored?
Go out in the yard and play with mommy opossum. She's been here for 3 days now. I found her in some rubble with her babies yesterday. She showed me those big scary teeth so I booped her on the nose with a piece of chicken. They don't bite. They're very docile. P.J. (Possum Jr. was here last night sitting on thr arbor where Possum used to hang out. I fed them all. Momma eats from my hand under the deck.
Garbanzo beans. Lima beans
There is nothing you can do to jazz those up.
Cleaning house.

Thanks Peg.

Well come good news today. We found a concrete guy who is half of what the others wanted, but we have to wait until December. He said he will knock $1,000 off the price. The bad news is all of those concrete slabs have to come out. I guess I'll be living with a dirt floor in the laundry room for a few months.

Old 09-09-2023, 10:10 AM

44,376 posts, read 20,094,272 times
In the absence of Alaskan Mutt I'm posting these. Thanks for filling in, PegE!

We're waiting as a cool front comes in. What have you been waiting for recently? My next travel adventure with my boyfriend, which will take place in about 2.5 months.

It's kind of boring. Other than the internet or TV what things do you do when bored? Go for a walk or work out in the gym. I joined a gym in June and am thoroughly enjoying going every day. It's been a real game changer for me.

What foods do you find boring? Foods that are not made from fresh ingredients and which lack herbs and spices to make them interesting and delectable.

Do you jazz up any boring foods? Sure. I love to add herbs and/or spices to foods.

What jobs or tasks have bored you? Required reading when I was in school. I always loved to read, UNLESS I was told what to read. When I knew I didn't have a choice, I always was bored and had difficulty finishing a book for school.

Who will post Sunday's questions? Not I! Let's decide. Thanks again for filling in today, PegE.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 09-09-2023, 10:50 AM

24,506 posts, read 26,051,503 times
A long needed road trip.

Read, I have a bunch of National Geographics to catch up on.

Sauer kraut, bean casseroles.

Not much can help the 2 above, our spice cabinet handles anything that needs help.

Yardwork, in/out side house painting and plumbing.

Something to think about. There has always been a issue of getting burned out coming up with new or different questions to try to keep the QOTD from getting shall we say stale or repetitive.
My thought is to change from7 days a week to 5.

Long live Kakla with a K's idea.

Old 09-09-2023, 11:28 AM

12,426 posts, read 2,980,523 times
I don't see how that would help, motormaker. The questions aren't done by one person anymore.

No one has committed to Sunday then? Not even just tomorrow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics