Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2023, 12:31 PM

6,873 posts, read 4,873,766 times

Advertisements

I can do tomorrow. I'm a little afraid of commitment because I don't want to forget, but I am willing to give Sundays a try. I won't be offended if I get fired.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2023, 12:58 PM

12,322 posts, read 2,970,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Twist View Post
I can do tomorrow. I'm a little afraid of commitment because I don't want to forget, but I am willing to give Sundays a try. I won't be offended if I get fired.
You won't get fired, E-Twist. Your contribution is appreciated

Old 09-09-2023, 01:15 PM

That said, does anyone want to share the Saturday questions with me every other week or do you want them to yourself? Either way.

Old 09-09-2023, 01:33 PM

3,105 posts, read 2,006,959 times
We're waiting as a cool front comes in. What have you been waiting for recently?

The Canadian wildfires have affected our entire summer here in Iowa. I haven't been able to be outdoors for even an hour in months.

The air smells of smoke, the sky is often brown & there were a few times we had giant ash flakes "snowing". So, I'm waiting to be able to make it from my car to the bldg door without having to take a deep breath, hold it & run so I don't get an asthma attack.

I feel badly for the people/animals in Canada. And, here, no one is outdoors... all the skateboarders, bikers, roller skaters, runners & walkers have had to remain indoors.

It's kind of boring. Other than the internet or TV what things do you do when bored?

I'm never bored... my life has always been the opposite. Downtime is not something I ever have. I'm also too restless a person to even sit still to watch a movie... I'm cleaning, working, cooking, creating or doing something while listening to a flick. I can't even sit down to read, unless it's small doses, then a flurry of activity, then another small dose of reading.

I'm not OCD... I'm capable of sitting still for long days of driving in the car or when working in a cubicle... I'm just ambitious & feel there's always something else to do than sit & drink iced tea on a rocker... cuz then, there's too much small talk which bores me & I cannot tolerate it, so I'd leave. Unless my mind is engaged in working on something, sitting still makes me feel like I want to scrape off my skin.

What foods do you find boring?

Any food not made with care & it's just something, anything churned out to feed the masses. You can taste love of cooking or dislike of having to cook in the food.

Do you jazz up any boring foods?

I cook & bake almost everything from scratch, so it's made with lots of flavorful spices & herbs... I don't make any food I'd call boring.

Occasionally, I like just a couple pieces of rye toast with butter for a meal... maybe someone else would find that boring. I like it cuz it's a rarity.

What jobs or tasks have bored you?

Small talk or self-important yammering. No, I don't want to see pics of your kids or dogs. As an introvert who is depleted by interaction with others... more & more from year to year... I have little patience when feeling forced to listen to someone who is talking at me not with me, whether it be at work or off-work.

I also don't like to talk about myself... I already know the story & feel like I'm being interviewed when pummeled with q after q. Yeah, I know... I'm not a people person, but pretend to be one to venture out into the world to earn money to pay my landlord. Most assume I'm extroverted because I'm very personable & smile easily cuz I feel I have to... I'm not at all but feel like I have to play the role when outside, mainly for work. I don't dislike others, I'm just depleted by conversation, music, noise. loud voices... it's almost maddening to not feel 'normal'.

Who will post Sunday's questions? Let's decide.

I'm new to the thread, but the Bernard Pivot questionnaire is fun. James Lipton offered an updated version of it on his Inside the Actor's Studio TV show.

Old 09-09-2023, 02:09 PM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,401,990 times
We're waiting as a cool front comes in. What have you been waiting for recently?
The mail. Daily. Like everyone else, autumn, these days.
It's kind of boring. Other than the internet or TV what things do you do when bored?
Find something to do around the house or yard. There's always something.
The white starch foods are boring without something on them: rice, pasta, bread, potatoes.
Spanish rice, buttered rice, spaghetti sauce, sandwich fillings, ketchup.
Waiting. I'd rather keep busy.
Looks like E-Twist will. Thank you, E-Twist.

Keep the Saturday Qs, PegE. I'd miss your to-the-point questions!

Old 09-09-2023, 02:48 PM

1,372 posts, read 615,247 times
In the absence of Alaskan Mutt I'm posting these.

### it’s been brutal here in the NE with the heat and humidity. I welcome Fall

### Read, cook.

###

### if they’re bland, yes

### Being put out on hold for an eternity when tasked to resolve an issue

THX, for the questions PegE

Old 09-09-2023, 06:45 PM

35,081 posts, read 17,033,734 times
In the absence of Alaskan Mutt I'm posting these. Thank you.

We're waiting as a cool front comes in. What have you been waiting for recently? Godot, and luggage.

It's kind of boring. Other than the internet or TV what things do you do when bored? Read accumulated NY Times.

What foods do you find boring? Not sure.

Do you jazz up any boring foods? Hot sauce

What jobs or tasks have bored you? Certain bankruptcy-law tasks

Who will post Sunday's questions? Let's decide.PegE, Rainroosty, BJH

Old 09-09-2023, 07:07 PM

3,126 posts, read 1,015,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PegE View Post
That said, does anyone want to share the Saturday questions with me every other week or do you want them to yourself? Either way.
Peg, what I can do to help is:

- I'll send you the questions for 3 days. So...3 sets of questions that you can post in the future here, on 3 different Saturdays. When you don't have time to think about it, you just copy/paste one of my set of questions and post them here fast.

Is this OK? What do you think?

(I can send you more sets of questions in the future. But I can't post them myself because I'm not online often during the weekend. And even during the week, I try to limit the use of screens as much as possible).

Old 09-09-2023, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by farm108 View Post
Peg, what I can do to help is:

- I'll send you the questions for 3 days. So...3 sets of questions that you can post in the future here, on 3 different Saturdays. When you don't have time to think about it, you just copy/paste one of my set of questions and post them here fast.

Is this OK? What do you think?

(I can send you more sets of questions in the future. But I can't post them myself because I'm not online often during the weekend. And even during the week, I try to limit the use of screens as much as possible).
That sounds good, farm108. Anyone sending questions will get a mention. FYI I may edit them. Thanks.

Old 09-10-2023, 08:31 PM

5,903 posts, read 3,797,358 times
A rug that I ordered, and the cooler weather also.

Listen to music and clean, or just listen to music and scroll on social media. Take a walk, when it's not too freaking hot. Talk on the phone, write mostly.

Some desserts, like chocolate mousse or pudding. They are boring. If I'm going to eat something with that many calories it's going to taste good. Why eat it if it's just meh?

not really, I don't cook much and when I do, I use salt, garlic powder, onion powder, onion salt, garlic salt and oregano, depending on what it is. Maybe something else if I'm following a recipe.

Anything monotonous or repetitive. I worked in a lot of offices, and some of those jobs bored me to death.

Thanks PegE.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics