Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2023, 05:55 AM

30,706 posts, read 16,347,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Welcome to QOTD Retro Christmas. Some of the questions, except a few I added, were asked by other QOTDers on 12/25 or 12/24 of previous years, more than 3 years ago. Their CD names are credited and the year they asked them has been noted.

THE QUESTIONS

Anyone working today (Christmas)? (bjh - 2012)
not since I retired

For those who are not celebrating a holiday this week, what kinds of things do you enjoy doing while everyone else is off the roads and out of the way? (7G9C4J2 - 2012)

Did you have to assemble any gift you gave this year? What was it? (me – 2023)
no gifts so no assembly

If you have any pets, what gift(s) did you give them for Christmas or Hanukkah (which was earlier this month)? (me – 2023)
Pest doesn't get any special gifts.

Did you put out a blow-up Santa or other blow-up doll? (wit-nit - 2016)
no

If you’re gift-giving during these holidays: were the presents wrapped by you, a store employee, or someone else ? (cloven - 2018)
not wrapped

Have you ever purchased a live Christmas tree that you could plant? If yes, how did it work out? (me- 2023)

yes quite a few years ago. It died.

There are 3 states that do not grow Christmas trees. Can you name any? (John encouraged people to guess – Answers, later today) (John13 - 2019)
no idea

Part two: What two states grow the most trees? (John encouraged people to guess – Answers later today) (John13 - 2019)
no idea

What kind of weather including high temperature is predicted for Christmas Day where you live? (me – 2023)
in the 40s- too warm for this time of year.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jokes and Puns (nothing to answer)

There are 100 of these type of family-friendly Christmas jokes and puns on the Good Housekeeping website if you want to try them out today on family and friends.

Merry Christmas! Drive safely if you are traveling by car. Don’t forget to look up for mistletoe if you will be in a home that is not your own. And most important, after your wonderful meal on Christmas Day, remember not to put your sharp knives in the dishwasher.
thanks, Laura. Merry Christmas everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2023, 06:11 AM

50,459 posts, read 64,317,889 times
THE QUESTIONS

Anyone working today (Christmas)? (bjh - 2012) No

For those who are not celebrating a holiday this week, what kinds of things do you enjoy doing while everyone else is off the roads and out of the way? (7G9C4J2 - 2012) NA

No

If you have any pets, what gift(s) did you give them for Christmas or Hanukkah (which was earlier this month)? (me – 2023) Oh dear. I’m a bad dog mother.

Did you put out a blow-up Santa or other blow-up doll? (wit-nit - 2016) No

If you’re gift-giving during these holidays: were the presents wrapped by you, a store employee, or someone else ? (cloven - 2018)
I like wrapping.

Have you ever purchased a live Christmas tree that you could plant? If yes, how did it work out? (me- 2023)
Yes, we have done that a few times, and it grew nicely.

There are 3 states that do not grow Christmas trees. Can you name any? (John encouraged people to guess – Answers, later today) (John13 - 2019) I’m guessing FL, but IDK.

Part two: What two states grow the most trees? (John encouraged people to guess – Answers later today) (John13 - 2019) ?

What kind of weather including high temperature is predicted for Christmas Day where you live? (me – 2023)
Cloudy, rain, in the 60s.

Old 12-25-2023, 06:48 AM

7,398 posts, read 5,512,445 times
Welcome to QOTD Retro Christmas. Some of the questions, except a few I added, were asked by other QOTDers on 12/25 or 12/24 of previous years, more than 3 years ago. Their CD names are credited and the year they asked them has been noted.

THE QUESTIONS

Anyone working today (Christmas)? (bjh - 2012) no, retired.

For those who are not celebrating a holiday this week, what kinds of things do you enjoy doing while everyone else is off the roads and out of the way? (7G9C4J2 - 2012)

Did you have to assemble any gift you gave this year? What was it? (me – 2023) no

If you have any pets, what gift(s) did you give them for Christmas or Hanukkah (which was earlier this month)? (me – 2023) I bought a toy for my new granddog.

Did you put out a blow-up Santa or other blow-up doll? (wit-nit - 2016) no

If you’re gift-giving during these holidays: were the presents wrapped by you, a store employee, or someone else ? (cloven - 2018) me

Have you ever purchased a live Christmas tree that you could plant? If yes, how did it work out? (me- 2023) no

There are 3 states that do not grow Christmas trees. Can you name any? (John encouraged people to guess – Answers, later today) (John13 - 2019) no

Part two: What two states grow the most trees? (John encouraged people to guess – Answers later today) (John13 - 2019) no idea

What kind of weather including high temperature is predicted for Christmas Day where you live? (me – 2023) unseasonably warm for us. 56 for a high, but rain.

There are 100 of these type of family-friendly Christmas jokes and puns on the Good Housekeeping website if you want to try them out today on family and friends.

Merry Christmas! Drive safely if you are traveling by car. Don’t forget to look up for mistletoe if you will be in a home that is not your own. And most important, after your wonderful meal on Christmas Day, remember not to put your sharp knives in the dishwasher.[/quote]

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

Old 12-25-2023, 09:49 AM

7,487 posts, read 8,023,118 times
Greetings folks. I am still alive and kicking.

If you have any pets, what gift(s) did you give them for Christmas or Hanukkah (which was earlier this month)? (me – 2023)

-One year I got my pet rock a flea collar as a present. I don't think it liked it much as it never put it on.

Old 12-25-2023, 09:57 AM

24,568 posts, read 26,123,714 times
THE QUESTIONS

Not me.

Actually not much.

Nope, naughty kitty.

I are the Bag Man.

There are 3 states that do not grow Christmas trees. Can you name any? (John encouraged people to guess – Answers, later today) (John13 - 2019)
HI, TX, LA

Part two: What two states grow the most trees? (John encouraged people to guess – Answers later today) (John13 - 2019)
WA, OR

50-60 F but sunny.

Merry Christmas! Drive safely if you are traveling by car. Don’t forget to look up for mistletoe if you will be in a home that is not your own. And most important, after your wonderful meal on Christmas Day, remember not to put your sharp knives in the dishwasher.

Thanx LauraC

Old 12-25-2023, 10:40 AM

37,819 posts, read 41,126,784 times
THE QUESTIONS

Not me.

For those who are not celebrating a holiday this week, what kinds of things do you enjoy doing while everyone else is off the roads and out of the way? (7G9C4J2 - 2012) After I call my sister in Texas, I am going to watch 2 movies: The Boys From Brazil (have seen before) and Forrest Gump (never saw).

Did you have to assemble any gift you gave this year? What was it? (me – 2023) No assembly

If you have any pets, what gift(s) did you give them for Christmas or Hanukkah (which was earlier this month)? (me – 2023) No pets

Did you put out a blow-up Santa or other blow-up doll? (wit-nit - 2016) I don't have enough air in me to blow up a balloon without getting a headache but thought the question was funny to think of a blow-up doll outside anyone's home.

If you’re gift-giving during these holidays: were the presents wrapped by you, a store employee, or someone else ? (cloven - 2018) The store takes care of wrapping and shipping.

Have you ever purchased a live Christmas tree that you could plant? If yes, how did it work out? (me- 2023) I have not but like the idea of it.

There are 3 states that do not grow Christmas trees. Can you name any? (John encouraged people to guess – Answers, later today) (John13 - 2019) I had no idea when I looked at John's question but I guess it's Hawaii, Nevada and Arizona (all 3 wrong ). John said, at the time, according to a map published by NBC, there were no tree farms in ---

Spoiler
New Mexico, South Dakota, Wyoming

Part two: What two states grow the most trees? (John encouraged people to guess – Answers later today) (John13 - 2019) I guessed Washington State and Oregon. Got one right. John said the two states that grow the most trees are ---

Spoiler
Oregon and North Carolina

What kind of weather including high temperature is predicted for Christmas Day where you live? (me – 2023) 60 degrees and a 100 percent chance of rain...which is why I'm not going outside.

Thank you for the reps this year.

Old 12-25-2023, 11:19 AM

126,390 posts, read 19,147,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post

THE QUESTIONS

Anyone working today (Christmas)? (bjh - 2012).........No

Did you have to assemble any gift you gave this year? What was it? (me – 2023)..........No

If you have any pets, what gift(s) did you give them for Christmas or Hanukkah (which was earlier this month)? (me – 2023)........N/A

Did you put out a blow-up Santa or other blow-up doll? (wit-nit - 2016).........No

If you’re gift-giving during these holidays: were the presents wrapped by you, a store employee, or someone else ? (cloven - 2018).........By me

Have you ever purchased a live Christmas tree that you could plant? If yes, how did it work out? (me- 2023) .........Not to plant

There are 3 states that do not grow Christmas trees. Can you name any? (John encouraged people to guess – Answers, later today) (John13 - 2019)..........N/A

Part two: What two states grow the most trees? (John encouraged people to guess – Answers later today) (John13 - 2019)........N/A

What kind of weather including high temperature is predicted for Christmas Day where you live? (me – 2023)........Foggy an around 5 ish Celsius

Thank you and Merry Christmas!

Old 12-25-2023, 12:07 PM

1,403 posts, read 633,891 times
THE QUESTIONS

### Retired

### Peace, quiet, surrounded by nature in the Catskills.

###

### No pets for now.

### But I’m wondering why that Q made me LOL!

### Me

###

### I cheated

### I cheated here too.

### 50° and cloudy for the rest of the day. We should be in the 30’s with a bit of snow on the ground. No fun.

Quote:
https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/hol...ristmas-jokes/

Why did the scarecrow get a big Christmas bonus?

Spoiler

What does Santa suffer from if he gets stuck in a chimney?

Spoiler

How do the elves clean Santa's sleigh on the day after Christmas?

Spoiler

Who is a Christmas tree's favorite singer?

Spoiler

Knock, knock! Who’s there? Anna. Anna who?

Spoiler

Merry Christmas! Drive safely if you are traveling by car. Don’t forget to look up for mistletoe if you will be in a home that is not your own. And most important, after your wonderful meal on Christmas Day, remember not to put your sharp knives in the dishwasher

### Whatever Holiday everyone here celebrates have fun, eat the goodies in moderation, enjoy your loved ones and Don’t Sweat The Small Stuff.

### Thanks for the Q’s and funnies LauraC it was fun what you did, a round of applause for the OP of some of the questions.

Old 12-25-2023, 06:59 PM

427 posts, read 162,933 times
I'm not, thank goodness.

Not applicable, as I celebrate Christmas/Winter Solstice.

No, my gifts to others were pretty simple.

My parents got my dog a toy. She's very spoiled! lol

I have a blow-up Gingerbread Unicorn in our backyard.

I wrapped them. For better or for worse.

No. We have had a live tree before, I think the last time was 2009, but it wasn't plantable. Any plants I have tried to take care have been a disaster.

I have no clue and I don't want to try to guess. lol

^^

Today was predicted to be in the 40s. It was warm at midnight and cooled off. The day was in the 30s. =)

Old 12-25-2023, 08:12 PM

3,212 posts, read 1,062,266 times
Good evening and Merry Christmas!

Anyone working today (Christmas)?
No.
For those who are not celebrating a holiday this week, what kinds of things do you enjoy doing while everyone else is off the roads and out of the way?
I'm celebrating.
Did you have to assemble any gift you gave this year? What was it?
No, I gave them in their own boxes. Toys for children.
If you have any pets, what gift(s) did you give them for Christmas?
Nothing for my cat, but she's very spoiled. I sent something for my brother's cat (a cat bed).
Did you put out a blow-up Santa or other blow-up doll?
No.
If you’re gift-giving during these holidays: were the presents wrapped by you, a store employee, or someone else ?
They were not wrapped. It was a donation and we were supposed to give them new in their own boxes.
Yes. But I didn't purchase it. We got it for free from an old friend of my maternal grandfather. We were young (kids) and that year our parents could not find a Christmas tree. So a friend of my grandfather offered his own tree for free. We got it in a big container and after Christmas we gave it back. We planted it back in his garden. The tree is there even today, my mom told me.
There are 3 states that do not grow Christmas trees. Can you name any?
I have no idea.
Part two: What two states grow the most trees?
Montana and California? I have no clue.
What kind of weather including high temperature is predicted for Christmas Day where you live?
Nice weather, max 65 F and low 37 F.

Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics