Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2023, 08:23 PM

37,805 posts, read 41,091,164 times

Advertisements

Welcome to QOTD Retro Christmas. Some of the questions, except a few I added, were asked by other QOTDers on 12/25 or 12/24 of previous years, more than 3 years ago. Their CD names are credited and the year they asked them has been noted.

THE QUESTIONS

Anyone working today (Christmas)? (bjh - 2012)

For those who are not celebrating a holiday this week, what kinds of things do you enjoy doing while everyone else is off the roads and out of the way? (7G9C4J2 - 2012)

Did you have to assemble any gift you gave this year? What was it? (me – 2023)

If you have any pets, what gift(s) did you give them for Christmas or Hanukkah (which was earlier this month)? (me – 2023)

Did you put out a blow-up Santa or other blow-up doll? (wit-nit - 2016)

If you’re gift-giving during these holidays: were the presents wrapped by you, a store employee, or someone else ? (cloven - 2018)

Have you ever purchased a live Christmas tree that you could plant? If yes, how did it work out? (me- 2023)

There are 3 states that do not grow Christmas trees. Can you name any? (John encouraged people to guess – Answers, later today) (John13 - 2019)

Part two: What two states grow the most trees? (John encouraged people to guess – Answers later today) (John13 - 2019)

What kind of weather including high temperature is predicted for Christmas Day where you live? (me – 2023)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jokes and Puns (nothing to answer)

There are 100 of these type of family-friendly Christmas jokes and puns on the Good Housekeeping website if you want to try them out today on family and friends.

Quote:
https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/hol...ristmas-jokes/

Why did the scarecrow get a big Christmas bonus?

Spoiler
Because he was outstanding in his field.

What does Santa suffer from if he gets stuck in a chimney?

Spoiler
Claus-trophobia!

How do the elves clean Santa's sleigh on the day after Christmas?

Spoiler
They use Santa-tizer.

Who is a Christmas tree's favorite singer?

Spoiler
Spruce Springsteen.

Knock, knock! Who’s there? Anna. Anna who?

Spoiler
Anna partridge in a pear tree.”

Merry Christmas! Drive safely if you are traveling by car. Don’t forget to look up for mistletoe if you will be in a home that is not your own. And most important, after your wonderful meal on Christmas Day, remember not to put your sharp knives in the dishwasher.

Last edited by LauraC; 12-24-2023 at 08:35 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2023, 08:35 PM

21,594 posts, read 8,762,243 times
THE QUESTIONS

No, but I've done that.
For those who are not celebrating a holiday this week, what kinds of things do you enjoy doing while everyone else is off the roads and out of the way? (7G9C4J2 - 2012)
N/A
No, everything I gave was already put together.
If you have any pets, what gift(s) did you give them for Christmas or Hanukkah (which was earlier this month)? (me – 2023)
No pets here.
No, I dislike those types of decorations.
If you’re gift-giving during these holidays: were the presents wrapped by you, a store employee, or someone else ? (cloven - 2018)
I wrapped them myself.
Have you ever purchased a live Christmas tree that you could plant? If yes, how did it work out? (me- 2023)
I always get a cut tree.
There are 3 states that do not grow Christmas trees. Can you name any? (John encouraged people to guess – Answers, later today) (John13 - 2019)
Hawaii, Texas, Arizona? Just guessing.
Part two: What two states grow the most trees? (John encouraged people to guess – Answers later today) (John13 - 2019)
Oregon, Michigan? Again, I'm just guessing.
What kind of weather including high temperature is predicted for Christmas Day where you live? (me – 2023)
We're expecting a high of 57ºF/13.8ºC.

There are 100 of these type of family-friendly Christmas jokes and puns on the Good Housekeeping website if you want to try them out today on family and friends.

Merry Christmas! Drive safely if you are traveling by car. Don’t forget to look up for mistletoe if you will be in a home that is not your own. And most important, after your wonderful meal on Christmas Day, remember not to put your sharp knives in the dishwasher.

Thanks, LauraC, and Merry Christmas to you!

Old 12-24-2023, 09:10 PM
bjh

60,147 posts, read 30,468,905 times
Great idea, LauraC.

THE QUESTIONS
Not this year. I have in years past.
what kinds of things do you enjoy doing while everyone else is off the roads and out of the way? (7G9C4J2 - 2012)
Going to Chinese buffets?
No.
I did get an expensive food the cats like. And I told them "Merry Christmas" when I fed them.
Nope. I thought about a snowman inflatable we have, but don't have an easy way to inflate it.
n/a
Haven't.
Hawaii I think is a certainty. Watch it be wrong. Maybe New Mexico and Utah?
Wild guesses: North Carolina and Pennsylvania.
We have a cold front coming in that will put us in the 50s.

Old 12-24-2023, 09:14 PM

6,907 posts, read 4,924,585 times
Not working xmas, unless I decide to stack a little wood.

I am not assembling anything.

I never gove pets xmas prez.

I don't like blow up decorations.

I use gift bags. I gave up wrapping years ago. I was good at it, tho

I've never bought a Xmas tree to plant later. I have, however, planted thousands of Douglas, noble, Sequoia, and various other trees over the past 30 years.

I'll guess hawaii, nevada,, and wyoming for not producing xmas trees.

I believe Oregon is the number one producer of xmas trees. Also hazelnuts. I'll give California and Washington as guesses.

It will be 51° with rain tomorrow.

Old 12-24-2023, 09:43 PM

44,664 posts, read 61,759,412 times
THE QUESTIONS

Anyone working today (Christmas)? (bjh - 2012) Nada.

For those who are not celebrating a holiday this week, what kinds of things do you enjoy doing while everyone else is off the roads and out of the way? (7G9C4J2 - 2012) n/a

Did you have to assemble any gift you gave this year? What was it? (me – 2023) n/a

If you have any pets, what gift(s) did you give them for Christmas or Hanukkah (which was earlier this month)? (me – 2023) n/a

Did you put out a blow-up Santa or other blow-up doll? (wit-nit - 2016) Nada.

If you’re gift-giving during these holidays: were the presents wrapped by you, a store employee, or someone else ? (cloven - 2018) No presents this year.

Have you ever purchased a live Christmas tree that you could plant? Nada. If yes, how did it work out? (me- 2023)

There are 3 states that do not grow Christmas trees. Can you name any? (John encouraged people to guess – Answers, later today) (John13 - 2019) I believe all US States grow xmas trees.
[/b]
Part two: What two states grow the most trees? (John encouraged people to guess – Answers later today) (John13 - 2019) Oregon and No. Carolina.

What kind of weather including high temperature is predicted for Christmas Day where you live? (me – 2023) 65/45 F

Old 12-24-2023, 11:23 PM

14,824 posts, read 8,160,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Welcome to QOTD Retro Christmas. Some of the questions, except a few I added, were asked by other QOTDers on 12/25 or 12/24 of previous years, more than 3 years ago. Their CD names are credited and the year they asked them has been noted.

THE QUESTIONS

No, I am retired.
I am celebrating.
Nope.
If you have any pets, what gift(s) did you give them for Christmas or Hanukkah (which was earlier this month)? (me – 2023)Yes, some little toys in a stocking, a case of tuna.

No.
Gift bags!
No.
No clue!
Taking a wild guess....Vermont and Washington State.
(LOL, just asked google, boy was I wrong!)

Rainy high of 55

Thanks for the questions and the jokes!

Old 12-25-2023, 01:36 AM

12,515 posts, read 2,988,955 times
All 50 states grow Christmas trees.

Old 12-25-2023, 02:39 AM

11,392 posts, read 9,314,596 times

I remember those.

As usual I researched. May be different today, IDK...

THE QUESTIONS

Anyone working today (Christmas)? (bjh - 2012) - Nope, I'm getting a paid day off.

For those who are not celebrating a holiday this week, what kinds of things do you enjoy doing while everyone else is off the roads and out of the way? (7G9C4J2 - 2012) - Nothing special, just a paid day off.

Did you have to assemble any gift you gave this year? What was it? (me – 2023) - I do not take part in any gift exchange.

If you have any pets, what gift(s) did you give them for Christmas or Hanukkah (which was earlier this month)? (me – 2023) - No pets here.

Did you put out a blow-up Santa or other blow-up doll? (wit-nit - 2016) - Nooooo.

If you’re gift-giving during these holidays: were the presents wrapped by you, a store employee, or someone else ? (cloven - 2018) - I donated a pint of blood yesterday...

Have you ever purchased a live Christmas tree that you could plant? If yes, how did it work out? (me- 2023) - I never planted a tree.

Yielding to others...

What kind of weather including high temperature is predicted for Christmas Day where you live? (me – 2023) - Sunny, mid-50s.

Thanks, Laura!

Old 12-25-2023, 04:49 AM

9,743 posts, read 14,302,535 times
Anyone working today (Christmas)? (bjh - 2012) I'm going to Mass this morning, then working from my home office the rest of the day. I'm an independent contractor and work for Veterans, almost all the time (by choice). Our family get-together was at my place, last evening.

For those who are not celebrating a holiday this week, what kinds of things do you enjoy doing while everyone else is off the roads and out of the way? (7G9C4J2 - 2012) I celebrate Christmas, but I'm working and meeting deadlines so Veterans can close on their home settlements before the end of the year.

Did you have to assemble any gift you gave this year? What was it? (me – 2023) No

If you have any pets, what gift(s) did you give them for Christmas or Hanukkah (which was earlier this month)? (me – 2023) No pets, and No

Did you put out a blow-up Santa or other blow-up doll? (wit-nit - 2016) No

If you’re gift-giving during these holidays: were the presents wrapped by you, a store employee, or someone else ? (cloven - 2018) Gifts were sent by US Postal Service.

Have you ever purchased a live Christmas tree that you could plant? Yes. If yes, how did it work out? (me- 2023) They always grow. I have about 15 in my back yard.

There are 3 states that do not grow Christmas trees. Can you name any? (John encouraged people to guess – Answers, later today) (John13 - 2019) I think all states grow trees. This year, mine came from Hawaii.

Part two: What two states grow the most trees? (John encouraged people to guess – Answers later today) (John13 - 2019) Just a guess...Colorado

It will be in the 50's today

Merry Christmas!

Old 12-25-2023, 05:39 AM

7,992 posts, read 5,408,238 times
Good Morning, Happy Holidays!

THE QUESTIONS

For those who are not celebrating a holiday this week, what kinds of things do you enjoy doing while everyone else is off the roads and out of the way? (7G9C4J2 - 2012) n/a

If you have any pets, what gift(s) did you give them for Christmas or Hanukkah (which was earlier this month)? (me – 2023) oops--forgot to buy my son's dog a gift

Did not

If you’re gift-giving during these holidays: were the presents wrapped by you, a store employee, or someone else ? (cloven - 2018) Wrapped by me--I do enjoy gift wrapping

Have you ever purchased a live Christmas tree that you could plant? If yes, how did it work out? (me- 2023) Have never done that.

Part two: What two states grow the most trees? (John encouraged people to guess – Answers later today) (John13 - 2019) I would guess North Carolina and Oregon

What kind of weather including high temperature is predicted for Christmas Day where you live? (me – 2023) 53 degrees F, sunny (a bit disappointed, would rather have it a bit cold)

My favorite Christmas song: https://youtu.be/GGZ2iQvJuw8?si=W8A4izEARYjS0Cfo

Enjoy the day
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics