Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2023, 10:54 AM

3,070 posts, read 1,681,572 times

Advertisements

Today’s Questions:
What color are your eyes? They're actually dark green but I just say hazel.

What color is (or was) your hair? Dark brown.

What are you doing (if anything) to ring in the New Year? This year we're staying home and will watch Dick Clark's NYs Countdown.

What was the best thing that happened to you in 2023? I made it through it. It's been a terrible year for us.

Is there anything that you’re looking forward to, or that you hope to accomplish, in 2024? All I really want is for challenging issues to get resolved. Would also like a road trip.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2023, 12:46 PM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,387,317 times
Today’s Questions:
What color are your eyes?
bluish grayish greenish
What color is (or was) your hair?
what hair? I'm getting gray around the muzzle. What's left of my head hair is still dark blond.
What are you doing (if anything) to ring in the New Year?
nothing special or different
What was the best thing that happened to you in 2023?
unexpected income
Is there anything that you’re looking forward to, or that you hope to accomplish, in 2024?
more unexpected income? I agree with gentlearts it's like a game to save money (and to make money from new sources). It's fun getting good deals. Downsizing continues. Might make some day trips this upcoming year.

Thanks, Bay!

Old 12-31-2023, 02:49 PM

44,355 posts, read 20,059,784 times
Today’s Questions:

What color are your eyes? Blue.

What color is (or was) your hair? Blonde all my life; some grey mixed in now but it's not very noticeable - yet!

What are you doing (if anything) to ring in the New Year? For the first time ever, nothing! I'm very glad to stay home this evening. I used to love NYE parties, but now I'd just as soon have a quiet evening at home. Last night my boyfriend and I toasted the new year, and we will see each other sometime tomorrow, but tonight I'll enjoy a quiet evening at home, watching special events on TV.

What was the best thing that happened to you in 2023? A trip to Iceland in May.

Is there anything that you’re looking forward to, or that you hope to accomplish, in 2024? More travel adventures with my boyfriend; yet to be planned.

Happy New Year, Everyone! Thanks bunches for the Sunday questions, Bay. Happy new year to all!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 12-31-2023, 10:26 PM

21,541 posts, read 8,724,324 times
Today’s Questions:
Hazel
Used to be medium brown with a hint of red. Now it's salt and pepper. Mostly silver in the front.
Mr. Bay and I are hanging out in our living room drinking champagne and watching the festivities on TV.
Kitchen renovation.
Is there anything that you’re looking forward to, or that you hope to accomplish, in 2024?
Just staying healthy is all I can ask for.

Thanks for your answers, everyone!

Old 01-01-2024, 04:01 AM

7,487 posts, read 8,003,579 times
Today’s Questions:
-Blue when not bloodshot red

-Brown going on gray

-Nothing special.

-I made it to 2024

-Winning the lottery

Old 01-01-2024, 03:52 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,262,240 times
Today’s Questions:
What color are your eyes? Blue

What color is (or was) your hair? Brown

What are you doing (if anything) to ring in the New Year? Had 2 drinks and was home by 10:00. NYE just doesn't mean much to me, lol

What was the best thing that happened to you in 2023? Some of it's private, but I'll also mention that I took some good trips.

Is there anything that you’re looking forward to, or that you hope to accomplish, in 2024? Some good trips are planned.

Thanks!

Old 01-01-2024, 04:51 PM

426 posts, read 159,943 times
Brown.

Dark Brown. (I used to think it was black, but it's clearly not, at least not anymore)

I didn't do anything.

Getting a health issue checked out and also visiting Connecticut.

The move is my main focus at this point.

Old 01-01-2024, 08:11 PM

1,846 posts, read 832,803 times
What color are your eyes? Hazel or gray or a combination.

What color is (or was) your hair? If I start wearing my hat again light brown with some blonde, but right now its all different shades of blonde.

What are you doing (if anything) to ring in the New Year? NYE = nothing. Couldn't be bothered staying up to midnight but people were going crazy with there own fireworks (couple of rounds might have also been shot off). Had a new years dinner today.

What was the best thing that happened to you in 2023? Started a new job near the very end of last year (2022) if that counts.

Is there anything that you’re looking forward to, or that you hope to accomplish, in 2024? Move (preferably out of state) although the possible relocations within the company are in awful locations. Hopefully trade in the POS car I just purchased earlier this year.

Old 01-02-2024, 07:45 AM

16,669 posts, read 17,433,087 times
Oops- I missed this! Will you ever forgive me Bay?

Today’s Questions:

Blue, and sharper after two cataract ops in 2023.

Now it is grey, started out very blond, and became mousy brown.

We had four friends round and each couple prepared a course of food for the meal.

I saw it through pretty much unscathed!

A new roof for the house, exploring more of France, and applying for French citizenship.

Thanks and Happy New Year Bay!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics