Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 11:26 PM
ECG

42,605 posts, read 2,752,238 times

Advertisements

I identify myself as just another human being in this world sharing it with everyone else!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2009, 11:34 PM

44,728 posts, read 61,976,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECG1951 View Post
I identify myself as just another human being in this world sharing it with everyone else!
Ditto...

Old 02-03-2009, 04:50 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,972,505 times
I identify myself as an Alaskan.

Old 02-04-2009, 03:11 PM

54,505 posts, read 33,948,603 times
Quote:
A Very Interesting Question for all... How do you identify yourself?
How do I identify myself? Hmmm.... I don't know, usually by a mug shot, and cops always tell me "You have the right to remain silent... "

Okay, people have a hard time identifying me, especially when I'm out in the wild, so they call me a UFO (Unidentified Friendly Outdoorsman)

To answer the question the OP asked, well I identify myself as Michael, or Mike for short, but people call me other names that I can't mention here..

Seriously, there's British and German in me, even though both of my parents were born in the Holy Land of Israel (It was ruled by the British up until 1948)

Old 02-05-2009, 04:12 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,722,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
How do I identify myself? Hmmm.... I don't know, usually by a mug shot, and cops always tell me "You have the right to remain silent... "

Okay, people have a hard time identifying me, especially when I'm out in the wild, so they call me a UFO (Unidentified Friendly Outdoorsman)

To answer the question the OP asked, well I identify myself as Michael, or Mike for short, but people call me other names that I can't mention here..

Seriously, there's British and German in me, even though both of my parents were born in the Holy Land of Israel (It was ruled by the British up until 1948)

LOL....how do i identify myself ?? As an ''80's Rebel'' as that's my identity

Old 02-05-2009, 06:14 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,586,897 times
1st off, I'm an American.....by the grace of God.

My Ancestry is......
German
Scotch
Dutch
Irish and
English.

Yes I'm about as white as you can get.

My ancestors got around! And you could probably say, we ticked just about everybody off once in our lives.

Most of all I'm of the human race. I don't find it wrong or offensive to talk about your ancestry...it's part of who you are. Forget about all that PC crap.

Old 02-05-2009, 08:13 AM

54,505 posts, read 33,948,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali's Grandma View Post
Most of all I'm of the human race. I don't find it wrong or offensive to talk about your ancestry...it's part of who you are. Forget about all that PC crap.
PC crap? Hmmm.. what do Personal Computers have to do with this?

Old 02-05-2009, 08:28 AM

27,457 posts, read 27,487,042 times
That probably can be answered in many different ways?

Old 02-06-2009, 01:35 PM

431 posts, read 1,664,470 times
I am a first generation American or second generation American. The reason being is that the term "first generation" is ambigious since it could mean an immigrant that has been granted citizenship or was born in the country.

My nationality is Vietnamese American. Nationality mean a culture that you can identify with,but on my U.S. passport it say that my nationality is The United States Of America.

I dislike the fact that people asked me about my nationality when it is just The United States Of America. It feel like they are stereotyping me as a foreigner in which Asian actors/actresses are being portrayed as such. The funny thing is that the Native Americans are of asian descent. It seem to me,that I just dislike ignorant people whether they are American or not since if they had good English,then they would know what nationality really meant in the first place.

Nationality is only based on culture. Ethnicity is different in which it mean sharing a common language,physical ties,history,and so on...

My ethnicity is Vietnamese.

Everybody can be the same on the outside,even be clones for the he** of it. Conflict never end,though it could end if everybody is the same in the inside,too!

Since,I was born in St.Paul,MN and I live here in the States,I know that I act more like an American than a Vietnamese person.

Old 02-06-2009, 10:34 PM

3 posts, read 4,646 times
I am a MUTT......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics