Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2013, 07:32 PM

6,434 posts, read 5,263,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
A friend of mine had a kidney transplant surgery on Friday and it was her selfless husband who donated one of his kidneys. I just saw a pic of them on Facebook and they are both recovering nicely. What a true example of a miracle-working God and selfless love
That was exceptionally nice! Best wishes for the couple to have all the assistance they need while recovering.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2013, 09:07 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,953,354 times
No snow here! It's another nice warm sunny morning in the s/w. I'm up and vertical today!

Old 03-25-2013, 01:55 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,230,091 times
Well we got 12"-14" of snow & I'm glad I was beginning to wonder if I had moved to the south and didn't remember it.

Old 03-25-2013, 03:12 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,362,241 times
More money in the mail!

Old 03-25-2013, 03:44 PM

51,691 posts, read 15,734,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
More money in the mail!

Yay!!

Old 03-26-2013, 10:40 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,953,354 times
I got a phone call from my sister who is doing fairly good. Last week she had her chemo treatment and was feeling down and out. However she’s back up this week and feels more like moving forward. Her last chemo will be in two weeks to finish it off and then she’ll move to a pill for maintenance afterward.

She and her husband are also moving to another home a few miles away from where they’re at now but much closer to the city in their area. It’s a smaller place and much less to keep up with.

Anyway it was nice to hear her voice again.

Old 03-27-2013, 06:42 AM

126,395 posts, read 19,151,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
I got a phone call from my sister who is doing fairly good. Last week she had her chemo treatment and was feeling down and out. However she’s back up this week and feels more like moving forward. Her last chemo will be in two weeks to finish it off and then she’ll move to a pill for maintenance afterward.

She and her husband are also moving to another home a few miles away from where they’re at now but much closer to the city in their area. It’s a smaller place and much less to keep up with.

AksarbeN I am very happy to hear your sister is doing better ,done with chemo in 2 weeks and that she just has to take pills. I wish you and your family nothing but the best!

Old 03-27-2013, 06:58 AM

3,399 posts, read 3,100,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post

How great she is done with that nasty, but life saving chemo. I know it can be devastating and unsettling for some people. Now as she moves forward, only good things for her.....I've asked the good wish fairy to hover over her for a long while!

It's going to be a lazy day for me. Nothing great and grand has happened thus far, but a nice nap will probably give me that feeling. I have felt so tired lately so I'm just going to "veg out". But I am going to make Taco Bake tonight (taco meat encased in canned crescent roll dough.....yummy)

Old 03-27-2013, 08:42 AM

48,299 posts, read 22,070,359 times
I just finished my morning power walk. This walking regimen is new for me and much needed for heath reasons. I have been at it now without missing for about 2 weeks. (I did give myself one Saturday off.) I am finding that my endurance and stamina is definitely increasing and I walk further and at a faster pace. I walk with one of my dogs and she loves it too.

We are beginning to know the other walkers and their dogs too......it really integrates us into the community.

Old 03-27-2013, 08:51 AM

6,434 posts, read 5,263,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
I just finished my morning power walk. This walking regimen is new for me and much needed for heath reasons. I have been at it now without missing for about 2 weeks. (I did give myself one Saturday off.) I am finding that my endurance and stamina is definitely increasing and I walk further and at a faster pace. I walk with one of my dogs and she loves it too.

We are beginning to know the other walkers and their dogs too......it really integrates us into the community.
Walking really is the best exercise. Lots of people walk or bike in my HOA community. I haven't ventured outdoors for walking yet. Instead I do dancing and daily cat chasing. My little Calico gives me a workout. I chase her through the house, we turn around and she chases me back. She plays much like a dog. But I should do more. I'll get out there and walk one of these days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics