Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2011, 03:08 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,321,532 times

Advertisements

For some reason, a bad mood just came over me and I have no idea why. Excuse me, but I need to go kill someone (joking here - don't anybody get all bent out of shape).

Old 02-16-2011, 02:17 AM

1,094 posts, read 2,270,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weatherfan2 View Post
OMG how ridiculous is this... some tool keeps spamming my Youtube account, this is the latest "comment":

"lmao we all laugh aty ou because your fat, bald, short and u always will be!!!!!! now AWOOOLA! WIGGY WIGGY WIG WIG WIG WIHGSDSD "

Uhm... OK. First of all, I'm slim. I'm also 6' 4". That's six feet, four inches. And I have a full head of hair. It goes without saying that I don't actually appear in any of my youtube videos. Otherwise this waste of existence with no life wouldn't be so pathetically inept at ragging on my physical "attributes". LOL. Some people truly have no life whatsoever.
That is gold mate. I mean your poetic rebuke . Definitely put a smile on my face.

Old 02-16-2011, 02:10 PM

5,234 posts, read 8,021,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weatherfan2 View Post
Grrrr annoyed that Internet Crapsplorer keeps periodically freezing all the time making surfing the net a very frustrating experience. What leaky bloated rubbish!
I agree IE is just that. Why do you use Internet Explorer? How about using Firefox, or Google Chrome to surf? If you have a very slow connection, such as dial up, K-Meleon is the best choice for surfing the net quickly.

And now for my rant of the day...... Oh never mind, ill leave it at this....

Old 02-16-2011, 07:42 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,090,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
I agree IE is just that. Why do you use Internet Explorer? How about using Firefox, or Google Chrome to surf? If you have a very slow connection, such as dial up, K-Meleon is the best choice for surfing the net quickly.

And now for my rant of the day...... Oh never mind, ill leave it at this....
Switching to Firefox was one of the best decisions I've made.

Old 02-17-2011, 02:41 PM

1,691 posts, read 3,862,324 times
Question I just can't believe this drama!

Ok. My long lost Friends of CD. I need your help ideas and suggestions. My life has been a hectic mess over the past year or so dealing with various family issues and my health. Not that it matters much with what I am about to vent about as well as ask you all for advice.

brief background info: My Nephew took his grandpa to go look at new car. [high performance turbo 4 door] End result car got purchased. My Nephew was supposed to be buyer with grandpa just co-signing. Nope find out later grandpa listed as buyer on car and my nephew co-buyer. (Grandpa trusted grandson in the paperwork). I did not find out till a year later... when nephew was behind in payments. Oh grand... so the drama starts.

AT first when kiddo got behind he would talk to grandpa and grandpa would pay the payment with kiddo paying him back. That got old for grandpa. So grandpa said no more you HAVE to make payments on time. Yep you guessed it he was never officially on time. Even though he would pay 10-25 dollars more then the payment he would always miss a month and never catch up... plus incurred late fees for being a month behind.

2009/10- Grandpa paid car up to date, collections people were calling. Car headed to repo Nephew late on nov/dec payment Plus never really paid for sept payment of 07.

2010- grandpa pays note up to date again. Once again car headed to repo. Apparently late for oct. nov. dec payments. Grand.

In the mean time nephew modifies car; Low down, fog/black on headlights and tail lights (not to safety code), Window tint too dark to pass safety inspection. Tore out the trunk to install a speaker/stereo system (of which is not currently in the car). He also apparently blew the motor out something about hitting a pot hole and rod jamming/ramming through engine. The “accident” was not covered by insurance and he hid the information from grandpa for about a year. Plus then he hid the car at another residence as well.

Grandpa paid to replace engine close to $8000. (seriously kicking my butt on that choice of action). Find out breaks need fixing $720. Mechanic said they needed fixing because kiddo likes to do quick stops. Consistent with people who drive fast and stop short.

Question; should grandpa give car back to my nephew or just sell car and take the loss. Still owed on car about 12,000. car possible worth (Kelly blue book) 10,000. (oh yeah kiddo made very very bad deal on purchase).

How many year will I get for beating the crap out of my nephew?

Old 02-17-2011, 05:05 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,321,532 times
IMO, Gramps should pay it off and sell it, get what he can for it and cut his losses. If I'm not mistaken, gramps's credit is probably affected majorly by this fiasco, thanks to nephew. Nephew needs a good kick in the butt and, if I were on the jury, you'd never be convicted.

Best of luck on that one.

Old 02-17-2011, 09:19 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,418,335 times
Mom complains that ticket is too expensive. I found a cheap ticket to thailand and she is complaining that I can't find a ticket to my destination when I actually found the cheap ticket. I might as well NOT go to Thailand and stay home and live a miserable life. STOP COMPLAINING AND LET ME DO MY OWN BUSINESS. GEEZ.

Old 02-19-2011, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
Switching to Firefox was one of the best decisions I've made.
But I went back to the 3.6 from the 4.0 beta as it was giving me the quick blue screen and then the restart.

Now for today's rant... Con-tractors.

How many pple have been or knows pple that have been cheated by a con-tractor? All the ones I have run across have come out from under the same rock, an eel of a human that will say anything, do anything, and who's word means nothing. Getting a job done on-time, they don't understand what that means. They seem to use a different calender than the rest of us. Quality? No, its about doing it the cheapest way possible while lying about the materials purchased. Insist on receipts, know what the retail and wholesale prices are, and see the materials before they are installed. You don't want to be finding out after something breaks, and has to be torn out, that it wasn't what they claimed it was. Then just try getting them back to fix it or the hassle of trying to sue them. Don't believe a word they say on face value alone, they will tell you anything. Get references from the contractor, makes sure these pple exist by phoning them and seeing there really is such an address in the city. Go see what kind of job the contractor did, if they will allow to do so. Pictures of job completed are not enough, anyone can get pics off the internet. And just because they have an ad in the yellow pages doesn't make them honest and reliable. Don't just check with the BBB, google their name, check to see if there are any liens against their business, check with the prosecutors office to see if charges have ever been filed against them. Don't give them money upfront, some want half upfront, but who's to say they won't take that money and you never see them again, it happens. Give them the money after the job is done to your satisfaction, that's the best way to unsure you won't get ripped off. Some pple that get cheated are to embarrassed to call and report them or think it will do no good after the fact. Call one of the TV stations that do investigative reporting and call the prosecuting attorney in the county to report these con artists if you do get cheated by one of the many bad ones out there.

I was glad to see the Texas courts gave some slime ball contractor 12 yrs in prison for cheating pple, though now this pos will become the public's burden. Better he be on a chain gang and finally be finishing the work he was suppose to do for the pple he cheated. These non-violent offenders should be doing something to earn their keep so the tax payers arent feeding and lodging them.

Yes, I've been down this road, it cost me so much time, hassle, and sanity, and if murder was legal...... Don't let it happen to you!

Last edited by todd00; 02-19-2011 at 09:18 PM..

Old 02-19-2011, 08:56 PM

Kerowyn. Grampa should sell the car....and forget he knows this kid, at least until he grows up and makes it right. I'd bet the kid didn't really appreciate a damn thing you did for him. Sorry this happened, hope it works out the best it can for you.

Anberlin, Yeah, Mom's complain, they can be like that, most often they mean well, though sometimes they are way off the mark. Be glad you have pple that care about your well being even if they seem to just be in your business. Live your own life, play it smart and logical, do the best you can. Best of luck.

Old 02-20-2011, 10:52 AM

31,304 posts, read 33,003,992 times
Angry Just evil people!

While out shopping yesterday at the Mall, there was a lot of traffic that had to be detoured and the road closed. It seems that a “very bad” accident occurred and the street had to be closed down for a homicide investigation by police. One of the victims of a four car crash was dead at the scene. So sad! The accident was caused by a middle aged man who was running red lights and driving at high speeds for several miles while the police were trying to stop him. I don’t fault the police but I just can’t understand why these “evil” people get behind the wheel of a car or truck and go out on the streets kills or injuring others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics