Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2011, 02:16 PM

3,969 posts, read 8,527,675 times

Advertisements

Got sent home following heart surgery with some prescriptions to get filled and take while I heal. The pharmacy told us they didn't fill the one because the insurance company refused it and the doctor wouldn't OK the suggested substitute due to interactions with other prescriptions they gave me. I was told by the insurance company to take "TUMS" if I needed to avoid development of a "stress ulcer" while I'm healing. I told them to fill it and we would just pay it out of our own pocket. The one the insurance denied as being too expensive came to $6.30.

Now who should be making the decisions of what I need after surgery, the doctor or the insurance company. I guess the insurance company just wanted to check to see if the surgery was successful. (or if they could force me into a heart attack)

Old 03-17-2011, 02:19 PM

3,879 posts, read 8,398,785 times
Default Rant Nation

A friend of mine started a new blog just for ranting and airing out frustrations. The idea was sometimes you post so much on one board that you're not as anonymous anymore and may just need another place to vent.

Here is the link:
Rant Nation - Rant Nation - Home

Still very new but just another outlet for venting.

Old 03-17-2011, 05:28 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,299,151 times
Aks, sounds like UHC needs to be fired.

RRtech...don't ya just love it???

Old 03-18-2011, 10:41 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,953,354 times
Is it just me or what. I’m getting so tired of the news on tv having not just one but two or three of those banners running across the bottom of the screen. Then they have the network logo stuck in another corner so that you’ll remember what news network you’re watching. I can’t get a large enough screen to view what “I want to see” without those people (you know who they are in broadcasting) sticking banners and logos all over it so I can’t view the picture any longer. It’s like trying to watch the sunset in between a row of billboards advertising products.

Old 03-19-2011, 09:45 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,763,391 times
Aks I couldn't agree with you more. We don't have one of those fancy big screen TV's and that is so irritating when they do all of that stuff. If it is not that it is on TBS or TNT one of those when they have things running across or dancing across the screen to advertise another show on that channel in the middle of the program you are watching.

Old 03-19-2011, 10:38 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,299,151 times
It's annoying and distracting and I hate it, too. So there.

Old 03-22-2011, 10:24 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,953,354 times
Shopping! Yesterday I spent time with Mrs Aks doing a little shopping in the women’s department. Why? I don’t know it’s something that no one should have to be forced to do for any reason. I don’t take her to the hardware department, in fact I’d like not to have her there. It’s simply that men and women “can’t” shop together well. Men are asked “what do you think of this item?” and when we reply it’s “you don’t have any taste or know what’s good.” Well if that’s true then why did you ask me? I don’t take her to the hardware and ask if I should get a hex nut or not. I simply buy what I want and need. I don’t ask if she thinks a flathead screwdriver would be a better item then a philips, so why do women always want our opinion on stuff, then don’t like the answers?

If I ask her if she wants to go to the tire store with me,,,, the answer from the other side of the house is a yelling of "Hell NO!" Do I think she's unhappy because I get to go, who knows? I simply asked if she wanted to come along.

Old 03-22-2011, 11:02 AM

7,572 posts, read 9,044,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Shopping! Yesterday I spent time with Mrs Aks doing a little shopping in the women’s department. Why? I don’t know it’s something that no one should have to be forced to do for any reason. I don’t take her to the hardware department, in fact I’d like not to have her there. It’s simply that men and women “can’t” shop together well. Men are asked “what do you think of this item?” and when we reply it’s “you don’t have any taste or know what’s good.” Well if that’s true then why did you ask me? I don’t take her to the hardware and ask if I should get a hex nut or not. I simply buy what I want and need. I don’t ask if she thinks a flathead screwdriver would be a better item then a philips, so why do women always want our opinion on stuff, then don’t like the answers?

If I ask her if she wants to go to the tire store with me,,,, the answer from the other side of the house is a yelling of "Hell NO!" Do I think she's unhappy because I get to go, who knows? I simply asked if she wanted to come along.
You are absolutely right When I'm out and see these poor men looking so bored or like they'd rather be doing anything but shop I always wonder why they're there. Men & women obviously have different interests (in most cases) and this would be a time when it serves no useful purpose to force the other to go along. Next time say "Hell NO!"

Old 03-24-2011, 03:18 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,356,849 times
Now I am just venting here a little cause um out of rep Power. I have seen so many of my friends that I have not seen in awhile. I want to show my love with rep them, but I aint got no rep power. However, I will recharge and love allyall w/rep when I can

Old 03-24-2011, 06:10 PM

5,024 posts, read 8,913,057 times
When you put your foot in your mouth and reveal your true feelings to another person (not in anger). I had to apologize later. I wish I hadn't said anything; I like to play my cards close to my chest. I was stressed out the whole afternoon. Luckily, my apology was accepted. *Wipes brow*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics