Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2011, 11:59 AM

987 posts, read 1,746,424 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
U know I was listening to talk radio and they were talking about push up bikini swim suits for a 7 year old girl and I thought what ashamed. Then the story was on the evening news as well. How could any sane, normal person even consider the sex appeal of a 7 year old girl??? What LL is wrong in our society when manufactures market to those who exploit children sexually??? How far is too far??? Then I remember the way kids dress today... and what type of outfits are sold in any children's department store.... And then I have to wonder what's wrong that Americans r willing to sacrifice modesty for freedom to dress any kind of way that makes one happy. Well I agree with individual liberty to chose what u want to wear. I just think we need to be more proactive in supporting the right to cover one's nakedness too. I guess modesty is something that must be taught and kids today do not seem to be learning it very well. Then again I look at the dress of some adults- especially those in authority or trusted positions like teacher and I am not surprised. I guess none of us should be surprised the consequences of include wide spread promiscuity, sexually active preteens and an outbreak of sexually transmitted disease among our youth??? I think the very idea of a padded bathing suit is aiding and abetting sexual predators. I am grieved as a human being... And frustrated with myself for having no power to do anything about it but rant here in the land of cd among such decent folk.
Sunqueen, I was apalled when I heard about that, what the blankety blank is this world coming to??

This is just as bad as the mother who had injecting her EIGHT year old w/Botox injections....

This truly is a sad world for our younger generations..

Old 03-29-2011, 08:07 PM

5,234 posts, read 7,986,894 times
Quote:
U know I was listening to talk radio and they were talking about push up bikini swim suits for a 7 year old girl and I thought what ashamed. Then the story was on the evening news as well. How could any sane, normal person even consider the sex appeal of a 7 year old girl??? What LL is wrong in our society when manufactures market to those who exploit children sexually??? How far is too far??? Then I remember the way kids dress today... and what type of outfits are sold in any children's department store.... And then I have to wonder what's wrong that Americans r willing to sacrifice modesty for freedom to dress any kind of way that makes one happy. Well I agree with individual liberty to chose what u want to wear. I just think we need to be more proactive in supporting the right to cover one's nakedness too. I guess modesty is something that must be taught and kids today do not seem to be learning it very well. Then again I look at the dress of some adults- especially those in authority or trusted positions like teacher and I am not surprised. I guess none of us should be surprised the consequences of include wide spread promiscuity, sexually active preteens and an outbreak of sexually transmitted disease among our youth??? I think the very idea of a padded bathing suit is aiding and abetting sexual predators. I am grieved as a human being... And frustrated with myself for having no power to do anything about it but rant here in the land of cd among such decent folk.
Well put Sun Queen. Remember when kids were kids? I do, I was one of them. But that's been awhile ago and things have changed. Push up bra's for a 7 yr old? They have nothing to push up at that age, and sexiness shouldn't be the image any parent with more than a single brain cell should be trying to perpetuate. But they will shovel this crap and people will buy it.

Morals, modesty, for the most part that's simply part of a time gone by. The media spits out the rules and people follow in the name of being cool, or liberal, or because they want to fit into the deformed picture of what has become normal. It makes me sick, but like you, I feel there isn't a thing I can do about it. It makes me want to find some place else to live. Sets course for Gilligan's Island. And changes Sun Queens radio station.

Feeling stressed and sad, thought of a good line from the Tears for Fears song "I Believe". "And I believe, no I can't believe that every time you hear a new born scream, You just can't see the shaping of a life, The shaping of a life" Deep meaning there for sure.

Old 03-29-2011, 11:48 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,020,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
What a combo!!!! I would be gagging too. We were flying from Boston to Vegas a couple of years ago and the woman behind us brought as a "snack" some kind of chicken and broccoli dish..OMG as it cooled off during the flight the smell got so bad I had to cover my nose the entire flight.
She should have just eaten the thing.
Yeah ... I could imagine the smell ... It could have been worse you know ... I was on a flight that lasted a couple of hours and the person in front of me had a bit too much beans if ya know what I mean?

Old 03-29-2011, 11:49 PM

Quote:
I so agree with you ... Can't stand this whole sexualization of our innocent youth....

Old 03-31-2011, 07:50 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,328,000 times
I watched Planet Earth last night. The host of the show speaks all over the world with a basic message we must all come together if we want to continue existing on this planet, but governments are unwilling to scale down and promote green living. Now here's the thing this guy theorizes as we move to convert corn into fuel, and nations such as China and India utilize farm lands to build infrastructure it will hasten a worldwide food shortage. The income of billions of Chinese and numerous Indians is on the rise; therefore, they consume more meat, milk and eggs putting more pressure and demand on the environment to support a lavished lifestyle. We need more food to support more people with less land resources. These nations are importing more food and have more money to compete with Americans for the food resources. This guy believes famine will be the thing to topple nations. Throw pollution and greenhouse emissions in the mix along with climate and marine life and it does take much to bring u to the conclusion we go problems that trump politics

Old 03-31-2011, 09:59 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,883,423 times
^^ I didn’t get to see that yet. I don’t agree totally with converting corn into fuel, however I need more info on that subject. I do believe that the good Lord gave us clean air, water, soil, the moon & sun with tides that move the ocean, there’s no logical reason for humans to pollute their home. We need to use green technologies and live without oil, coal, and chemicals trashing the earth that grows our food.

This is not a political view, it’s a logical way to live with our God given environment whether you’re on the left or right.

Old 03-31-2011, 10:03 AM

6,990 posts, read 11,416,855 times
Well I'm in a new job and as my third week comes to an end, I've basically been told I'm way less capable than what they were expecting and have no initiative and ability and stuff basically and it is boring as fffffudge so I am pretty dispirited but the job market is crap and I needed a job real bad and this is where I landed. Not sure what to do. At all.

Old 03-31-2011, 11:18 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,328,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
^^ I didn’t get to see that yet. I don’t agree totally with converting corn into fuel, however I need more info on that subject. I do believe that the good Lord gave us clean air, water, soil, the moon & sun with tides that move the ocean, there’s no logical reason for humans to pollute their home. We need to use green technologies and live without oil, coal, and chemicals trashing the earth that grows our food.

This is not a political view, it’s a logical way to live with our God given environment whether you’re on the left or right.
According to the guy on Planet earth the amount of corn it takes for one take of gas could feed one person for an entire year. Now that's allot of corn... I don't know what we are going to do and what u say makes total since to me. I think we r so concerned about leaving our children money so they will be better off, but how about leaving them a world with clean air and an ecosystem that can sustain life...

Old 03-31-2011, 11:33 AM

Quote:
I watched Planet Earth last night. The host of the show speaks all over the world with a basic message we must all come together if we want to continue existing on this planet, but governments are unwilling to scale down and promote green living. Now here's the thing this guy theorizes as we move to convert corn into fuel, and nations such as China and India utilize farm lands to build infrastructure it will hasten a worldwide food shortage. The income of billions of Chinese and numerous Indians is on the rise; therefore, they consume more meat, milk and eggs putting more pressure and demand on the environment to support a lavished lifestyle. We need more food to support more people with less land resources. These nations are importing more food and have more money to compete with Americans for the food resources. This guy believes famine will be the thing to topple nations. Throw pollution and greenhouse emissions in the mix along with climate and marine life and it does take much to bring u to the conclusion we go problems that trump politics
I understand that we need to be better stewards of our environments but these extremist folks drive me insane! I'm sure these are the same folks that advocate for population control and other anti-humanity measures.

Old 04-01-2011, 08:24 AM

6,952 posts, read 22,688,447 times
Default High Class Problems!

In my first marriage years ago, my former husband used to tell me to quit my complaining..... I had "High Class Problems." Well, an alcoholic spouse is NOT a high class problem (one that I shed) but the concept has stuck with me. Throughout the years, when something annoys me I always ask myself what level of problem is this. Seems in these tough economic times for so many, I become a little ashamed to voice my high class problems. But I want to complain .. so here's mine:

I want to move to a different house! I live in a spacious, lovely home. But it is the house my husband had before we were married and I want something we choose together. This house is too big and just doesn't suit me even though I continue to improve it and try to make it mine.....been living here 6 years & just can't seem to love it. But the housing market stinks so here we live.... I don't pay a penny on it, DH pays for everything; do I have a right to complain???

What's YOUR high class problem... c'mon, I know you have one!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics