Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2011, 03:41 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,948,238 times

Advertisements

FYI ,, I heard of one friend who called the cable company and asked about rates and possibly disconnecting their service for good. While the conversation with the rep covered a variety of prices and costs it ended up that “they” offered the same service with a reduced rate for several months just to “keep” the service going on her account. Cable company kept a customer, and a customer was happy with a reduced bill, a true win-win.

Old 03-27-2011, 03:41 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,355,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I hear ya on the moral decline.

I'm nobody's bible thumper, but I swear, a whole lot of garbage on TV. I blame all the dumb ass reality shows for half of it.
U know I am sure I don't thump my Bible as much as I should, but I am beginning to think some of those religious zealots might have a point. Just be cause u have the liberty to live as low as u can doesn't mean u should. WTFreak is going on... The media makes wrong seem like its right& glorious. Funny and acceptable while making it seem strange if u believe in just plain ole human decency. Hard to find entertainment that supports family values. Reality TV scares me. I use to think they must pay people to act like that, but with reality TV has come this acceptance that the sky is the limit for out of control behavior and ur entitled cross every moral boundary without any responsibility to humanity or one's self. I would rather be a Bible Thumper than a reprobate. I wonder if it has come to the point where u got make that kind of choice

Old 03-27-2011, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
That is why we gave up satellite TV and put an antenna up. We get about 40 channels and I don't have to pay a dime.

My tipping point was when they started running infomercials on channels like Food Network etc. Always in the middle of the night turned into starting at 10-11pm which now runs over until 9-10am.
I admire u for that. I think that is exactly what I want to do. U should not have to be morally hijacked in ur own home and pay for the pleasure

Old 03-27-2011, 03:45 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,063,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
I have a good subject for venting... the high price of TV and the limited choices u get from cable. I would give TV up in a minute, but... well... Lemme put it this way I might if they keep raising the cable prices and the programming continues to decline. Today on the life movie they have some sick movies about incest and rape. Excuse me, but that is not entertaining I don't want to pay for that type of gross movies.

I wonder about the moral decline and the consequences. I could vent more but I will spare yall
Quote:
Originally Posted by tookey View Post
Vent all you want SQ I am having the same issues. I don't go to movies, no bars, I am a homebody when I am not at work and I enjoy my tv but at this rate cable is really beginning to go downhill and uphill on prices. I have expanded cable and I simply refuse to pay for anymore than that.
I long ago have given up on cable AND TV in general. I no longer have the interest of following celebs and watching trivial shows that lack quality. Don't even get me started on the lack of morality constantly displayed on TV ... It's hilarious that the cable company keeps sending me advertisements in Spanish because I guess they cannot fathom any English-speaking American would not want cable! LOL!

Old 03-27-2011, 03:47 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,063,100 times
Quote:
U know I am sure I don't thump my Bible as much as I should, but I am beginning to think some of those religious zealots might have a point. Just be cause u have the liberty to live as low as u can doesn't mean u should. WTFreak is going on... The media makes wrong seem like its right& glorious. Funny and acceptable while making it seem strange if u believe in just plain ole human decency. Hard to find entertainment that supports family values. Reality TV scares me. I use to think they must pay people to act like that, but with reality TV has come this acceptance that the sky is the limit for out of control behavior and ur entitled cross every moral boundary without any responsibility to humanity or one's self. I would rather be a Bible Thumper than a reprobate. I wonder if it has come to the point where u got make that kind of choice

Old 03-27-2011, 07:27 PM

63 posts, read 105,314 times
Taco Bell is pissing me off with the bigger prices and the smaller portions!!!http://www.flickr.com/photos/30759108@N08/5047539805/ (broken link)
Del Taco has better food!

Old 03-27-2011, 09:05 PM

52,392 posts, read 52,904,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach2112 View Post
Taco Bell is pissing me off with the bigger prices and the smaller portions!!!
Del Taco has better food!
Just don't go all postal like that one guy in the news did. they raised the price of some nasty burrito that TB has, he went postal and started shoot up the joint.......

The TB vs del taco argument is like bragging about who has the biggest cold sore.......

Old 03-27-2011, 09:11 PM

52,392 posts, read 52,904,140 times
Quote:
I think I'd rather be a bible thumper then a reprobate....... I hope it doesn't come down to that.....IDK, our society is sorta scaring me..... LOL

Old 03-28-2011, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I think I'd rather be a bible thumper then a reprobate....... I hope it doesn't come down to that.....IDK, our society is sorta scaring me..... LOL
Oh Chow u r too funny After 9\11 a reporter asked an official what their thoughts were about the state of the nation and the official recommended prayer and the reporter said "Jesus are things so bad it's come to that Well...

Old 03-28-2011, 11:48 AM

987 posts, read 1,750,306 times
The gas prices (to us all feeling it) are depressing me
and my coworker w/her smelly tuna/vinegar salad is making me not feel so good.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics