Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2009, 06:19 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,176,419 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
Happy Friday
For those that haven't there are only 7 !! shopping days left till Santa

Rough morning here in NE FL , it was not another "pleasurable" Dentist visit yesterday this was with the regular Dentist to get a crown put on a back tooth I cracked.
They do not use the same happy pills that the root canal dentist used . No problem I have Valium that should do the same thing. Wrong !! There is way much more work involved with a crown and resulting pain
So let's just say I am not a very happy camper today

So this may be a short version of

Today's Question(s):

Have you ever fallen asleep while sitting at your computer ?

Bonus Question:

Do you have a gift wrapping "station" in you home ?

Do you wrap as you buy or wait till your done and have a "wrap-a-thon"

Just for Fun:

Have you ever made snowflakes by folding up paper and cutting little pieces out to make the design ?

Today in History:
1719- Thomas Fleet of Boston published his mother-in-law's tales in the book, Mother Goose
1892 - "Nutcracker Suite," Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky's ballet, premieres
1936 - Su Lin arrived in San Francisco, California. She was the first giant panda to come to the U.S. from China.
1966 - Dr. Seuss' "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" airs for 1st time on CBS

Word of the Day:
diaphanous \dy-AF-uh-nuhs\ , adjective;
1. Of such fine texture as to allow light to pass through; translucent or transparent.
2. Vague; insubstantial.

Today is:
National Roast Suckling Pig Day
Wear a Plunger On Your Head Day
Flake Appreciation Day
Seven Swans A-Swimming Day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2009, 06:19 AM

259,024 posts, read 90,846,499 times
Today's Question(s):

Have you ever fallen asleep while sitting at your computer ? Yes

Bonus Question:

Do you have a gift wrapping "station" in you home ? No

Do you wrap as you buy or wait till your done and have a "wrap-a-thon" I stay out of the way.

Just for Fun:

Have you ever made snowflakes by folding up paper and cutting little pieces out to make the design ?
Nope.

Today in History:
1719- Thomas Fleet of Boston published his mother-in-law's tales in the book, Mother Goose
1936 - Su Lin arrived in San Francisco, California. She was the first giant panda to come to the U.S. from China.

Word of the Day:
1. Of such fine texture as to allow light to pass through; translucent or transparent.
2. Vague; insubstantial.

Today is:
National Roast Suckling Pig Day I'm working on getting the grill specially built.
Wear a Plunger On Your Head Day I may be crazy but not stupid.
Flake Appreciation Day Yes, in pictures.
Seven Swans A-Swimming Day I'll keep my distance. They have been known to attack.

Last edited by Nomadicus; 12-18-2009 at 06:25 AM.. Reason: Spelling error

Old 12-18-2009, 06:21 AM

18,147 posts, read 11,802,334 times
Today's Question(s):

Have you ever fallen asleep while sitting at your computer ? Yes, Every single night.

Bonus Question:

Do you have a gift wrapping "station" in you home ? No, use the dining room table.

Do you wrap as you buy or wait till your done and have a "wrap-a-thon" I do enjoy gift wrapping. Usually add novelties like pine cones, candy canes, bows that I've spend time on and variety ribbons, and accessories.

Just for Fun:

Have you ever made snowflakes by folding up paper and cutting little pieces out to make the design ? I'm sure I did in elementary school.

Old 12-18-2009, 06:23 AM

2,080 posts, read 4,855,407 times
Mornin everyone! Happy Friday...so this weekend we may get 1-2" or 1-2' of snow!!! Two models show different scenarios....now that I am ready for Xmas I say bring on the snow...the more, the merrier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
Good morning everyone
Happy Friday

Rough morning here in NE FL , it was not another "pleasurable" Dentist visit yesterday this was with the regular Dentist to get a crown put on a back tooth I cracked.
They do not use the same happy pills that the root canal dentist used . No problem I have Valium that should do the same thing. Wrong !! There is way much more work involved with a crown and resulting pain

Today's Question(s):

Have you ever fallen asleep while sitting at your computer ? No

Bonus Question:

Do you have a gift wrapping "station" in you home ? Yes, if you call my bedroom floor a station! I have all the wrapping paper underneath our bed in a bin!

Do you wrap as you buy or wait till your done and have a "wrap-a-thon" Try to do it as I buy...this year did a wrap-a-thon! My kids are older now and once the 2 youngest figured it out..Xmas hiding became much easier!!!

Just for Fun:

Have you ever made snowflakes by folding up paper and cutting little pieces out to make the design ? Yes! I still have some garland the kids made out of paper snowflakes....and I have a green Xmas tree garland of cutouts too!

Today in History:

Word of the Day:
2. Vague; insubstantial.

Today is:
Wear a Plunger On Your Head Day Plunger??? Like what unclogs the toilet?? You do it first and let me know how it goes!
Flake Appreciation Day Thank you but I should be appreciated everyday!!!!
6 geese a layin...5 golden rings...4 calling birds...3 french hens...2 turtle doves and a partridge in a pear tree...sing along with me...

Have a great Friday!

Last edited by renovating; 12-18-2009 at 06:34 AM..

Old 12-18-2009, 06:24 AM

1,477 posts, read 2,202,904 times
Today's Question(s):

Have you ever fallen asleep while sitting at your computer ? Yes.

Bonus Question:

Do you have a gift wrapping "station" in you home ? Nope

Do you wrap as you buy or wait till your done and have a "wrap-a-thon" I wrap once I'm done. Or, I put things in gift bags.

Just for Fun:

Have you ever made snowflakes by folding up paper and cutting little pieces out to make the design ? When I was young.

Have a nice weekend!

Old 12-18-2009, 06:25 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,736,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
Good morning everyone
Happy Friday

Today's Question(s):

Bonus Question:

Do you have a gift wrapping "station" in you home ? No

Do you wrap as you buy or wait till your done and have a "wrap-a-thon" Wait til I am done since I don't have much to wrap.

Just for Fun:

Yes

Today in History:

Word of the Day:
2. Vague; insubstantial.

Today is:
Wear a Plunger On Your Head Day - Why?
Flake Appreciation Day
Have a good day.

Old 12-18-2009, 06:25 AM

18,969 posts, read 11,636,687 times
Hugs Karla - sorry about all the dental stuff

Let this go on record as my least wordy qotd response ever! Have a great day and weekend everyone Today is my man's brthday - Happy Birthday!

Old 12-18-2009, 06:26 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,234,150 times
So sorry to hear you are in pain Karla tooth & ear aches are the pits. Hope you can take it easy try some ice on it. Karla how is your construction going? Mine is slowly getting done.

No

Yep in my dining room
Do it all at once I like it that way I enjoy wrapping

Yep

Old 12-18-2009, 06:28 AM

25,449 posts, read 11,761,534 times
Today's Question(s):

Bonus Question:

Do you have a gift wrapping "station" in you home ? No... just a plastic Rubbermaid tub with the materials in it.

Just for Fun:

Have you ever made snowflakes by folding up paper and cutting little pieces out to make the design ? I remember making those back when I was younger.

Today in History:

Word of the Day:
2. Vague; insubstantial.

Today is:
Wear a Plunger On Your Head Day
Flake Appreciation Day

Old 12-18-2009, 06:28 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,888,913 times
Today's Question(s):

I never did when I used the desktop... but now that I have a laptop sometimes I bring it up to bed with me.... if I can't sleep I turn it on- sometimes watch a movie on it... and I have fallen asleep twice with the movie on....
Bonus Question:

Do you have a gift wrapping "station" in you home ? I don't gift wrap... I bag or gift box it... no paper here.... all reusable.... and I do it anywhere.

Do you wrap as you buy or wait till your done and have a "wrap-a-thon" I do a box/bag a thon

Just for Fun:

Have you ever made snowflakes by folding up paper and cutting little pieces out to make the design ?Sure have.... and taught many a child to do it when I was teaching

Today in History:

1966 - Dr. Seuss' "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" airs for 1st time on CBS My fav. Christmas Movie!

Word of the Day: I love learning new words.... this one is fun to say! LOL....
2. Vague; insubstantial.

Today is:
National Roast Suckling Pig Day Oh why do they call it that? It totally ruins a good pig for me....
Wear a Plunger On Your Head Day I would not even do this with a brand new plunger... LOL
Flake Appreciation Day I read this wrong and thought it said FAKE appreciation day! Now THAT would be a fun day! Thanks so much! I really appreciate the mess you left me to clean up this afternoon! Thanks so much! I really enjoy the dent you left in my car door! Nothing like FAKE Appreciation! HAHAHA I think it is called sarcasm.... gotta love it... YES FLAKE Appreciation- I totally APPRECIATE all the darn flakes that fell and made me shovel twice yesterday... THANK YOU FLAKES......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics