Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2016, 02:43 PM

5,856 posts, read 5,299,873 times

Advertisements

Every time I see this thread I think of THIS song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwXai-sgM-s

Cat
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2016, 06:29 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,232,868 times
It was easy to tell when I was young:

I couldn't take my eyes off her.

Old 09-08-2016, 06:33 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,337,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
It was easy to tell when I was young:

I couldn't take my eyes off her.

Yes that happened to me and then we went out for a little while and it turned out that her spell on me was stronger than the other way around. Several years later we met again in another city and haven't looked back.

Old 09-08-2016, 07:30 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,232,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Yes that happened to me and then we went out for a little while and it turned out that her spell on me was stronger than the other way around. Several years later we met again in another city and haven't looked back.
Nice.

Blessings to you both.

Old 09-08-2016, 08:56 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,231,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
Every time I see this thread I think of THIS song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwXai-sgM-s

Cat
Me too. A classic.

Old 09-10-2016, 11:48 AM

2 posts, read 1,489 times
Hi All,

Just joined this forum and have a question. Before 2013 I had some semblance of "power". Nothing great, but I could perform spells and they did work if I performed them correctly. I was particularly good at protection. In 2013 an "entity" took something from me. I had a vision of it. I do not know why this "entity" did this, but it was a male and was in the form of all things, a gingerbread man and I was very afraid of him. I dislike the taste of gingerbread, so maybe that was the reason. Anyway, I can't say exactly what was taken, but afterward, my spells are not as effective and I do not feel the energy I used to when I performed them. I have always had the ability to perceive ghosts and all spirits really, and can still move them on into the light or at least out of my house. But my abilities have definitely been diminished since this vision. Does anyone know how I remedy the situation? I have not been able to find any information online up to now. And no, this was not a dream. It did start that way, but then I opened my eyes and the vision continued as I looked at the wall beside my bed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 09-10-2016, 12:20 PM

2 posts, read 1,489 times
Magic can be good or bad, just like anything else. I am guessing the mom in law is the culprit in this case. She sounds like a piece of work!! Nice reply to oregonwoodsmoke btw. From what you said about the mom-in-law, I would do whatever I could to get away from this woman and get my husband away also. I have a sister exactly like this. She has to control everyone and everything and she has no ethical boundaries. She thinks because she wants it, that is the way it should be no matter who she hurts. These people are sociopaths and do not consider anyone else in their shenanigans. It truly is all about them. The further you can get away from them, the better. Can you talk to the husband about it? He really needs to take charge of the situation with his mother. She would only listen to him anyway, and maybe not even then. He has had a lifetime of his mother's manipulations, so it would not be easy.

From my experience, blood spells are permanent. They cannot be undone unless the person performing the spell has passed on. I am so sorry for your friend. I do know that salt (especially sea salt) can absorb negative energies and can be used as barriers (in doorways or in a sacred circle). So they are doing the right thing there. Maybe they can put salt across their bedroom doorway to keep her out? As with all ritual, intent and BELIEF is VERY important. If you don't put 'ummph!" in the ritual, it will not work. And I mean belief on the part of the person doing the rituals; not the person it is done to. It does not matter if the person you are performing the spell on knows or not, if you are powerful enough, it will work. Most people have much more power than they think they do. I think this is one of the reasons organized religion tries to convince their congregations otherwise. They know people have power but do not want them using it because that would take power away from their leaders (money). So they say their god has all the power and nothing can happen without him. So wrong on so many levels, IMO. The patriarchy of religions is on purpose.

Old 09-10-2016, 08:41 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,290,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
Excellent post!

My tribe has beliefs on spells, sometimes referred to as bad medicine. I prefer to stay away from it, even in my thought process. I don't invite interaction with certain actions, and that also goes for certain posters. Some posters are consistently negative and it becomes readily apparent after a while which ones they are.
When I was first learning about wicca I took this class. We talked about the energies all around us and how when we do magic we direct these energies. But there was also a very careful discussion of the return. We recieve what we give. Submitting to anger and sending the negative will draw more of it to you. The idea was, think before you do.

You draw the energy to you that you will, and if your mindset is negative, its what you limit yourself to. But its a choice each makes for themself. If you invite good, it too can come, and you will reflect it back. I never wish that bad will come to people I'm mad at. I ask myself just why I'm so mad, why I let negativity of someone else surround me when I know its giving them control.

If you carry a haze of gloom, don't be surprised if nobody wants to be around you.

Last edited by nightbird47; 09-10-2016 at 08:56 PM..

Old 09-10-2016, 10:09 PM

997 posts, read 939,760 times
I was taught how to do magic from my guardians. I learned from within, my own connection to source. This is my calling and I do big magic and little magic. I have studied and my methods are sound.

I don't like yucky things like blood. If I do something with blood it is not intentional. I don't use those techniques. I use other techniques that work just as well.

I have familiarity with different paths and magic might be strong but I don't respect the sell a spell method. I don't care what blood or feathers or DNA is involved. That is low magic and not very good. In my opinion.

They guy who was talking about the Gingerbread man makes sense to me. I get that image and that was a little troublemaker. I see characters in that way. Some people work with 'spirit's that appear a certain way. I work with cartoon like characters but that doesn't mean they aren't very capable. Your magic is only as good as your help.

People believe different things and I respect all beliefs but I may not agree. I let them be them. Some people think it is their own power that makes the magic happen. Truthfully that is an ingredient but there is more to it then that.

I will do defensive magic. That means if someone strikes me, I will strike back. They might feel anonymous but they aren't. I know exactly who they are. That is how any kind of remote work is done. I might suffer for it, but they threw the first punch with intent. There is nothing wrong with defending yourself or the people you love.

The law of return applies in mundane matters as well as magical matters.

Old 09-11-2016, 10:28 AM

5,856 posts, read 5,299,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
When I was first learning about wicca I took this class. We talked about the energies all around us and how when we do magic we direct these energies. But there was also a very careful discussion of the return. We recieve what we give. Submitting to anger and sending the negative will draw more of it to you. The idea was, think before you do.

You draw the energy to you that you will, and if your mindset is negative, its what you limit yourself to. But its a choice each makes for themself. If you invite good, it too can come, and you will reflect it back. I never wish that bad will come to people I'm mad at. I ask myself just why I'm so mad, why I let negativity of someone else surround me when I know its giving them control.

If you carry a haze of gloom, don't be surprised if nobody wants to be around you.

I agree. However, there are times when some people do make me so angry which is usually because of an injustice that they created. Whenever I do spells, I try to do them in the most positive way. This is a little spell that I created:

I have a picture or something that represents the person(s). Then I use a white candle that represents purity & truth. Then I use a mirror to reflect the light of truth from the candle over the picture. I can't say if this works or not because I only did it one time with the picture I used was an elephant, representing the Republican Party-and you can see how well that worked.

To me, this is not a negative spell.

Cat
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism