Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 12:56 PM

908 posts, read 1,555,361 times

Advertisements

Hi all!

Again here just learning about magic, or is is magik? I know a few people who are interested in it also, and some who claim to have had spells done to them, or for them. However, when I asked more questions to understand, they couldn't tell me much. If they knew more I'm sure they'd tell me.
They are kind of apprehensive about getting books at the library, or asking others about it.

Anyway, one girl was telling me she found out she had "roots" worked on her by a healer. She was told it was to cause divorce, destruction in life, and eventually death. I asked how she knew, but the healer didn't give her details, and has since moved. She was given some a drink with herbs crushed in it, she doesn't know what, and some water with sea salt, or some other "special" salt. She said she threw up blood, foam, and this get's weird black hard twisted twine, and even a sharp object which she said could have been a nail. She also found black knotted rope inside her mattress.

I'm not trying to be disrespectful here, but is it possible the herbs made her throw up the blood & foam?
She did say she felt better after, but is it really a sign someone put a spell on her food? She was also instructed to do a lot with salt, like bathe, and clean with it, etc..
What is up with the black knotted rope in the mattress? She KNOWS she didn't put it there. It was in a tiny slit someone cut in the mattress. The only one who had access to the bedroom is her & her husband. Her mom in law lives with them, and is the only other person besides their baby who has access to her bedroom, but why would the mom in law cut the mattress & put knotted rope in?

Another friend went to the same healer? She was told someone put menses blood in her food as a spell. I guess she was too shocked to ask what for. Is that a kind of magik? I used to hear of it in middle school, but I was young and grossed out, so never asked about it. What would be the purpose to do something so nasty to someone? Again, I'm not trying to disrespect anyone, but putting bodily fluids in people's food sounds really low to me, and disrespectful to the person its being done to.

If anyone can explain these, "phenomena" better to me, I'd really appreciate it.
Please excuse me if the way I worded my statements & questions is offensive. I don't intend to offend. I just want to understand something I'm ignorant of.
Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2013, 01:25 PM

1,807 posts, read 1,891,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colorfulchic83 View Post
Hi all!

Again here just learning about magic, or is is magik? I know a few people who are interested in it also, and some who claim to have had spells done to them, or for them. However, when I asked more questions to understand, they couldn't tell me much. If they knew more I'm sure they'd tell me.
They are kind of apprehensive about getting books at the library, or asking others about it.

Anyway, one girl was telling me she found out she had "roots" worked on her by a healer. She was told it was to cause divorce, destruction in life, and eventually death. I asked how she knew, but the healer didn't give her details, and has since moved. She was given some a drink with herbs crushed in it, she doesn't know what, and some water with sea salt, or some other "special" salt. She said she threw up blood, foam, and this get's weird black hard twisted twine, and even a sharp object which she said could have been a nail. She also found black knotted rope inside her mattress.

I'm not trying to be disrespectful here, but is it possible the herbs made her throw up the blood & foam?
She did say she felt better after, but is it really a sign someone put a spell on her food? She was also instructed to do a lot with salt, like bathe, and clean with it, etc..
What is up with the black knotted rope in the mattress? She KNOWS she didn't put it there. It was in a tiny slit someone cut in the mattress. The only one who had access to the bedroom is her & her husband. Her mom in law lives with them, and is the only other person besides their baby who has access to her bedroom, but why would the mom in law cut the mattress & put knotted rope in?

Another friend went to the same healer? She was told someone put menses blood in her food as a spell. I guess she was too shocked to ask what for. Is that a kind of magik? I used to hear of it in middle school, but I was young and grossed out, so never asked about it. What would be the purpose to do something so nasty to someone? Again, I'm not trying to disrespect anyone, but putting bodily fluids in people's food sounds really low to me, and disrespectful to the person its being done to.

If anyone can explain these, "phenomena" better to me, I'd really appreciate it.
Please excuse me if the way I worded my statements & questions is offensive. I don't intend to offend. I just want to understand something I'm ignorant of.
Thanks in advance.
Oh, dear goddess....

She drank an unidentified herbal tincture? Is she nuts? No offense to her, but that's foolish at best, and she's lucky she didn't suffer permanent complications.

I doubt she threw up twine or metal; magic can't create what's not already there. Her imagination is playing overtime.

Menstrual blood can be used in spells, but due to the risk of blood-borne infection, it's never put into a food. As for the mattress -- she either put the cord there herself, or there's more to this story than she's telling.

Frankly, it sounds like there's something other than root-work going on here. I'd talk to your other friend again and ask for more details.

Old 06-03-2013, 01:51 PM

What is the purpose of menses blood in magik? Is it for bad things, or does it depend?

Old 06-03-2013, 07:37 PM

1,807 posts, read 1,891,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colorfulchic83 View Post
What is the purpose of menses blood in magik? Is it for bad things, or does it depend?
It depends on the intent of the individual. Menstrual blood is specifically feminine, and is strongly associated with life and its creation, as well as the phases of the moon (for obvious reasons).

I can't say what the purpose might have been in this case; the rituals you describe aren't ones that I have experience with. That this person apparently 'took the money and moved' seems suspicious, as well.

Always remember that the most potent self-defense we're given is our common sense. If you're asked to do something that you know might be harmful or dangerous, alarm bells should immediately start to ring in your head.

I've been meaning to ask, did you witness any of the events you describe, or are you hearing them second-hand?

Old 06-03-2013, 08:57 PM

I wasn't there when they visited the healer, but was present when they made the appointment. I saw the throwing up after she drank the "stuff" she was told to drink which was scary. I saw the black cord with knots after it was found. I also bought them a bunch of sea salt as they requested.
I know the mom in law hates ALL her daughters in law. One of her son's ex's blames her for the divorce, and accused her of doing a spell. Another son's girlfriend accused her of the same. She's one of those crazy control freak ladies who don't want their sons to love any other women but them. The mom in law told me she was taught hoodoo & how to "put roots" on people by a neighbor down south, but claimed to be morally against it, and said she didn't practice herself. She didn't say what exactly they taught her though. At that time I was very skeptical, so didn't bother to ask.
You're right about common sense and not doing things that you are unsure of. These girls were desperate, and had suffered unexplained hardship after hardship. I think this was their last attempt at making sense of it all.
I didn't want to tell them not to go to this healer because I didn't want them to think I didn't respect their beliefs. I just told them to be careful. I just wish I can help them make sense of it all.
Thank you again for your response.

Old 06-04-2013, 01:57 AM

32,647 posts, read 48,028,221 times
How do you know someone put a spell on you? They have to tell you,that's how you know.

It is psychological warfare and has nothing to do with magic.

I've got a little dog who gets mad and ignores me. If I don't notice, she will come and sit on my knee and sit with her back to me and her nose in the air. Because it doesn't do any good to ignore someone if they don't notice that you are ignoring them.

That's the same as "putting a curse" on someone. You have to tell them or they won't notice.

Old 06-04-2013, 10:06 AM

32,647 posts, read 48,028,221 times
By the way, you seem to have formed your ideas about magic from what Hollywood puts in movies. That is fiction. Someone made it up, which means it is not real.

Hogwarts does not exist, nobody can fly through the air on brooms, and demons will not respond to chanting and do the bidding of humans. Nobody can curse your cow and make her dry up. That's not how magic works, and I suspect you are posting in the wrong forum.

This is a religious forum, not a place to make up spooky stories.

Old 06-04-2013, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
By the way, you seem to have formed your ideas about magic from what Hollywood puts in movies. That is fiction. Someone made it up, which means it is not real.

Hogwarts does not exist, nobody can fly through the air on brooms, and demons will not respond to chanting and do the bidding of humans. Nobody can curse your cow and make her dry up. That's not how magic works, and I suspect you are posting in the wrong forum.

This is a religious forum, not a place to make up spooky stories.
You have formed your ideas about me from your own projections. If I asked questions in the wrong forum, then you can respectfully tell me so, and guide me were to post if you know. I have no ideas. I'm here to learn. I didn't make up a thing, and certainly didn't get it from movies, especially Harry Potter.
You also seem to discount other people's beliefs on the subject, and seem to have little respect for those who believe different than you. You may believe people can't be cursed, and there are no demons who do thee bidding of humans, but others certainly do, and it isn't just Christians. No offense to Christians if its not what you believe, but some Christians do. I'm not Christian, and I don't hold the extreme right beliefs of the bogey man. I do believe in spirits, good & bad, and I do believe they interact with us. I just don't know much about it.
Anyway, people have different beliefs, and it is their right. We do not have a right to be disrespectful, and tell someone absolutely their belief is wrong. You can say its not your belief, but you have NO right to tell another their belief is wrong and they are making up stories. If my beliefs are different than others I respectfully agree to disagree. Something you seem to be unable to do.
There is no need to be rude just because someone may not know about your beliefs, or posted in the wrong forum according to you.
I didn't wrongly assume anything about pagan beliefs and or magik. I did wrongly assume that the people here would be open-minded, and I wouldn't run into rudeness, unjust speculations, and stereo-typing. I certainly didn't think someone who is supposed to be kind to all creatures would falsely accuse me of lying, and making up stories, instead of being an adult, and simply stating they couldn't help me because its not their belief system.
Frednotbob, thanks for your help.
Oregonsmoke, you should figure out why you are so suspicious of people who don't believe like you, and instead of helping them understand you, you push them away with your bigotry. Sorry, I bothered to peacefully coexist and learn about those who hold different beliefs. Something tells me your bigotry extends to more than just non-pagans. Good day.

Last edited by colorfulchic83; 06-04-2013 at 11:13 AM..

Old 06-04-2013, 08:54 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,672,460 times
Don't let this encounter with Hoodoo Root magic discolor your thoughts on magic. I know several root-workers and all their magic is for good.
I'll be learning about root work this summer. I know nothing about the specifics so it should be interesting.

Old 06-05-2013, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
Don't let this encounter with Hoodoo Root magic discolor your thoughts on magic. I know several root-workers and all their magic is for good.
I'll be learning about root work this summer. I know nothing about the specifics so it should be interesting.
Thank you for your kind response.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism