Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2017, 03:30 PM

5,856 posts, read 5,299,873 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Et quoque apud te.

(And also with you.)

Live long and perspire....er....prosper.

Cat
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2017, 07:45 PM

88,693 posts, read 85,050,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
May The Fourth Be With You.

Cat
Quote:
Et quoque apud te.

(And also with you.)
Or...and altho with youthe guyth.

Old 05-04-2017, 08:01 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,232,868 times

Old 05-07-2017, 03:14 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,563,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
Here is the slideshow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoUEf8r1TEE

Sorry about the camera shakes. And yes, it was all shot with my new camera.

Cat
I love this. You rock!

Old 05-21-2017, 05:21 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,232,868 times
Default It's Spring

and many a young critter's fancy turns to thoughts of making more young critters.

It's cute (and hardly voyeuristic at all) to watch courtship behaviour at this time of year. Male turkeys strutting their stuff, blue jays tenderly passing morsels from beak-to-beak and the air full of romantic songs from finches and robins and loons and frogs and the wind whistling through budding, but still mostly bare limbs.

Old 05-21-2017, 05:48 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,563,186 times
Quote:
and many a young critter's fancy turns to thoughts of making more young critters.

It's cute (and hardly voyeuristic at all) to watch courtship behaviour at this time of year. Male turkeys strutting their stuff, blue jays tenderly passing morsels from beak-to-beak and the air full of romantic songs from finches and robins and loons and frogs and the wind whistling through budding, but still mostly bare limbs.
Our pasture sounds like an amphitheater, I kid you not. Those frogs are really singing up a spell! It's mesmerizing.

One time I was sitting outside hoisting a few and the locusts were in full swing. At the moment they quit, the crickets took over. I was like, wow, that hand off was impressive!

Old 05-21-2017, 06:15 PM

5,856 posts, read 5,299,873 times
There has been a lot of activity at our bird feeder. Hubby filled it up (both seed & suet) and it was all gone within a week. He filled it up again yesterday and the seed is about half gone already. But, to be fair, I saw one sparrow making a mess and flinging all over the place. I don't know if he was making sure that the doves didn't have to try to get on the perch to get food or he was picking out the seeds he likes. My guess it is a latter.

But, I have seen the male cardinal feed his lady love today as well as the titmouse doing the same.

In the past week I have seen:

-The sparrow hoard (they always come for breakfast when we are reading the paper)
-Starlings
-The cardinals
-The titmice
-A bluejay
-A nuthatch
-Doves
-Chickadees
-A woodpecker
-A purple finch

Those are only the ones that I have seen this week. Who knows what else paid the feeder a visit.

It seems like our feeder is THE place to be seen.

Cat

Old 05-21-2017, 07:31 PM

88,693 posts, read 85,050,028 times
Quote:

We're just about fully leafed out here. Lots of birdsong, too.

Old 05-21-2017, 08:49 PM

23,212 posts, read 10,505,007 times
Quote:

This is why I love Trout.

Old 05-25-2017, 03:42 PM

10,537 posts, read 6,182,449 times
THis popped up o my facebook feed today. Thought of you Troutdude.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyFjRXHJa6I
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism