Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2019, 12:58 PM

5,853 posts, read 5,280,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah5555 View Post
We had a friend who said he kept kosher and when we asked him how he could eat bacon, he INSISTED it did not come from a pig .
My great-grandfather was kosher but every Sunday he would go to a Chinese restaurant and order sweet & sour pork.

Cat
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2019, 01:06 PM

6,203 posts, read 3,546,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
My great-grandfather was kosher but every Sunday he would go to a Chinese restaurant and order sweet & sour pork.

Cat
Hilarious.

Old 09-19-2019, 02:47 PM

23,148 posts, read 10,445,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monastic555 View Post
Anyway, Hannibal, at least thanks for responding to my post. I brought up the two-headed snake because snakes are important in some religions and Paganism likes to explore many different ones. In fact some Pagan beliefs use actual snakes in their rituals. Isn't there a religion where the participants deliberately let poisonous snakes bite them to prove their faith?

By the way Hannibal how is your bipolar? Hope you're doing alright. Because I know that bipolar can be very difficult. Take care.
Still crazy lol, It was a bad problem for years before I realized how crazy I was. I would get stuck places watching signs, colors, counting EVERYTHING, everything had to have a pattern, it was a hard life to live, finding flaws everywhere, I still do. I walk into a place and start counting flaws in the floor, the ceiling. Somebody puts a bumper sticker on sideways and it is so irritating lol. As long as I don't get stuck with a smacker, I am ok. You put me in a room with somebody smacking like chewing gum, they gonna stop chewing gum or I get violent, so stupid. The sound of spoons clanking against a bowl keeps me out of restaruants.

Old 09-19-2019, 09:25 PM

88,579 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
Awesome! I admit I don't buy much canned veggies. When son was growing up I used to buy mandarin oranges on a regular basis. Made Sloppy Joe's with Paul Newman's marinara sauce, sauteed onions, some spices and hamburger meat. If we ate beans it was in a 7 layer dip from Trader Joe's . As a grown up he says he loves cheese and bean burritos for breakfast. Not my cup of tea .
That was kind of the point of the article. I grew up on canned vegetables, canned soup, etc., and then when the '80s hit and food became a trendy thing among the masses, canned foods were OUT.

The article to which I responded was being daring in asking people to come out of the closet with their canned-food secrets.

Old 09-20-2019, 12:12 AM

i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
That was kind of the point of the article. I grew up on canned vegetables, canned soup, etc., and then when the '80s hit and food became a trendy thing among the masses, canned foods were OUT.

The article to which I responded was being daring in asking people to come out of the closet with their canned-food secrets.
We probably have 300 cans of vegies and fruit we put up ourselves, but I still buy alot of cans, canned tomatoes is the only gold. I could sell a quart o tomatoes for 8 bucks, I just don't want to share, we don't make 700 quarts a year, maybe 150, and everybody begs me for them, like gold to me, I don't feel right unless I drink two quarts of tomatoes a day. I would pay ten bucks for a quart of tomatoes when I don't have any.

Old 09-20-2019, 06:18 AM

Quote:

Oh sorry. I lost track there was an article somewhere . The only canned good I remember growing up with was Campbell's Chicken Noodle soup.

Old 09-20-2019, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Oh sorry. I lost track there was an article somewhere . The only canned good I remember growing up with was Campbell's Chicken Noodle soup.
We used to eat a lot of canned Campbell's soup. And canned vegetables. I guess it was a cheaper way to feed a bunch of kids.

Also canned peaches or pears for dessert sometimes.

Old 09-20-2019, 07:57 AM

Quote:
We used to eat a lot of canned Campbell's soup. And canned vegetables. I guess it was a cheaper way to feed a bunch of kids.

Also canned peaches or pears for dessert sometimes.
Well there were only 3 of us kids. We rarely had dessert. Sometimes ice cream. We did have that fruit cocktail sometimes that came in a can. That was good .

Old 09-20-2019, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Well there were only 3 of us kids. We rarely had dessert. Sometimes ice cream. We did have that fruit cocktail sometimes that came in a can. That was good .
We usually did have some type of dessert. My mother was a better baker than a cook, so after our overcooked, dried-out meat with canned vegetables and mashed potatoes (which we ate almost every day, was the best part of the meal, and is still my favorite food, lol) we almost always had some kind of cake or pie or cookies. We were all as skinny as rails, too.

I liked fruit cocktail, too.

Old 09-20-2019, 10:27 AM

I eat fruit everyday unless I eat a can of pinapples, I eat alot of meat, and I get this craving after eating a steak where it's like I am thirsty, but not thirsty, and the only thing that fixes it, is a can of pinapples.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism